Heading towards Labor Day and rooms are tight so I looked around the business districts and sure enough there were rooms. The Candlewood is getting a little tired looking but us oldies know the benefits of life experience outweigh the fripperies of youth.
Not only was the desk clerk welcoming and helpful but so were the other guests, who helped us bring our luggage from the car. As the suites are mainly aimed at long-stayers I guess they build up a little community.
We were allocated an accessible room and it worked very well. There's a tub but it's low. If you're on your own, beware the door - it needs the strength of Hercules to open. If you're not on your own, choose a slim partner as the gap between bed and wall on one side is minimal.
The bed is comfortable, furniture rock solid, and the room very well set up for business travelers with, joy of joys, multiple electrical outlets at desk height. Free WiFi works well.
For the more able there's a fitness suite.
Food is available from the honesty shop, situated directly opposite the accessible room (along with the fitness suite - ah, if only.)
One last point in its favor (or favour if you are travelling from England) is that you can bring all your old VHS tapes and play them here - there's a combined VHS/DVD player in the room, which perhaps gives you an idea of its age.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Syracuse Hotel East Syracuse
- Candlewood Suites Syracuse Hotel
- Candlewood Suites East Syracuse
- Candlewood East Syracuse
- East Syracuse Candlewood
- East Syracuse Candlewood Suites
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Venere, Olotels, EasyToBook, Agoda, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Candlewood Suites Syracuse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.