“OK for the night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6611 Old Collamer Road South, East Syracuse, NY 13057 (Formerly Fairfield Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 15 hotels in East Syracuse
The World
“OK for the night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Easy access to/from the freeway and pretty much what you would expect from this style of hotel. Nothing special but gives you what it says it will. Bathroom TINY. We used a coupon and for the money paid it was ok, and as we arrived late and left early the next morning it served its purpose.

Ruby Tuesdays opposite the hotel.....rather avoid it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
JTome, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit. We realize you have many choices when you travel and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The hotel rooms are what you pay for BUT the staff is SUPERB! My family and I arrived along with lots of other college freshmen families, and the front desk agent Daniel DellaGuardia took very good care of us and made sure that our stay was good. I had a million and one questions and he answered them all without hesitations!! It is a good bargain.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your great experience! I appreciate your kind words about our staff, and I will be sure to pass your compliments on to them. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Requested a non-smoking room, but at arrival was given a smoking room. The air conditioning did not work. The space for breakfast is too small so we could not find a place to seat.
After the wonderful service received in NYC, this was a big disapoinment to finish our trip this way.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
JTome, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Please accept my heartfelt apology for the issues and inconveniences that you experienced during your visit to Syracuse. At the Quality Inn Syracuse we try to exceed the expectations of every guest that enters our hotel, it seems that this time, we have fallen short. Our upcoming renovations will help overcome the obstacles some guests encounter while staying with us, while continuing to provide great service and comfortable accommodations. I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel, your feedback helps us correct problems, and deliver a better experience to all of our guests.

I realize that you have many choices when you travel, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to WOW you the next time you come to Syracuse. Please contact me directly, I'd love to personally help you with your reservations.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I reserved a room here on 8/28/12 for 9/1/12. Had the direct phone number for the hotel. It took 4 different calls before someone finally picked up the phone. On the 1st we had to cancel the reservation for personal issues, called the direct line again and a man answered. Told him we had to cancel and he said he had to put me on hold for a second. Well 5 minutes later he still hadn't returned. I tried calling the number 5 more times but no one would answer the phone. I was finally able to locate a number for ChoicePrivileges and got the reservation cancelled. I told the rep about the man at the hotel, who knows if they'll look into it. Leads me to wonder if it's worth the hassel to stay there at all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Please accept my heartfelt apologies for the inconveniences you encountered when calling our hotel. I can certainly understand how frustrated you must have been when not being able to reach someone at our front desk. I assure you I will look into this and find a solution so that other callers don't experience the same issues. I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and bringing this to my attention.

We realize that you have many options when you travel and hope to remain your hotel of choice when you travel to the Syracuse area. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist with your reservation needs.
Gatineau, Quebec
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were at this Hotel for a 2 night stay for the long weekend, we started off by not having the best of rooms on the second floor but we quickly went back to the front desk and they gave us a room on the third floor which that one was alot better, make sure to ask for a room on the third floor. The room itself was ok but like most of the reviews say it definitely needs renovation to be a bit more modern.

The staff at this Hotel are very friendly and always willing to help...thumbs up for the staff :-) We hate at a restaurant called Dominick's about 10 minute car ride from the Hotel and it was really good Italian food, this was recommended to us by staff from the Hotel worth the 10 minute car ride. Right beside the Hotel there is a restaurant called Ruby Tuesday's and that was also good.

If you go to this Hotel using a BPS make sure that you enter 6611 Old Collamer Rd South, East Syracuse, we had not entered south and ended up somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate that you took the time to write a review. We do consider our hotel to be a good value option for all travelers, with clean rooms and reasonable prices. Our upcoming renovations will help overcome the obstacles some guests encounter while staying with us, while continuing to provide great service and comfortable accommodations.

We do hope to be your hotel of choice anytime you are in the area!
York, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Unclean and of much poorer quality than the other hotels in carrier circle, consider this hotel only as a last resort. Surprised its still considered within a hotel chain, very poorly kept compared to the Marriott hotels, embassy suites, and Hampton inn. I prefer the springhill suites as its the newest of them all, with a good breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012
Please accept my heartfelt apology for the issues that you experienced during your visit to Syracuse. At the Quality Inn Syracuse we try to exceed the expectations of every guest that enters our hotel, it seems that this time, we have fallen short. I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel, your feedback helps us correct problems, and deliver a better experience to all of our guests.

We realize that you have many choices when you travel and would love to be given an opportunity to win you back. If you are traveling to the area again please contact me directly and I would be happy to help you make your reservations.
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I walked into the lobby after a long drive, only to find a sign "back in a five minutes, helping a guest". I waited for a few minutes and then decided to grab something to eat and come back later.
When I came back, there was someone at the desk, and quickly checked me in. I was instructed to use the elevator rather than the stairs because the door jams sometimes.
I went up to the third floor, and found a hallway that looked a bit run down (worn carpet, splits in the seams), but it was okay.
When I went into my room, I found the furnishing to be very dated (traditional TV, old looking furniture and bedding), however the room was clean and did not have a bad smell. I checked very well, and didn't find any bed bugs (I always check under the bed, between mattress, under sheets, etc). The wifi was fast and easy to connect to, and there was a refrig and microwave in the room.
Overall the room was clean, and the bed made for a comfortable night's sleep. The free hot breakfast, consisted of a traditional continental breakfast plus hot waffles. I opted to pass, since I had an early breakfast meeting anyway.
There was a sign at the front desk stating they were under renovations, and I hope this includes fully renovating the hallways and rooms. All in all, this hotel was what I was looking for...a cheap and clean hotel, but I probably would not stay here for more than one or two nights.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
JTome, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2012

We do hope to be your hotel of choice anytime you are in the area!

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!