“Super Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in East Syracuse
Buffalo, NY
“Super Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed at this Embassy Suites for two nights on a business trip in March.

The hotel is located within a mile of the Thruway exit. Be sure to use "Old Collamer" Road on your GPS device, as there is also a "Collamer" Road which will take you a couple miles out of your way (speaking from the voice of experience).

The check in staff were lovely. I will admit that I am a bear lover, so I absolutely fell in love with the hotel mascot "Jessie" the bear. They even have the cutest bear carpeting in the atrium.

My room had a king bed which was super comfortable. The room was spotlessly clean. As always, I enjoy having the fridge in the room for drinks.

I used the fitness center both days. There were 2 ellipticals and several treadmills, along with free weights and a variety of balls and mats. There were plenty of towels, water, cups and sanitizing wipes available. The center is open 24/7, which is terrific. I also had a chance to use the pool both mornings. It is big enough to do leisurely laps, and then there was a jacuzzi for relaxing. The pool area was super clean with lots of towels and chairs.

I had dinner in the hotel restaurant the first night. The French onion soup was fabulous. The London broil special was a little bit dry. There are several restaurants within walking distance to the hotel. I ate at Ruby Tuesdays the second night, where I had a very good turkey burger.

The breakfast area was very nice and I got a cooked to order omlette both days. There was also a good selection of fruits, pastries, breads and cereals.

Here is why the hotel staff stands out for me: after breakfast the first day, I set out for a long day on the road meeting with clients. It wasn't until I got back to the hotel that I realized I had lost one of my hoop earrings. I figured I'd lost it on the road and it was long gone. On a whim, I stopped by the front desk, and showed them the remaining earring and asked if anyone had turned in its mate. One of the ladies immediately jumped out of her seat, ran to the back, and returned with my earring! I must have lost it at breakfast, and someone had turned it in. I started crying I was so happy that they had found it. The earrings were a gift from my husband just this past Christmas. Thank you again to the wonderful staff!!

I will definitely stay at this hotel if I'm every back in Syracuse for business or leisure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Randy P, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Nittany&fargo-

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I will definitely make sure to share your kind words with my entire team and we all hope to welcome you back again soon. Our hotel ambassador Jessie will be here waiting to welcome you back.

Randy Player

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The rooms have just been renovated and are very nice with great finishes, the accommodations are large and the staff is excellent! Cook to order breakfast was delicious. Fast internet connection and a very welcoming atrium.Highly Recommend for any traveler staying in Syracuse!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Randy P, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear allaroundtheworld365-

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. It was great to hear that enjoyed our brand new rooms. Every one of our rooms is a two bedroom suite and it sounds like you also enjoyed having this extra space. I"ll make sure to pass along your kind words to our complimentary cooked to order breakfast team as well. They do a great job for us each and every day.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon!

Fulton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a place to stay for our anniversary ,also my company had an event at a hotel close by so we chose Embassy Suites. I am glad we did. The rooms have been remodeled and are truly modern and clean. Big improvement from last year when we stayed. The new manager Randy Player was very accommodating and an excellent host. The evening reception with open bar, that is held daily, was warm and welcoming, not just watered down punch and cookies like some places. The cooked to order breakfast was top notch. Our stay at the Embassy came very close to some of our resorts we stay at when we travel. To all of the staff and Randy, my wife and I thank you!

Room Tip: We love the 5th floor at the top.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bard J-

Thanks for taking a moment to share your experience and it was truly our pleasure to have you stay with us. It was great to hear you enjoyed the new rooms as well as our complimentary evening reception and breakfast. Don't hesitate to reach out to me if I may be of any future assistance and I look forward to welcoming you and your wife back soon!

Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and found it to be very comfortable. They are currently redecorating the rooms and heard they will be completely finished in a couple months. They have a complimentary 2 hour open bar with snacks every day. It's very relaxing to sit in the atrium while sipping a glass of wine. The breakfast is included in the cost of your room which is great! The breakfast can be either cooked to order or if they have a buffet station set up you can help yourself. I found the cooked to order better. The pool is a little small and if you're there on a weekend when there are kids you may have a hard time getting any laps in. The room is very spacious and found the new decor very warm and welcoming. Overall I really like this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the Thruway if you have trouble with noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Diane S-

Thank you for staying with us and taking a moment to share your experience! We are indeed just finishing up enhancements to every guest room. I agree with you that the new decor is very warm and welcoming. The feedback from all guests has been very positive. As you mentioned, on busier days we will set up a breakfast buffet option. This ensures guests in a hurry can still enjoy their full complimentary breakfast. Our Chef is always present to create your favorite omelette or any other requests as well. The swimming pool can get busy on the weekends but we do offer an "adult only swim" daily after 10 PM. We've found this let's the kids enjoy the pool but still offers a quiet escape for the adults later in the evening.

Thank you again for the great feedback and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We really enjoyed our time at the Embassy Suites and will most likely make it a yearly destination. We felt it was a great value for our money. Our daughter had a blast running around the hotel checking out the fish ponds and using the pool and jacuzzi. The complimentary breakfast was very good too! I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear GinaA-

Thanks for staying with us and it was great to hear you enjoyed your visit. The fish ponds in the lobby are a lot of fun and kids always have fun picking out their favorite fish. Nothing beats a swimming pool and Jacuzzi in the middle of the long winter and glad to hear your daughter enjoyed these as well.

We hope to see you back again next year!

West Nyack, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had a wonderful room during our recent stay for business. We had a lovely room that was more like a cozy little apartment. The Staff was VERY welcoming and sincere. Our only complaint would be the lack of a baggage cart at check in time.
A+

Room Tip: Great Buffet breakfast
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear SallySecNY-

Thanks for sharing your feedback and glad you enjoyed your visit. With all of our rooms being two room suites they do tend to feel more like home than a typical hotel room. I'll definitely pass along your kind words about the team here as well. I'll make sure to remind my Front Desk team to keep a close eye on the luggage carts and remind guests to please return them or call us to pick them up.

Thanks again!

Cicero, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My Wife and I have stayed at this particular hotel on several occasions in the past for a romantic overnight stay with good results. I would preface this by saying that I rarely, if ever complain. On this particular evening, we arrived at the hotel to a very friendly staff at the front desk, checked in without issue and proceeded to our room. The room was nice, and clean with no visible issues. We proceeded to the Manager reception where we relaxed over a few drinks and good conversation/atmosphere. At this point we proceeded to our resturaunt of choice for dinner. After dinner we again enjoyed the ambiance and atmosphere of the water features over a glass of wine. Upon retiring to our room we fell fast asleep, only to be awakened by a mechanical "whirring" sound followed by a loud "double pound". This repeated itself over and over all night long. Needless to say my Wife and I were barely able to muster a few hours of sleep. The next morning at checkout I expressed my concerns in a most diplomatic way and not one time raised my voice or became irate. The woman at the desk ( I did not get a name, but she appeared to be pregnant) only said, "well since you pre-paid there is nothing i can do." She never offered up any form of compensation and not even an apology. She ended the conversation by saying "I hope you come again, and we will be sure to give you a different room". I have stayed at various hotel chains throughout the country on both business and personal travel and have never been treated this way. Recently I stayed at a Hampton Inn in the Mechanicsburg PA area in which smoking rooms are still offered, being a non smoker I reserved a non-smoking room. Upon my arrival they gave me a smoking room, when I alerted them of their error, they attempted to move me into a non-smoking room but unfortunately didn't have any additional available. They immediately and unprompted from me removed the room charge from my bill; this is exceptional service and your hotel could take some advice from Hampton on how to treat your customers. I am extremely dissatisfied the way we were treated at checkout, it is unfortunate because we enjoyed our winter romantic getaways at your hotel; needless to say we will be looking for an alternative place in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JeffW-

I was very disappointed to hear about the issues you encountered during your stay with us. Obviously this loud noise that kept you awake should not have happened. We did have a belt on one of our fans that broke and has been replaced that I believe was the cause of this noise you experienced. The lack of concern from the Front Desk is even more upsetting and I will definitely ensure this is addressed. I have sent you a private message and look forward to your reply so I can ensure we get this resolved to your satisfaction.

Thank you and I look foward to speaking with you soon.

Randy Player

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Syracuse? Share your experiences!