“very comfortable and great value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Destiny USA Shopping!
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in East Syracuse
Tweed, Ontario, Canada
“very comfortable and great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times. The value is excellent , lovely breakfast and the managers reception at night is delightful after a day of shopping. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are spacious and clean. Air conitioning is a wee bit noisy but did not affect our sleep. Staff was excellent, friendly an efficient.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Chezza C, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
I am so excited to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! I see that you came here for a shopping trip and I hope that you got some good deals and had a great time. I appreciate your patience about the noise in your room. Thank you very much for the positive feedback and I am delighted to see that you had a great stay overall.

If you plan to stay with us in the future I hope that you will the same positive experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Two complaints related to contractors on site and housekeeping; Car covered in debris on two separate occasions. Management initially too busy to address and then fell woefully short in following-up. Car now requires professional cleaning to remove tar from the white finish. No on-site supervision of contractors at all. Also, after departure left personal item at hotel. Called two hours after checkout and hotel management pledged their attention and a callback. Again, no follow-up; poor customer service on two small issues that were easily resolved.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your time giving us your feedback. I am so sorry about the lack of follow up from management. I ensure that we will do a better job at resolving issues in the future.

We appreciate your business!
Suffern, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel was not up to Embassy Suites Standards. The lobby was really different and beautiful, but the stay left much to be desired. We should not have been placed in the rear of the hotel above the row of compressors that generates for the entire hotel. After getting my kids to sleep, I went into the main room and discovered the noise factor and the floor vibrating because of it. I could not wake my kids up to move to a new room. I went to tell the front desk, and they knew very well about the noise issue in that room. They said, oh, if the kids weren't sleeping, we would move you. That means that there were other rooms available and they dumped us there. Nobody should be put there. They did not offer anything and weren't that sympathetic. It was not worth the near $200. The woman that checked us out really understood, it's a shame we didn't have her the night before. Additionally, the room was far from Embassy suites standards. (I would know, I stayed at a different one the night before). The furnishings were very worn, the bathroom door hardly closed, the connecting door to a strangers room hardly locked, the tub was rusty and there was questionable mold on the tiles (but definite rust). And the toilet ran. Could anything else go wrong? Looking forward to a phone call, S. B., New York

Dear Dovid B,

Words cannot express how sorry I am about your experience. I understand that your expectation was to enjoy your evening and get a good rest. Thank you for your time giving us your feedback. The issues you experienced in the room were addressed to the appropriate department.

If you plan to give us a try again in the future please contact me directly.
Peterborough
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The hotel was falling apart, sinks plugged, towel rack falling off wall, shower full of mold, everyday the room glasses were dirty and sticky, etc.... The service in the hotel was brutal. The breakfast was cold and the coffee mugs were dirty. After informing staff of cups , no action was taken to remove them. The pool was to cold, even for kids and the hot tub was not much warmer. Even the staff told us that the hotel was falling apart (the ones that could speak english). When the fire alarm went off, staff did nothing to direct people out of the building. Most of the staff could not understand people, because they did not speak english. So they just keep vacuiuming I paid about $38.00 US for 1 phone call! They are money hungry leeches. I will never stay at your hotel again...

Dear Hog88,

I am very sorry about the challenges you experienced at our hotel. The issues were addressed to the appropriate departments and I ensure that this will not happen again. Thank you for your time and allowing us to make improvements in our guest service.

If you decide to give us a try in the future please do not hesitate to contact me.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites Syracuse a couple of times. The location is very convenient and overall we have found it to be a very nice hotel. We will stay here again and we will definitely recommend it to others. The room was very nice although the bathroom (specifically the tub/shower) could use some reno work. Also, the breakfast staff looked less than happy, particularly one woman who looked miserable! Otherwise the staff was excellent. We'll be back the next time we are in the Syracuse area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Annemarie D,

Thank you for your time commending our hotel. I do apologize about a specific staff member and I will definitely address this to her superior. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay overall and I hope that you come stay with us again in the future!
Apalachin, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel has a garden, complete with walking paths, in the center of it's atrium. All the rooms overlook it. We stay there every year for the Syracuse National Street Rod Show and there's almost always a wedding held in the atrium on Saturday night. Rooms are plush and quiet.

Two highlights:

1) The nightly "manager's reception" which includes snacks and drinks (wine, beer, mixed... I'm serious!) This is the only hotel I've ever known to do such a thing, and it is very enjoyable after a long day.

2) Matt the bar-tender. (At breakfast he makes the omelets) It seems like he's always there, and no matter what time of day or night we bump into him... he's smiling. If you see him... tell him the Street Rodders from Binghamton said Hi!

Dear Rachelsuesmom,

I am so excited to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the positive feedback here on Tripadvisor. I will definitely give Matt your best regards and I am sure he is going to be excited to learn that he made a difference on your stay.

I hope to have your stay with us in the future and have the same positive experience.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice for 2-3 days each time. While I like the fish pond near the lobby, the rest of the hotel really needs updating. It is dark and carpets and furniture need replacing. During my last stay (3 nights) the room was not cleaned on the second night. The bed was made and towels were replaced, but the trash was not removed. It was like they have forgot to do it. Also, I have a big problem with the fact that the restaurant has closed. This hotel is not near any decent restaurants and now the convenience of having the restaurant in the hotel is gone. I will look to other areas of Syracuse the next time I travel there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Hockey D,

Thank you for your feedback about our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our housekeeping staff. The issues were addressed and I ensure that this will not happen again. We are currently working on reopening our restaurant and bar and we hope to have it back in service soon.

If you change your mind and decide to give us a try again please contact me directly and I will ensure that you will have a wonderful experience with us.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Syracuse? Share your experiences!