“Spend the extra Money!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 15 hotels in East Syracuse
Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
“Spend the extra Money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I rarely get to stay at Embassy Suites in my travels, however when I do I always look forward to it. This hotel is located just off of the I-90 corridor and is very easy to get to. The hotel is located next to several other hotels, but spend the extra money and stay here. You know you're going to have a nice room and great food. The rooms were very nice( few stains on the carpet and wallpaper peeling in some places.) The breakfast bar was awesome as always, and check in and out was very fast. The staff that I encountered were nice, however I have definitely seen better. My only issue with my stay was I couldn't get my room to cool down, because the heater wouldn't stop running. So I slept with my window open in single degree temps. So would I come back? Sure I always enjoy the Suites, but customer service skills need improved.

• Stayed February 2013
Matthew S, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thanks for the positive review! As you point out, we are rarely the 'cheapest' option in a market - Embassy Suites always delivers a value that is difficult, if not impossible to match! The concerns you mentioned with our suite have been addressed as of April 2013 with a complete suite refresh. Additionally, our customer service scores have been steadily rising!
When you schedule your next visit to town, please reach out to me to set up your stay! I think you will enjoy your return!
Regards,
Matt

471 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Inverary On
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Our room was clean and spacious. The hotel is currently undergoing a renovation. Our room had not been renovated but was clean. The manager's reception and cook to order breakfast was excellent. I do agree with other reviews regarding the room heat. I turned off the heat and opened the bedroom window. The atrium was beautiful. If you you go ask for a renovated room. Room service was excellent. Bar was good. Enjoyed a nice conversation with bartender..
reasonably priced.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephen C, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear JulieCInveraryOn (Inverary On): thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at Embassy Suites Syracuse.
We are refreshing all the rooms and will soon be completed.

Hope you have the chance to come back and stay with us again.

Thank you.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I recently spent 4 nights at the Embassy Suites. Let me say what was good - The managers reception and breakfast. Here is what I think they need work on. The light snacks at the reception were just chips tossed in a bowl, cheese cubes and crackers. My room the first night was to hot to sleep comfortably even with turning down the heat to 62. Then the next two days the room was 62 degrees and it could not warm up at all. I called the front desk and they did offer me an additional blanket but would not move my room. Then the pipe burst on my last night. The wet bar sink all of a sudden decided to start leaking. I called the front desk and I was told they would TRY to get someone up to the room. What? Try to get there, I am a guest in the property and not a plumber, I should not have to spend 30 minutes of my night bailing out the water so the water would not ruin that room and the rooms below it. The last night they decided to move me to a room a
That had some heat , but I had to pack up and move myself. Why didn't they move me on night two of my 5 night stay. Maybe I should have complained more, but the Embassy Suites is in the Hospitality field and they should have done more to ensure a guests comfort.
E

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chezza C, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
I sincerely apologize about the issues that you encountered during your stay with us. The issues were addressed to the appropriate departments and I ensure that it will not happen again. Thank you for your time and feedback.
Hagaman, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel although it was a little pricey for the location. The rooms were very neat and spacious. The managers reception was a nice added bonus but I feel I actually paid with the price of the hotel. The continental breakfast was very well organized with a great selection of food choices. Overall I still rate this a 5. I would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the 5 star review Shannon! As you point out, The Embassy is often one of the higher priced hotel options, but with our signature complimentary evening reception, complimentary cooked to order breakfast with fresh omelets, and spacious 2 room suites - a better value just cannot be found!
Until next time!
Matt
Scotia, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

What a dissapointment. We have stayed in Embassy all over this country, and this was so dissapointing. The hotel is dark, the rooms are in need of an overhaul. While the bedding and bath were very clean, the carpeting is worn and stained, and wall covering is coming off.
The only saving grace, were a few truly good employees, who tried to make our stay better.
Accolades to Fran, Scott, Matt and Kim in Food Service, Gina in the restaurant, and John who got our heat going in our room. Was told rooms are going to be refurbished. I hope so......

Room Tip: Ask for the 5th floor. We were told that those rooms have already been redone.....
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the feedback. I sincerely apologize about the condition of our suites during your stay. We completed a full refresh last April and I would like to invite you back and give us another chance. I am thrilled that our staff had the opportunity to "WOW" you at breakfast. I appreciate your time and I hope you give is a try again.
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed here overnight between a wake and a funeral we were attending. Check-in was great. Lobby is lovely and extensive. Room had a strange odor - but we did not report it. Also, the room was extremely hot. We eventually turned the system off as turning it down was not resulting in any cooling. Still stayed quite warm. Carpets need to be replaced - clean but stained. Breakfast looked amazing,but we did not have tine to enjoy it - I noticed fresh fruit, yogurt,a variety of cereals, bagels, English Muffins, Toast, Dansih pastries, and made-to-order eggs, bacon, sausage and breakfast potatoes - Yum-o. Wish we had had the time. Oh! and if you are not familiar with Carrier Circle, it is a bit confusing to find - even withe the Garmin!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry that your visit here was during a sad time in your family. Despite of the difficult time I am glad you got to enjoy some of the amenities we had to offer. Our hotel completed a full refresh last April and I guarantee that you will enjoy our hotel even more. Thank you for your time.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I've always liked Embassy Suites due to the large rooms, amenities, evening manager's reception, and cooked to order breakfast. This particular facility has a great staff but the furnishings are worn out and in need of renovation. Other than that factor I would rate this facility as a 5.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate the positive feedback regarding our staff. Our hotel just completed a full refresh last April. I would love to have you come give us a try again. I guarantee that you will enjoy our facilities even more this time.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Syracuse? Share your experiences!