“Get the right room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in East Syracuse
Boston
“Get the right room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Spent one night here this week. Staff was real nice and very professional, parking fine and location good. Property was in general kept up well, but showing a little of it's 25 year age. We love the true suite (two room) set up. Flat panel tv's etc. Breakfast was made to order, but quality of food was medium at best.
Find it odd the room had nice flat screen tv's and updated furniture, but wall paper peeling and drunk painter seems to be a bad finish. Not real bad, but it would have been so simple to make the job look good.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the rooms on the North side. They are right next to I90 and that is all you will h...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I recently had my daughter’s wedding at the Embassy Suites and I would like to make some comments if I may.
Kathleen Campbell and the hotel couldn’t have been better. Everything was better than I had hoped it would be. The entire time we were there, my family and guests were treated great.
Your hotel is the perfect place to hold a wedding and I would do it again there in a heartbeat. The Atrium is a great setting for the ceremony and pictures. I loved the fact that we didn’t have to leave to go to the reception, just to the other room. Your staff was great as far as serving and cleaning up after. It was awesome to hear that my daughter was given a person to get and carry her food so as to not mess up her dress. My daughter wanted her dog in the wedding and you allowed it. That was very nice of you and she really appreciated it.
Kathleen was AWSOME to work with. She took care of everything and any glitches that popped up. We had a couple of little things that were a problem (nobody’s fault) and kathleen took care of them and made it as though nothing happened. That day couldn’t have been better and it is in part because of Kathleen and the great job she did. Working with her was like working with a friend and it made that stressful time a ton easier. Your hotel was great, but to me she was the face of the hotel, and you should be grateful to have her as such.
Again, the hotel your staff and especially Kathleen made my daughter’s day one we won’t forget. Thank you and maybe we will see you again when my son gets married.
Jerry & Rene Goodfellow

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
JWGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Dear Jerry G.,
Thank you so much for recognizing one of our team members. Kathleen is a great part of a caring team and it is wonderful that someone takes the time to let her know. We are greatful to you for having your event here and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
We will be sure to share your feedback with the entire team and give Kathleen the accolades she so deserves.
Thank you, again.

Dexter, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

Stayed for two nights the weekend of 3/2. The hotel hosted at least one school aged hockey team and their parents. The children filled the pool area with little supervision and made it not only unusable but dangerous. Diving, jumping and splashing in both the pool and hottub. there were towel fights on the pool deck and when I was able to get a manager to the pool to get things in order, the chaos resumed the minute he left. There should have been an employee posted in the area to ensure that kids were supervised and that the rules were adhered to. When the group was not in the pool they were jumping through the planters in the atrium and running through the paths making the area unusable as well. The manager on duty asked for my room number so he "could take care of it with me". I was never contacted. The lack of followthrough is perhaps the most disappointing part of it.

I have attempted to book rooms in other hotels and have been warned in advance if there were groups already booked that may pose an inconvenience to other guests. We should have been warned. During our stays in the past, thngs seemed much more under control. This was a huge disappointment to me and my family.

Room Tip: Ask if there are sports team in the hotel, and if they will be expected to follow the rules.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
JWGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Dear Tim R.,
We have been making improvements in our communication to guests, adherence to courtesy policies and responsiveness largely due to feedback just like yours. I am also disappointed that a member of our team did not contact you as they committed. The diving and unruly behavior at the pool is definitely a focus of ours when we have alot of families in town.
We, as a team, will take all of your feedback and utilize it to further improve our service at the hotel. Thank you for sharing. I hope we get the opportunity to meet the next time you visit.

(315) 446-3200 X2110
john.whippen@hilton.com
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

This hotel is great! We had a wonderful experience while there on business with colleagues. The breakfast and social hour are a real plus!
We would like to acknowledge Tom - whose role is host, I think, for being so personable and helpful. Also Rosemary, from housekeeping, was most gracious and helpful. Then there is Debbie, one of our waitresses for our planned dinners, who always has a smile and ensures that the meal is exactly the way you want (I remembered her from last year as well).
When choosing a hotel in Syracuse, I would certainly recommend this one.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mary D.,
We are so glad you had a great stay with us and showed your appreciation for Tom. He is a great team member and we will definitely share this recognition with him.
We are a newer team and focused on many improvments to our service to the guests and it is great to see some of our efforts recognized. I look forward to your next visit so we can show you how much more we can do.
Thank you, again, for the glowing review. See you next time!!

