“Nice Courtyard” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice Courtyard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Clean and very nice staff. The beds are not the most comfortable and down comforters that are laundered would be nice but overall one if the nicest Courtyards. It says I must write more to submit- dumb.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Pinehurst, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. The rooms are well appointed, modern, exceptionally clean. The check in and check out process was fast and front desk associates were pleasant. There are several 3 great restaurants that you can walk to, which is always a plus for me, since I do not like to drive at night. They had the best pillows I think I have ever had in a hotel room. The mattress was another story, the only negative I can claim for this stay, it was too soft and you sort of sunk into it. Maybe I just got the wrong room. Be aware, this hotel does not offer any free breakfast, which in this market, I find sort of unappealing. They also do not offer free coffee in the lobby, which for me is a deal breaker. I had to go to out every morning and get my own (do not like those room coffee makers) and the brand you could purchase in the lobby was Starbucks. This is the first hotel I have stayed in that does not offer free coffee 24/7. I was up there for a football game, and this location made it easy to get to the game and right off the NY thruway.

Room Tip: all the rooms seem to be adequate for location and noise. I was on the first floor and did not hear...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear golfgirl44,

Thank you so much for all the kind things you mentioned about our hotel, especially about the pleasant front desk staff and the cleanliness of your room. I also appreciate your feedback about the pillows you liked as well as the mattress that you didn't like so much. Feedback about these things both good and bad is always important for us to hear. We do our best to switch out and replace the mattresses whenever they are in need of it. In fact we just replaced one this week.

In response to the breakfast not being free and not having free coffee available in the lobby, I'm sorry that is a deal breaker for you. I do want to let you and everyone else know that isn't something that only we are doing at this hotel. All Courtyards nationwide have or are in the process of doing this (as are Hilton Garden Inn's) I also want to share with everyone that we offer a very good and high quality breakfast in our Bistro and as you mentioned we serve Starbucks coffee in addition to the free coffee that is available in your rooms.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. We hope you will come back to stay with us again!

Grantham, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Our stay there was very nice although a bit over priced as the hotel took advantage of a college family weekend to jack up the prices. Front desk staff were very pleasant, and the lobby as well as the rooms were neat and very clean. Would return for another stay, but not until we searched out the rates for some of their competitors.

Room Tip: Location of the hotel, make almost all rooms equally quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Edwaterman,

I appreciate you taking the time to write your review of your stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, however am sorry you felt we were a bit overpriced that weekend. It was a fairly busy weekend in the area and we did our best to remain competitive in terms of price with the other hotels that are similar to us. In fact, we did make sure we were priced lower than many of our competitors that weekend. Again, thank you for staying with us and thank you for writing this review.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I do a lot of business travel and have been here a few trips in 2013 The facility is generally maintained well. I do get a corporate rate so the price point back to my client is excellent.

The front desk is very effiicient and responsive. Although on the outside of Syracuse it is really a short trip downtown.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Waterford, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this Courtyard and found it to be very clean and well kept. After a 12 hour drive found navigating the roundabout a little frustrating since the signs were a little confusing. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
upstate ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Each year my family and I go to syracuse a few times, for the NY State fair, Destiny USA and SU basketball games. Recently was our first time at this hotel, and after a magnificent stay, I will not bother to book anywhere else. From a fabulous lobby with a fantastic bistro, to a super clean indoor pool area, this hotel has it all and at a fair price. The staff was remarkably knowledgable and friendly and went above and beyond to make my husband and I and my teens feel welcome. While our teens were in the pool in the evening, my husband and I were able to enyoy wine together in the bistro. The rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious, and the entire hotel is modern and updated. Easy to find off the I-90 thruway, this hotel has it all and I commend the management for a well trained, friendly staff and a hotel experience we thoroughly enjoyed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear nyyankeegirl2,

Thank you for all the kind things about our hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed your first (hopefully not your last) stay and were able to enjoy the pool and the Bistro. We look forward to having you and your family back with us soon!

SLC, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed at the East Syracuse Courtyard on 8/27/13. The hotel was very clean and updated. The staff was friendly and helpful, particularlly the restaurant staff. The food was quite good, much better than I expected. There were a couple 'healthy' selections for breakfast which was a big plus for me. The rooms were good...typical for a newer courtyard. My only negative about this hotel was the exercise room was very small and not well ventilated. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would stay there again next time through.

Room Tip: The third floor is best...quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Syracuse Carrier Circle? Share your experiences!