“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reisterstown, Maryland
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Had to come to Syracuse for a funeral - we only stay at Marriott Brand hotels when possible! From check in til check out - everything was great. This is a newer hotel - love the staff and the décor - very, very clean and comfy. Vincent at the front desk was so friendly and fun! Would definitely stay here again next time we have to come to Syracuse!

Room Tip: High floor facing parking lot is quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bangor, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with a group that was competing in a cheering competition at the OnCenter the following day. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. The rooms were huge, not big but HUGE! You could sleep 6 comfortably in a room that size. They were very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great to. As I said we were with a large group and breakfast got a bit crazy because there aren't that many seats in the lounge area. A woman who worked there was so kind as to let us eat in the business meeting room. Overall it was great!

• Stayed March 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I drove to Syracuse yesterday (2/15/2014) for a day but it started snowing and didnt want to make that hour drive back to Ft. Drum. So most of the hotels were sold out but we were able to get the Springhill Suites. VERY NICE! This hotel is clean and there were NO leftover hairs (which I HATE)! The staff is really nice. We went to breakfast this morning and my hands were full trying to carry my plate to my room just outside the breakfast area. One of the employees saw me struggling and stopped to help me. We are staying in room 118 and it's very nice. I have absolutely no complaints here!

• Stayed February 2014
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed during the MLK weekend to attend the Syracuse Mayor's Ball. A few staff members were very friendly but most were just cordial, not overly friendly or helpful especially the housekeeping staff and the breakfast staff. We had never visited the area so we really had to ask a lot of questions. Even asking if the pool was heated seemed to annoy the staff member we asked. It was a busy weekend there with many families in town for the Syracuse University basketball game and that seemed to overwhelm the staff. The property itself was very clean, the rooms were comfortable and clean and the breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed January 2014
Mary G, Manager at SpringHill Suites Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at SpringHill Suites. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations in regards to customer service. I understand that can be very frustrating to not get exactly what you were expecting. Our staff takes pride in delivering outstanding service as well as being able to direct our guests to the many unique attractions that our wonderful city has to offer.
We have shared your comments with our staff and discussed the importance of providing great customer service, especially at our busiest times.
We hope that you will visit us again soon and give us another opportunity to provide you with an exceptional experience.
northeast US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Header - Staff VERY pleasant. Thanks!
Weather tanked after an ice hockey weekend for child so made a late afternoon reservation and I was concerned about usual room request (bad knee, need a lower floor by the door). There were several hotels in the same industrial park type of location.

Again, Desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. The main area was very, very bright, roomy, breakfast was usual fair and packed which wasn't unexpected, they worked hard to try and keep it stocked. Waffle maker seemed to be burning waffles so I shied away from it although it could have been residue from someone else and needed wiped down but many were commenting about difficulty with it amongst themselves. I was REALLY surprised how quiet guest noise was for number of guests. .

Again, credit for Staff, very pleasant, it was relatively clean with one exception I noticed, plenty of hot water with a good shower. Really skimped on towels, only had 3 even with requests for extras on my account due to child's sport, 2nd time this has happened at the chain, we had to share towel we used on our hair. I wasn't going to desk with those bright lights at night to ask for more. Also, NO BLOW DRYER FOR HAIR..be prepared. I didn't need but if you do, consider it.

Rooms need a small kitchen sink, seemed weird compared to others in the chain.Bed was excellent, so was the sofa, firm, seemed new.

I really wish all of the Suites had 2 TV's because that whole turn to bedroom or living room doesn't really make it a suite and just annoys people.Marriott just do it. Lighting was abrasive over bed but if working or didn't have e-reader, it was perfect for reading papers/reports, etc. and it was on a dimmer. But still like sitting under a spotlight at it's lowest, considering it was in an industrial type park I see the need. Plenty of lights and outlets, no complaints there at all.

Just a few suggestions made over and over at all "suites" - 1) - the TV - please just put $100 TV's in the living room and move the bedroom one to the roomier side of the bathroom exit. Then if you need to adjust thermostat during the night and don't want to turn on a light, you won't kill your shins slamming into suitcases and the TV table. Please? those tables have sharp corners. Hang a cheap TV on the living room area wall. You could do the whole place in 2 days, really. 2) put sinks in the kitchenette because it's a toss up what you will find at each place and hard if you have your own stuff to be rinsing and cleaning for the next day in a bathroom sink while someone is sleeping? Hockey water bottles, travel mugs, sports mouthpieces, retainers, you name it, you have to turn on a light, and disturb the sleeping, because bathroom sink is in the open and shower and toilet are in their own closed area, and 3) please, upgrade the heating units to quieter ones. For anyone who is a light sleeper and has a choice this might a deal breaker. I realize you get what you pay for and overall I gave a 4 but these things need to be examined. Simple and easy to correct.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last Saturday (7 Dec.) after landing in New York Friday night and driving through the day after staying near the airport. This is not a room service type hotel nor were we met by a doorman but we did not expect this. This hotel is new and fresh with modern decor and fittings.

The hotel was easy to find with outdoor parking. Reception and check-in was quick. The room we booked was for five, two double beds and a fold out sofa with breakfast and free internet, great value! The bedroom was separated by a divider from a 'sitting' room which was a large room with a sofa, desk, fridge, and microwave. There was a huge walk-in wardrobe and the bathroom was well appointed with the usual toiletries etc. Beds were comfy.

We had an issue with a backed up toilet (not the fault of the hotel), I rang reception and there was a serviceman there in about three minutes, he fixed the problem then left only to return five minutes later with a mop unit which he cleaned up with.

Breakfast next day was good, eggs and sausage patties and all the usual breads, pastries, waffles and pancakes.

Extra towels were supplied when asked for and my wife and I both used the gym which was adequate.

When we left I spoke to the receptionist. He said, "I hope you enjoyed your stay?" I said, "We certainly did, this is a nice hotel"

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Carleton Place, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed here on an overnight visit with husband and three teenagers during the Black Friday weekend. All together not too bad of a stay. Cant really complain as I used Marriott Points so it didn't cost me anything. Hotel was packed and there was a few 'questionable' young adults staying on the 4th floor just a few rooms down from us but I figured they'd make more noise than my children would :-) so I figure that was more of a bonus for me.

Pool is extremely tiny - maybe fit 10 people in at the most. Its more like a wading pool. No hot tub or sauna. Would be good for younger families with smaller children.

Breakfast was your standard "free" continental breakfast (eggs, sausage, toast, bagels, waffles, cereal, yogurt, juice, milk) and nothing to write home about but it fills the hunger gap. I do like the fact they have a coffee beverage service right at the front lobby where you can grab a cup of coffee or tea (or water) anytime you like. You also have a coffee maker, microwave and fridge in your room which is great.

Room was a decent size. We had a studio 2 double room so it had 2 double beds and a pull out couch. Fit the 5 of us just fine without crawling over one another. The seating area (with the pull out couch) was in a different room with a desk so it would be great for business travelers. Beds are comfortable (as most Marriott beds are). I did find the room lacking in towels - we had 2 towels for 5 people - and the shampoo/conditioner was also lacking - 1 small container for 5 people - but all it took was us to request more from housekeeping.

Close to airport and shopping. Good quiet location.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Syracuse Carrier Circle? Share your experiences!