“Nice..nothing fancy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6611 Old Collamer Road South, East Syracuse, NY 13057 (Formerly Fairfield Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in East Syracuse
“Nice..nothing fancy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Overall my stay was nice, the breakfast was very good. The only thing I would say is the pool closes at 8pm, I think the pool should be open till at least 10 considering it wasn't even dark yet. We came back from dinner hoping to take a quick swim

• Stayed August 2013
Ron P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 14, 2013

General Manager of the Quality Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Horseheads
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed for the value and it met our expectations. It was a small room. It was clean. The bathroom and shower were fine. Breakfast was great. The bed was fine. The value does not indicate anything more and that is perfect. We arrived rather late and stayed until the next morning. Parking was adequate.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are right on the parking lot and a little noisy
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Springfield, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel looks nice from the outside, but the inside needs some serious updating. The halls are in need of some paint and carpet. Elevators were creapy. The bathroom is so small with the toilet and shower you can barely close the door. A large person would have to step in the tub in order to close the door....or leave the door open! I like that the sink/vanity area is outside of the bathroom so others can begin to prep for the day. Next time I pass through the area I might chose a differnt Choice Hotel...but Imight not, it wasn't awful, just outdated. I also didn't like that up on the third floors the security doors weren't shut and locked....they were wide open. I did like that the room we were in had a sofa that opened into a bed...my teen boys don't like to sleep together so it was nice to have the third bed offer....I wish all hotel rooms had that! I liked that the hotel gave snacks and that coffee, tea and cocoa were available upon arrival. Liked that we could pop popcorn in the lobby with the microwave. The bed sreads we not real appealing to the eye and the dressers in the room have seen better days. I was surprised that there wasn't a flat screen tv, but the one there was good enough I suppose. The front desk people were fine. The ladies doing the house keeping were friendly when we said good morning to them. My sons thought the area look creapy at night, but better in the morning. Breakfast ends at 9:00, which is way too early while on vacation with teen boys. We went to breakfast at 8:30. Breakfast prep person took too long to fill milk and make more waffle batter...she was gone almost 15 minutes doing this and by the time I made the boys their waffles she was asking us if we wanted anything else because she was putting stuff away. Not her fault it was 9:00 am, but it's too early to end breakfast. Oh, and there was no meat, she said the truck hadn't delivered it. There is another Choice Hotel up the street, if passing through this area I might pick the other one instead to see if it's as dated. Our stay was not bad, but nothing special.

Room Tip: Third floor has interior doors....the other floors had exterior doors.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Easthampton MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Our room was clean and odor free and notch above the many chain budget hotels that I've stayed in: nice wall paper rather than white paint, above average bedding and pillows. There was some sort of foam mattress that my wife loved but I thought was too squishy. The room was a bit on the small side but the King-sized bed compensated. Breakfast offered more variety than most budget chains. The pool area looked nice. The folks at the front desk were friendly and helpful. Its about a 15-20 minute drive to Syracuse University. I'd stay here again, as it was a good value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Smelled Like Smoke. This is a hard review to write. The workers were very friendly and I can see they are trying there best to have a good motel. For being a totally non-smoking motel, it is obvious that it wasn't in the past. The only way to get rid of the smell is to repaint, carpet and redo the room. I would not stay here again. We went to the dollar store and bought air fresheners.

Room Tip: Demand to see your room first. There must be some room they don't smell so bad.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ron P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Sorry to here that your room was not up to standards I do hope the next you choose us and let us make it right...
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Unfortunately for us, we did not realize there are several different hotels right in this immediate area! This place is a motel, not a hotel! All the doors are outside. The carpet needs steam cleaning, obviously dirty and faded. There are cobwebs all around the ceiling, there are holes in the wall, the mattress gave us a backache and although I found no bedbugs, I certainly did a search! The bathroom is deplorable, the tub fixtures are loose, the caulking is moldy and missing. The tv is cheap. We have never left a review on anything before but we rely on reviews for our own trips so thought others should know.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel, there are probably 6 right here!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pembroke, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel had everything for comfort. The rooms were spacious and spotless, the staff friendly and helpful despite the crowds that were coming in by the busload. My family and I were thorougly refreshed and rested after our stay. The value of service was worth twice the price we paid.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

General Manager of the Quality Inn

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!