“Beautiful atrium.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in East Syracuse
Ontario
“Beautiful atrium.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Walking into this hotel definitely has the wow factor. The atrium is beautiful and well kept. The rooms have a big window that you can open the curtain to see the nice view, which is nice because the view out the other window is of the highway. I found it rather noisey in the morning, but it didn't bother my husband as he refers to it as white noise. Our room was nice. Bathroom was updated in granite. Living room was not updated. Older couch and chair, wall paper peeling etc. The bed was super comply. There is no closet, but instead an armoire. The room was absolutely freezing and we could not get it to warm up at all! The included breakfast was good. Great omelettes. Could have been more fruit. Got the romance package for $10 more. It included a bottle of sparkling wine and 2 hershy chocolate bars.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Evans Mills, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The experience started out great. With five in the family for a birhday weekend we checked in at 330pm and our room wasn't ready. Staff offered to adjoining king suites for same price as original room without hesitation. I thought that was great service. The rooms were large, nicely furnished but the finishes are worn. Peeling wallpaper, scuffs on walls, stained carpeting. But clean. Problem started when we realized the heat didn't work in one room. We told the front desk and requested more linen for the pullout couch. Neither were addressed. I wished I could have spoked to the first front desk clerk we had. She was great. We spent the night chilly in one room and superhot in the other because we had to jack up the heat to keep the other room warm. The pool had a sign on it that it was closed but there were people swimming in it. The kids were disappointed. Breakfast the next morning was very good. Much better than most free hotel breakfast. Staff were friendly and helpful at breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Huntington, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had a conference at this hotel. The conference coordinator was in charge of making all room reservations, and she emailed me a message that she reserved a room. After traveling for 7 hours I get to the hotel, and give them my name. The front desk lady told me I wasn't on the list! I told her I was a vendor and showed her the email confirming my stay. She told me "sorry, sold out, not room for me" she didn't have the phone # of the coordinator, and told me I would have to "wait" until she came so that she could confirm my room. She didn't even offer to get me a room at another hotel! I was on my own and had to find a place to stay. The next day the sales dept. found out about this mishap and were extremely apologetic. They got me a room, and brought a bottle of wine and chocolate as a gift. If it wasn't for this sales manager, I would have complained to corp. and would never have stayed at a Hilton again. Great breakfast included with room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I recently returned to this hotel, and found it much improved.

Pros: Suites appear to have been renovated. Attactive furniture, carpeting and window treatments have repaced the threadbare items found last time. Breakfast omelette was excellent, the cook seemed to take pride in his work. I also enjoyed dining in the restaurant, with good food and the excellent Derek as server. Bed was very comfortable. Suite had two big screen televisions. Loved the indoor coy pond. Some of the fish are huge!

Cons: Location on a major highway.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel two weeks ago for a business trip and enjoyed my stay. The morning breakfast and evening reception were both superb and the hotel restaurant had great food! My only issue would be the proximity to the interstate, as my room (402) overlooked the highway and it was very hard to sleep with all of the traffic noise. I also didn't like the fact that the hotel wasn't located within walking distance to local restaurants/stores but that is certainly not the fault of Embassy Suites. Overall, great stay and I would definitely return!

Room Tip: Do not stay on the side facing the interstate if you are a light sleeper:)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear kerust, thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Embassy Suites Syracuse. Glad you enjoyed the cooked to order breakfast and the evening reception and our Stillwater's restaurant.

Also nice to hear you would return to us. We know you have a lot of other hotels to choose from. Thanks for coming back to Embassy Suites Syracuse.
Bath, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I travel quite a bit for work and when I am in Albany I stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Staying at the Embassy Suites showed me what I have been missing! An Atrium, restaurant, food prepared for you at the complimentary breakfast and most of all, the rooms with frig, microwave, sitting area and huge TVs, and the bed was very comfortable. The only complaint I have and it's being picky, is that the wine at the free cocktail hour was horrible--Dominion? I'd rather pay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Place looked good inside at the atrium... Rooms are very big with a living room and seperate bedroom, both with large screen tv. Would need some touch up on walls. Nice pool and hottub. Breakfast is good and served in the atrium. Bar is nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear la_Mule, thank you for ataking the time to write about your recent stay at Embassy Suites Syracuse. We appreciate you liked our rooms with the seperate bedroom and enjoyed our free cooked to order breakfast.

We hope to see you back with us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Syracuse
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse
SpringHill Suites Syracuse Carrier Circle
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Courtyard by Marriott Syracuse Carrier Circle

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse? Share your experiences!