“Dirt cheap, but works for a good night's sleep” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6611 Old Collamer Road South, East Syracuse, NY 13057 (Formerly Fairfield Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in East Syracuse
Massachusetts
“Dirt cheap, but works for a good night's sleep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

No bells or whistles here, but if you're just passing through, why waste money that could be better spent on dinner - however hard it might be to find a good dinner in this campus of downscale roadside motels. One curious detail at this Quality Inn is the outdoor "corridors." Saves on construction cost, I suppose, but we counted ourselves lucky not to be staying here during the winter.

Room Tip: Near the stairs or elevator
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
JTome, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
We appreciate that you took the time to write a review. We do consider our hotel to be a good value option for all travelers, with clean rooms and reasonable prices. Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn and we hope to continue to be your hotel of choice anytime you are in the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We have stated here many times over the last few years mainly while passing through onto other cities. The reason: the price and amenities included. You get free parking, wifi, hot and cold breakfast and your choice of smoking or non smoking rooms. The hotel itself could use some updating but as far as motels go, it is right on par. Also in the summer months it has a great heated outdoor pool to relax in. It is also within walking distance to some great restaurants like Ruby Tuesdays.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fridge when booking.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate that you took the time to write a review. We do consider our hotel to be a good value option for all travelers, with clean rooms and reasonable prices. Our upcoming renovations will help overcome the obstacles some guests encounter while staying with us, while continuing to provide great service and comfortable accommodations.

We do hope to be your hotel of choice anytime you are in the area!
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We have stayed here previously on a number of occasions and including this stay the hotel consistently delivers on cleanliness & value.

No you do not get all the bells and whistles, still no flat screen TV’s, fridges or microwaves & the washrooms are the size of a closet – what you do get is fantastic value for the price. Safe, clean comfortable basic accommodation, with a continental / hot breaky all served up by genuine friendly accommodating staffs.

We always book a king room on the third level with indoor hallways, however one can get a room on the 1st and 2nd level with an exterior door. Our king room had free high speed internet, a desk, couch and basic comfortable king bed.

The front desk does not always answer the phone as they are often with a customer or on the phone or attending to a guests concern – sure they could hire additional staffs, but that would just increase the room rate & lower the value…..

One evening we had an issue with a noisy family consisting of a group of rooms across the hall from us. Daniel from the front desk immediately came to sort them out, and then returned twice more on his own accord for a total of three visits to make sure they got the message which they appeared to have some difficulty getting initially. The next day we were then moved to another room as the noise and activity began again in the early morning hours.

Keep in mind this is not a Hilton, Sheraton or Marriott – think clean and comfortable, think value for the money and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: Think Value - Not five star
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I appreciate your kind words about our staff, and I'm glad we were able to assist you. We appreciate your continued loyalty and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Ellicottville, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I was too tired to continue driving to my destination so I decided to stop and stay at this Quality Inn. It was pretty close to the highway which was convenient for me. The front desk person was professional and courteous and answered most of my questions without me even having to ask them. The room was a bit dated but it had everything I needed and was clean. There was an iron and ironing board in the room which I didn't expect so that was very helpful to me. I was actually surprised at how well I slept considering that the hotel was a bit older. (They must have gotten new beds not too long ago.) At check-out, the staff seemed genuinely interested in how my stay was. When I mentioned that I had a long trip ahead of me they made sure I knew where the breakfast was located so that I could have a full stomach for the drive. I would stay here again if I'm ever in need of a place when passing through the Syracuse area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I appreciate your kind words about our staff, and I will be sure to pass your compliments on to them. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
The World
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Easy access to/from the freeway and pretty much what you would expect from this style of hotel. Nothing special but gives you what it says it will. Bathroom TINY. We used a coupon and for the money paid it was ok, and as we arrived late and left early the next morning it served its purpose.

Ruby Tuesdays opposite the hotel.....rather avoid it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit. We realize you have many choices when you travel and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The hotel rooms are what you pay for BUT the staff is SUPERB! My family and I arrived along with lots of other college freshmen families, and the front desk agent Daniel DellaGuardia took very good care of us and made sure that our stay was good. I had a million and one questions and he answered them all without hesitations!! It is a good bargain.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your great experience! I appreciate your kind words about our staff, and I will be sure to pass your compliments on to them. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Requested a non-smoking room, but at arrival was given a smoking room. The air conditioning did not work. The space for breakfast is too small so we could not find a place to seat.
After the wonderful service received in NYC, this was a big disapoinment to finish our trip this way.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
JTome, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Please accept my heartfelt apology for the issues and inconveniences that you experienced during your visit to Syracuse. At the Quality Inn Syracuse we try to exceed the expectations of every guest that enters our hotel, it seems that this time, we have fallen short. Our upcoming renovations will help overcome the obstacles some guests encounter while staying with us, while continuing to provide great service and comfortable accommodations. I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel, your feedback helps us correct problems, and deliver a better experience to all of our guests.

I realize that you have many choices when you travel, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to WOW you the next time you come to Syracuse. Please contact me directly, I'd love to personally help you with your reservations.

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!