I stayed at this Embassy Suites for two nights on a business trip in March.
The hotel is located within a mile of the Thruway exit. Be sure to use "Old Collamer" Road on your GPS device, as there is also a "Collamer" Road which will take you a couple miles out of your way (speaking from the voice of experience).
The check in staff were lovely. I will admit that I am a bear lover, so I absolutely fell in love with the hotel mascot "Jessie" the bear. They even have the cutest bear carpeting in the atrium.
My room had a king bed which was super comfortable. The room was spotlessly clean. As always, I enjoy having the fridge in the room for drinks.
I used the fitness center both days. There were 2 ellipticals and several treadmills, along with free weights and a variety of balls and mats. There were plenty of towels, water, cups and sanitizing wipes available. The center is open 24/7, which is terrific. I also had a chance to use the pool both mornings. It is big enough to do leisurely laps, and then there was a jacuzzi for relaxing. The pool area was super clean with lots of towels and chairs.
I had dinner in the hotel restaurant the first night. The French onion soup was fabulous. The London broil special was a little bit dry. There are several restaurants within walking distance to the hotel. I ate at Ruby Tuesdays the second night, where I had a very good turkey burger.
The breakfast area was very nice and I got a cooked to order omlette both days. There was also a good selection of fruits, pastries, breads and cereals.
Here is why the hotel staff stands out for me: after breakfast the first day, I set out for a long day on the road meeting with clients. It wasn't until I got back to the hotel that I realized I had lost one of my hoop earrings. I figured I'd lost it on the road and it was long gone. On a whim, I stopped by the front desk, and showed them the remaining earring and asked if anyone had turned in its mate. One of the ladies immediately jumped out of her seat, ran to the back, and returned with my earring! I must have lost it at breakfast, and someone had turned it in. I started crying I was so happy that they had found it. The earrings were a gift from my husband just this past Christmas. Thank you again to the wonderful staff!!
I will definitely stay at this hotel if I'm every back in Syracuse for business or leisure.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Syracuse
- Embassy Suites East Syracuse
- East Syracuse Embassy Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All suite property featuring spacious two-room suites, complimentary full cooked-to-order breakfast and complimentary beverages and snacks at our complimentary evening reception. The hotel is conveniently located off the New York State Thruway (i-90) at Exit 35 and Carrier Circle, just minutes from Downtown Syracuse, Hancock International Airport, Syracuse University, LeMoyne College and Destiny USA. Many outdoor recreational activities are available including Onondaga State Park, beaches and public golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel Syracuse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.