“Great value near downtown Syracuse and highways” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast!
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in East Syracuse
New England
“Great value near downtown Syracuse and highways”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Some areas are some what dated but room was upgraded with granite counter tops and new carpeting. Front desk employees and others were accomodating and friendly. Honored my request for a quiet room and did not hear any disturbances. Breakfast buffet had a nice assortment of fresh fruit and other breakfast items. Plenty of safe, free parking.

Room Tip: THis is a holiday season with many local businesses having Christmas parties. I asked for a quiet ro...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kmagdon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share some information on your very positive stay while also giving great detail that truly highlights your experience with us. From our location to downtown Syracuse to the touches in the room, we strive to exceed expectations and we truly appreciate you taking the time to let your fellow travelers know that we did just that for you! We look forward to having you back again sometime soon and making your next visit equally enjoyable.

Aurora, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had an opportunity to stay here for a Christmas party and to do some shopping while in Syracuse. Reception was always very pleasant, and the cookies were great. I had requested a room with a king bed and got it. It was facing the parking lot in the back, so it was very quiet, which I liked.The hotel is set among a group of hotels on the east part of Syracuse, so it's not downtown, however it's right by the Carrier Circle and the New York Throughway so it's very accessible to where you need to go. There really isn't any place to walk. However it's very fast by car. The room was a nice size and very clean. It looks like they were redone lately. The bed is really soft, but very comfy. The hotel has two pools. The gym and it was fairly large with lots of decent equipment. It did have a restaurant but i didn't eat there and it is kind of pricey. Although the food at the party was good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Standard three star hotel, no breakfast, no free internet, no mocro's, fridge subject to availability. Older property, the rooms are in good condition but the heater made loud fan noises. Very nice well equiped gym, nice indoor pool. For the price I would stay at a place that offered all the little extras. There is not much in walking distance from the hotel.

Room Tip: Quiet area away from traffic so all the rooms should be quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Kmagdon, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Plainsboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

While I have stayed at several hotels globally and never written a review, I must say that Doubletree Syracuse stands out as an exceptionally good hotel for both business and personal stays. Its staff is very courteous and remembered my dinner choices even 2 weeks later. Darrelle Thompson, Kevin Magdon and Stacey at the bar clearly stand out as 3 employees who really make the difference. The rooms are comfortable and large sized and this hotel will be the one I will stay whenever I am in Syracuse. The airport shuttle is an added benefit.

Room Tip: I have stayed on multiple floors and I have found all rooms to be of exceptional quality. Floor leve...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I had an opportunity to stay here for a mini vacation and to do some shopping while in Syracuse. I got a great deal through Hotwire. Reception was always very pleasant, and the cookies were yummy:) Anyplace I needed to go they gave me a map so it was very helpful with finding places. I had requested a room on the third floor and a fridge, and both were granted. It was facing the parking lot in the back, so it was very quiet, which I liked.The hotel is set among a group of hotels on the east part of Syracuse, so it's not downtown, however it's right by the Carrier Circle and the New York Throughway so it's very accessible to where you need to go. There realy isn't any place to walk per se to eat, however it's very fast by car.
The hotel has two pools but none of them I used due to an injury I have. I took a peek in the gym and it was fairly large with lots of decent equipment.
It did have a restaurant but i didn't eat there.
I'd like to come back in the summer, and if I could I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room away from the front are quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank sylvie.mac
Elmira
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I just wanted to let you know that we had a WONDERFUL experience this past
weekend at your hotel. Everyone was fantastic, especially the elderly security
guard. He was so kind and so much fun. Our group really took to him and we all
sang "Oh Canada" together. What a sweetheart he was but at the same time doing a
great job and letting us know we needed to quiet down a bit and offering us the
option of moving to one of the banquet rooms. We also had a great experiece with
some of the military families and shared stories, laughs and made forever
memories. Breakfast was incredible and yummy!!
Thanks so much for everything!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Spent one night at this hotel on business trip. King room was very clean and had a comfortable bed. Hvac gave me problems by throwing tons of dry heat during the night when I had set room temp low; ended up shutting it off as I could not adjust it when I woke up at 3am sweating. Buffet breakfast was excellent with hot and cold selections, fresh fruit and eggs to order. Breakfast came free as did wifi in room since I am gold Hilton member. Location is easy on/off from I-90 Exit 35. Hotel has slow elevator (only 1 of the two elevators working during my stay.) I also had non-functional door key on my first trip to my 7th floor room. Had to travel back down (slow elevator) to front desk and get new key ... took two keys just in case; make sure the desk clerk tests the key. First guy did not; second clerk (young woman) did to make sure they work. Several other people I spoke to during this stay said they had similar issue with door keys ... or mentioned that one elevators is always out of service. Not sure why as others told me this hotel is quite popular for events. All the staff I came in contact with were very friendly and helpful ... they did their best to make you feel welcome and appreciated during your stay at the hotel. Positive attitude of the staff offset any of the issues I mentioned in this review.

• Stayed November 2012
#4 of 17 in East Syracuse
4.5 of 5 stars 500 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
SpringHill Suites Syracuse Carrier Circle

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse? Share your experiences!