(315) 466-3200 X2110
Orange County, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

The hotel was really nice....beautiful lobby with lots of trees..makes you feel like you are outside. Rooms are nice, large, clean and beds are very comfy. The breakfast was great....made to order and plenty of good buffet items and the breakfast staff was very nice! The afternoon mgrs reception was also great...open bar and pretzels/chips included in the price of the room! Only two problems: Our room was located on the 2nd floor directly over the meeting/party rooms. One night there was a wedding being held and the noise from the DJ was horrible...very loud music and constant booming noises from the amps......impossible to sleep or even think for that matter!! Make sure you do NOT get a room in this location. The 2nd issue we had was that there were no garbage receptacles anywhere but in the rooms. Sounds strange but when we asked the front desk staff they seemed to not be happy about it either and said that it is "corporate policy" to have no receptacles....strange??? Front desk staff were cordial.....not warm and friendly but ok...Considering everything....a very good stay...will definitely go back there if I am in town again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Massena, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

When we arrived, we were told they were busy the night before and our room wasn't ready. She called around and told us that we would have to wait. I wasn't happy because I had planned to drop off my things before we went to the mall. Luckily, at last minute, someone called and said a room was ready, but there were no towels. I am never happy when a hotel uses the excuse that they were busy the night before. Customers shouldn't have to suffer because a hotel was busy the night before. Customers are being charged for a room that they can only use for about 20 hours and they shouldn't get less time in that room. They brought some towels later, but not enough. I called before bedtime to see if we were getting more. They said they would bring more shortly, but never did. I had to call again in the morning. I did like the layout of the room. The bedroom had a door and the livingroom was spacious with a pull out bed. The walls were VERY thin. We could hear the people in the room next door for about an hour while we were trying to fall asleep. There were a lot of kids there since it was a vacation week. At night there is a manager's reception with free drinks. We had a pleasant evening. The snacks were fritos and pretzels. They have a nice open atrium in the center of the hotel. In the morning, the breakfast area was very busy and crowded and they were out of forks. We decided to order lunch at the hotel restaurant. We waited outside until they opened the door. We were the only people there. I ordered a salad with chicken and my daughter ordered a wrap. The man said it would be a short time. We decided to wait out in the atrium. It took 45 minutes! He came out and apologized later and said they were working at filling an order that needed to be delivered within the hotel. The man had given me the wrong change and during my wait, I realized what had happened. Luckily, he gave me my correct change when I inquired. I was worried because I don't think they use a cash register. He took the money from his wallet. I was very disappointed to find out that the hot tub was not working the time we were there. The workout room had nice equipment and towels were plentiful there. I was also disappointed when the cleaning staff did not refill our shampoos and soaps. The internet was VERY slow. I gave up trying to load anything. Parking was plentiful. Overall, I would probably not have this place as my first choice.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
JWGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Dear Suzykaboozie,
You bring to our attention some very important customer service improvement feedback. Thank you for giving us this information. We are in the process of a bandwidth improvement project to address the internet speed.
We will be sharing your specific mention about the "We were busy last night" comment with our team to better prepare us to be ready for our guests. You are absolutely right that you are a paying guest and we should have the room ready by the time we committ to. Further, we will be training our team better as it relates to making correct change the first time and not to take money from their pocket to correct it and to use our cash register.
I hope you will consider giving us the opprotunity to become your first choice again when staying in our area.
I would like the opportunity to correspond further if you would allow. Please feel free to contact me here at the hotel using the number listed below.

Again, thank you for the feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.

By the way, the hot tub issue is corrected and working.

(315) 446-3200 x2110
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Bathroom dirty, clearly had dirty towels. Not enough staff so service was poor. I am a Hilton honors member but I cannot find a decent Hilton property in Syracuse. I will stay at another brand nex time

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
JWGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear Joyce K,
I want to thank you for sharing your experience with us so we can improve. We definitely do not want you to leave our brand based on this experience. I would welcome an oppotunity to correspond with you to propose a resolution.
I can be reached at the number listed below. We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations and want the chance to win you back.
I am available, at your convenience, to discuss your recent stay. It is my hope that you will contact me.
Thank you, again for this opprotunity.

(315) 446-3200 X2110

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Syracuse? Share your experiences!