“Nice quiet stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 hotels in East Syracuse
Kingston, Canada
“Nice quiet stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed for 1 night in a end king room. It was very quiet and roomy. Convenient location to i90. Very fast and efficient check-in. Grabbed a quick Starbucks at checkout but did not eat at this location. Would not hesitate to stay again although lots of price competition in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us and posting this review. I'm glad to hear that you had a quiet and relaxing stay and able to enjoy a Starbucks before checking out. I appreciate you staying with us.

Matt M.

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Just spent a weekend in Syracuse shopping and relaxing. The hotel's staff are very courteous, pleasant and there to help us. They helped us find directions to several locations around town and greeted us with a smile every time. The hotel from the front lobby to the rooms are very clean and comfortable. The design of the hotel is also very nice. After a long drive in and a day of shopping, the pool and hot tub were great! While some reviews indicate it is hard to find or a little out of the way we had no trouble finding the hotel. We also found getting on the interstate to the Waterloo outlets and navigating the streets to the downtown core and Carousel mall an east task from the Courtyard. The hotel is in a business park area surrounded by many other hotels so it was quiet and the are felt safe. There were also places to eat breakfast and dinner near by. We will be back!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Syracuse Courtyard by Marriott! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us! I'm glad you found it easy to navigate to the major shopping areas around us, we are located about 15 minutes from most major retailers and about 45 minutes from the Waterloo Outlets! I am also extremely thrilled to hear that you were just as excited as we have been about our renovation to the lobby and guest rooms. I am delighted that you took advantage of our indoor pool and hot tub, they are a great way to relax after a long day! Our staff is always happy to help with directions and any other needs our guests might have! Thank you once again and we hope you decide to stay with us again soon!
Connecticut Yankee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

As you can see from my reviews, I'm a loyal Marriott customer (mainly because of their consistent cleanliness and quality and their excellent rewards program). So I've stayed at a lot of Marriotts and am not easily impressed.

But this Courtyard did impress me, because of the friendly thoughtful service we encountered the minute we walked into the door. As we'd requested, they had reserved a top-floor room for us and had the extras we include on our reservation profile--but because there was a wedding party staying on the same floor/wing, the manager was thoughtful enough to offer another room option. We took her up on it! Since we had already started loading the luggage cart with luggage, she even offered to meet us at a door nearer to the elevators so we could park the car in a better location. These touches are what I love about Marriott--the staff is so often willing to make an effort to make our stay that much easier and more enjoyable.

The room was a typical Courtyard room, with bright colors, comfortable beds, and spotlessly clean. The rooms were also nicely soundproofed--we never heard any noise from other rooms or the parking lot we overlooked.

Clean, comfortable, and convenient--and definitely willing to go the extra mile to make us feel welcome! We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are happy to hear that you are a loyal Marriott guest and glad we were able to take care of you! Our staff is always ready and willing to assist our guests in the best way possible and we are extremely pleased to hear that your stay was no exception! Thank you for the wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you again!
Springfield, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was in Syracuse, NY for business and my travel agency booked me here. I was really disappointed at the extremely high room rate for a small room that showed that it had not been cleaned properly. The bed cover had some white stains on it; when I left the cover at the door to be cleaned; I found it on my bed again uncleaned that evening. I promptly left a note advising them to clean it and when I returned the next day...there was no cover on my bed. I couldn't believe it. On my last day here; I had a do not disturb sign on my door and a maid knocked and kept trying to enter my room anyway. When I went to the door, he was speaking some foreign language and just walked away. This hotel isn't worth $150+ a night. It's in an area with many other hotels...I should have picked on of them maybe. Thumbs down!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give some feedback about your stay with us. We would like to apologize for the bed cleanliness not being up to par. We take pride in providing clean and comfortable rooms for our guests and understand that anything less than that is unacceptable. We have addressed this issue with our staff and assure you that this will not happen again. If there is anything else we can do to change your mind about our hotel please feel free to contact us directly. We hope you'll reconsider and stay with us during your next visit to Syracuse!
OTTAWA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This hotel was very clean, easy to get to as it is right off the highway and has restaurants very close by. The staff is very helpful and friendly. We went to the New York State fair and this hotel was a great price and only about 15 min drive to the fair. The breakfast was good but if you don't want to eat at the Marriott there are restaurants in walking distance to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thanks very much for the review! I am thrilled to hear about your experience and that my staff was very helpful during your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast from our Bistro and hope that you enjoyed a Starbucks coffee too. We look forward to your next visit at The Courtyard in East Syracuse.
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We went to Syracuse for a week end get away and Tricia wanted to do some shopping we picked this hotel because of the name that we like{ Marriott}. The staff was very friendly and was also impressed with the manager here also she had a great attitude and answered any questions we had about the area.We asked for a room upgrade and lucky for us we got one and it was a nice room with separate sitting area and a TV and fridge and microwave love seat and 2 comfy chairs.The bed room had a comfortable king bed and flat screen TV also .The hotel had free Marriott Brand coffee but star bucks could be purchased.The only thing not impressed with was the breakfast bar $18 for a couple sandwiches that were pre made and heated up not pleasant experience. It is to bad it did not have a regular restaurant here. Location is great for taking a short drive to shopping and there is at least 3 restaurants with in short walking distance .It still surprises us that they do not take Canadian money even though its worth more then there money is right now and they could be more aware of our currency since many Canadians go there.Next time we visit Syracuse we will for sure check this place out again.

Room Tip: 3Rd floor is not has noisy and remember to change setting on heating &cooling fan to auto make...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience. I am thrilled to hear that my staff went above and beyond to take care of all of your needs, including a room upgrade. We are pleased that we offer refrigerators in each room and free WiFi and flat screen TV's. All of our breakfast options are made fresh to order; 'some' of them are portioned out ahead of time and then are cooked to order. We have several breakfast options for you to choose from including eggs (or egg whites) cooked to order, with choice of meat (crisp bacon, sausage, or Canadian turkey bacon), toast and Bistro potatoes. In addition we have delicious thick cut french toast made fresh to order. I hope that you will our Bistro another try next time. I am pleased that you chose us for your hotel needs and look forward to your next visit.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Very clean & modern rooms right off the freeway. Very nice courtyard on inside of hotel. Would recommend for anyone. Only stayed as a layover to drive to Toronto but was excellent. Coffee down in lobby in AM. Easy check out.

• Stayed August 2012
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us at The Courtyard in East Syracuse. I am pleased to hear that our staff were able to answer the necessary questions and were able to upgrade you too! It sounds like you were able to get a sound sleep on our brand new beds that are in each and every room. We now have flat screen TVS and refrigerators in every room too.
We do accept Diners Club, Discover, American Express, Visa, and MasterCard as method of payments and look forward to your next shopping trip.
Thank you again!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Syracuse Carrier Circle? Share your experiences!