“Great hotel, great stay...just a few problems!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Destiny USA Shopping
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in East Syracuse
Orange County, NY
“Great hotel, great stay...just a few problems!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

The hotel was really nice....beautiful lobby with lots of trees..makes you feel like you are outside. Rooms are nice, large, clean and beds are very comfy. The breakfast was great....made to order and plenty of good buffet items and the breakfast staff was very nice! The afternoon mgrs reception was also great...open bar and pretzels/chips included in the price of the room! Only two problems: Our room was located on the 2nd floor directly over the meeting/party rooms. One night there was a wedding being held and the noise from the DJ was horrible...very loud music and constant booming noises from the amps......impossible to sleep or even think for that matter!! Make sure you do NOT get a room in this location. The 2nd issue we had was that there were no garbage receptacles anywhere but in the rooms. Sounds strange but when we asked the front desk staff they seemed to not be happy about it either and said that it is "corporate policy" to have no receptacles....strange??? Front desk staff were cordial.....not warm and friendly but ok...Considering everything....a very good stay...will definitely go back there if I am in town again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Massena, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

When we arrived, we were told they were busy the night before and our room wasn't ready. She called around and told us that we would have to wait. I wasn't happy because I had planned to drop off my things before we went to the mall. Luckily, at last minute, someone called and said a room was ready, but there were no towels. I am never happy when a hotel uses the excuse that they were busy the night before. Customers shouldn't have to suffer because a hotel was busy the night before. Customers are being charged for a room that they can only use for about 20 hours and they shouldn't get less time in that room. They brought some towels later, but not enough. I called before bedtime to see if we were getting more. They said they would bring more shortly, but never did. I had to call again in the morning. I did like the layout of the room. The bedroom had a door and the livingroom was spacious with a pull out bed. The walls were VERY thin. We could hear the people in the room next door for about an hour while we were trying to fall asleep. There were a lot of kids there since it was a vacation week. At night there is a manager's reception with free drinks. We had a pleasant evening. The snacks were fritos and pretzels. They have a nice open atrium in the center of the hotel. In the morning, the breakfast area was very busy and crowded and they were out of forks. We decided to order lunch at the hotel restaurant. We waited outside until they opened the door. We were the only people there. I ordered a salad with chicken and my daughter ordered a wrap. The man said it would be a short time. We decided to wait out in the atrium. It took 45 minutes! He came out and apologized later and said they were working at filling an order that needed to be delivered within the hotel. The man had given me the wrong change and during my wait, I realized what had happened. Luckily, he gave me my correct change when I inquired. I was worried because I don't think they use a cash register. He took the money from his wallet. I was very disappointed to find out that the hot tub was not working the time we were there. The workout room had nice equipment and towels were plentiful there. I was also disappointed when the cleaning staff did not refill our shampoos and soaps. The internet was VERY slow. I gave up trying to load anything. Parking was plentiful. Overall, I would probably not have this place as my first choice.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
JWGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Dear Suzykaboozie,
You bring to our attention some very important customer service improvement feedback. Thank you for giving us this information. We are in the process of a bandwidth improvement project to address the internet speed.
We will be sharing your specific mention about the "We were busy last night" comment with our team to better prepare us to be ready for our guests. You are absolutely right that you are a paying guest and we should have the room ready by the time we committ to. Further, we will be training our team better as it relates to making correct change the first time and not to take money from their pocket to correct it and to use our cash register.
I hope you will consider giving us the opprotunity to become your first choice again when staying in our area.
I would like the opportunity to correspond further if you would allow. Please feel free to contact me here at the hotel using the number listed below.

Again, thank you for the feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.

By the way, the hot tub issue is corrected and working.

(315) 446-3200 x2110
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Bathroom dirty, clearly had dirty towels. Not enough staff so service was poor. I am a Hilton honors member but I cannot find a decent Hilton property in Syracuse. I will stay at another brand nex time

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
JWGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear Joyce K,
I want to thank you for sharing your experience with us so we can improve. We definitely do not want you to leave our brand based on this experience. I would welcome an oppotunity to correspond with you to propose a resolution.
I can be reached at the number listed below. We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations and want the chance to win you back.
I am available, at your convenience, to discuss your recent stay. It is my hope that you will contact me.
Thank you, again for this opprotunity.

