“Great staff at the front desk” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6646 Old Collamer Road South, East Syracuse, NY 13057   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in East Syracuse
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great staff at the front desk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I do walk ups at Hilton properties across the country. Chesa and Laura greeted me with a friendly welcome, were very personable, and provided me with everything I needed to know.

Rooms could use some updating and minor touch up, but I would return. Close proximity to major highways and there are a few restaurants near the property should you choose to explore.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Bishthefish, thanks for your positive comments regarding your stay at Embassy Suites Syracuse. We are glad you liked our location and that our staff--Chesa and Laura--were so accomodating and welcoming.

Glad you would return to us again. We look forward to it.

Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Three friends and I stayed here for 2 nights during a concert outing/shopping trip. I admit to being surprised by the level of service we received. The manager helped us carry our bags to our (adjoining - a real plus) suites The front desk was able to set up ups with a shuttle to the concert downtown, saving us a $31 cab ride. The serving staff was very friendly, during the daily "manager reception" (free happy hour) and the breakfast, which included made to order omelettes. There was an issue with one of our laptops, and the manager responded right away, and resolved the issue very satisfactorily. An added perk is the on-site restaurant. All 4 of us had a very reasonably priced and surprisingly delicious meal on the Friday night, I will definitely book here for future trips to Syracuse.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the front desk - away from the happy hour/breakfast location. It can be noisy...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dear Clare G., thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to share your experiences at Embassy Suites Syracuse. We are so glad we were a pleasant surprise. We pride ourselves on great customer service and appreciate we were able to serve you so well.

We look forward to seeing you back with us again.

Thank you.
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Walking into this hotel definitely has the wow factor. The atrium is beautiful and well kept. The rooms have a big window that you can open the curtain to see the nice view, which is nice because the view out the other window is of the highway. I found it rather noisey in the morning, but it didn't bother my husband as he refers to it as white noise. Our room was nice. Bathroom was updated in granite. Living room was not updated. Older couch and chair, wall paper peeling etc. The bed was super comply. There is no closet, but instead an armoire. The room was absolutely freezing and we could not get it to warm up at all! The included breakfast was good. Great omelettes. Could have been more fruit. Got the romance package for $10 more. It included a bottle of sparkling wine and 2 hershy chocolate bars.

• Stayed November 2012
Evans Mills, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The experience started out great. With five in the family for a birhday weekend we checked in at 330pm and our room wasn't ready. Staff offered to adjoining king suites for same price as original room without hesitation. I thought that was great service. The rooms were large, nicely furnished but the finishes are worn. Peeling wallpaper, scuffs on walls, stained carpeting. But clean. Problem started when we realized the heat didn't work in one room. We told the front desk and requested more linen for the pullout couch. Neither were addressed. I wished I could have spoked to the first front desk clerk we had. She was great. We spent the night chilly in one room and superhot in the other because we had to jack up the heat to keep the other room warm. The pool had a sign on it that it was closed but there were people swimming in it. The kids were disappointed. Breakfast the next morning was very good. Much better than most free hotel breakfast. Staff were friendly and helpful at breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Huntington, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had a conference at this hotel. The conference coordinator was in charge of making all room reservations, and she emailed me a message that she reserved a room. After traveling for 7 hours I get to the hotel, and give them my name. The front desk lady told me I wasn't on the list! I told her I was a vendor and showed her the email confirming my stay. She told me "sorry, sold out, not room for me" she didn't have the phone # of the coordinator, and told me I would have to "wait" until she came so that she could confirm my room. She didn't even offer to get me a room at another hotel! I was on my own and had to find a place to stay. The next day the sales dept. found out about this mishap and were extremely apologetic. They got me a room, and brought a bottle of wine and chocolate as a gift. If it wasn't for this sales manager, I would have complained to corp. and would never have stayed at a Hilton again. Great breakfast included with room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I recently returned to this hotel, and found it much improved.

Pros: Suites appear to have been renovated. Attactive furniture, carpeting and window treatments have repaced the threadbare items found last time. Breakfast omelette was excellent, the cook seemed to take pride in his work. I also enjoyed dining in the restaurant, with good food and the excellent Derek as server. Bed was very comfortable. Suite had two big screen televisions. Loved the indoor coy pond. Some of the fish are huge!

Cons: Location on a major highway.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel two weeks ago for a business trip and enjoyed my stay. The morning breakfast and evening reception were both superb and the hotel restaurant had great food! My only issue would be the proximity to the interstate, as my room (402) overlooked the highway and it was very hard to sleep with all of the traffic noise. I also didn't like the fact that the hotel wasn't located within walking distance to local restaurants/stores but that is certainly not the fault of Embassy Suites. Overall, great stay and I would definitely return!

Room Tip: Do not stay on the side facing the interstate if you are a light sleeper:)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kerust
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear kerust, thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Embassy Suites Syracuse. Glad you enjoyed the cooked to order breakfast and the evening reception and our Stillwater's restaurant.

Also nice to hear you would return to us. We know you have a lot of other hotels to choose from. Thanks for coming back to Embassy Suites Syracuse.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Syracuse
#4 of 17 in East Syracuse
4.5 of 5 stars 500 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
SpringHill Suites Syracuse Carrier Circle

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse? Share your experiences!