(315) 446-3200 X2110
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Rooms are clean and spacious. Two hdtvs in both rooms come with hdmi & other inputs. The internet is soooo slow as to be almost useless. They offer a great managers special & a great breakfast. Get there early to get a seat. The flaw...kids. I love kids but not running around the hotel all night long. We stayed here, my family & I, several times over the past few years. The kids running around the hotel has gotten out of control. It's a shame because it is a very nice family oriented hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences during your recent stay at Embassy Suites Syracuse. We pride ourselves in Customer Service and appreciate when its pointed out what we have done well and where we can improve. The internet is so important today that its vitat that speed is what you expect. Please know we are working on that issue and appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

Thank You.
bloomfield, nj
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I am writing this review while still sitting in the hotel room. We have stayed at many Embassy Suites over the years and this would rank as the worst. Our family of four arrived at the hotel at 4:30pm on Monday, February 20, 2012. Our requested 2 double bed room was not yet ready. We were told that it would be at least an hour before housekeeping can have one ready. Are you kidding? It's 4:30 in the afternoon! After driving almost 5 hours we decided to take a king room. By the way, the front desk clerk, Kait, was very nice and offered us free internet and 10% off in the restaurant.

The room was your typical Embassy Suites 2-room suite. We had forgotten our shampoo and quickly noticed that there was none in the room. We attempted to call housekeeping several times since we also only had two towels for four people. There was no answer. On our way out to dinner, Kait, was still at the front desk so I mentioned to her that I couldn't get in touch with housekeeping. The other clerk, Laura, rudely interrupts us and says, "If you read any of the material in the room, you would know to contact the front desk." Kait was more than helpful and informed us that they were out of shampoo. She told us to help ourselves to a bottle from the convienence store.

Since my daughter wasn't feeling well, we let her sleep with my wife on the king size bed. I laid on the sofa bed with my son. We actually got up to see if there was a mattress on this bed or only a sheet on the coils. Neither of us could sleep. I ended up sleeping on a chair with my legs on the bed. Sofa beds are usually uncomfortable, but this was ridiculous.

We went down for breakfast around 9am. They were out of plates. After several minutes another guest was able to track someone down to request the plates. The guy comes out with a pile of plates and after the first three or four, the rest were dirty. They looked as if they were only splashed with water. You can see eggs and syrup still stuck on them. Now its time to find a table. Forget about it unless you were willing to clean your own. We found one in the Bar area. Omelets took about 15 minutes.

Remember the free internet we were offered. Well, we were charged on out bill. I haven't been to the front desk yet but I will be asking for it to be removed.

One other thing. There are only two elevators for a five story hotel. One was usually not working. Give yourself time if you don't want to take the stairs.

If my son ends up going to Syracuse University, we will be definitely be looking for a different hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experiences during your recent stay at Embassy Suites Syracuse. We apologize for the challenges that presented themselves during your stay and hope you will give us another chance in the future. We strive for consistent positive customer service and sometimes, regrettably, miss the mark. So many other guests have had positive experiences we regret this stay was not one for you and your family.

We hope to see you and your family again in the future
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stopped at our old favorite - en route to Toronto.
1st room was located above the entrance - & smoke smell very evident from people smoking outside. They gave us another room & much better. The couches & furnite in the 1st room was very tired & old. 2nd room a little better. Spacious room & TV area, Wish all hotels were as comfortable. Loved the heated bathroom floor. Manager's free drinks at 5 to 7 - and complimentary breakfast - including custom omelettes. Worth the visit.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing away from the highway
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
JWGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Dear HalBoston,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your objective feedback and are making every effort to communicate that smoking areas are designated as such for the reason you related.
We are in constant pursuit of product refreshment and improvement. As with prior years, we continue to update our product and have many exciting updates planned for our future.
We look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future and appreciate your loyalty. Please feel free to contact me the next time you visit as I would welcome the opprotunity to meet you.

Thank you.

Siincerely,
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

My reservation had an error when I arrived. They had checked someone else in with my reservation number.
Internet access was messed up. their "help" desk didn't know what to do...they suggested I leave a comment ONLINE!
Ate in the hotel restaruant once. the only thing that was worse than the food was the service. It took almost an hour to get a burnt hamburger. Waitress disappeared for extended periods even though there were barely a dozen people in the place.
Avoid this place at all costs. I will sleep in my rental car before I stay here again.
Rooms are mediocre. older hotel with wall paper pealing.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Clyde J,
Please accept our sincerest apologies for your recent experience with us. Our goal is exceptional service and we did not meet that. We take your feedback very serously. We will immediately address your responses with action to improve.
I would welcome an opportunity to speak directly with you and come up with a resolution that will give us chance to win you back. I can be reached at (315) 703-9101 or you can email me at john.whippen@hilton.com.
We have a dedicated, caring team that wants to make it right and be the best in our brand. With your help and feedback, we will do just that.
I look forward to hearing from you.

John Whippen

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Syracuse? Share your experiences!