We visited Kurumba in 2009 and had been promising to return ever since. In Feb 2012 we were booked for 8 days in a Pool Villa and right from the start the "Kurumba Magic" was there. We were met at the airport exit door and escorted 150 metres to one of the resorts majestic air-conditioned speed boats for the 15 minute trip.
At the jetty on the resort the luggage was whisked away and we were given a ride on a golf buggy by "Vinny" to the pool villa (room 184). We had spent many hours sifting through the online pics but walking around the accommodation was impressive. The pinnacle though has to be the private walled enclosure. You walk out into the garden with its day bed, sun deck and outside shower (Sally's favourite). The wonderful swimming pool with its Jacuzzi and waterfall put the icing on the cake. The room boy "Liushan" kept all the accommodation spic and span during our visit.
We had booked the "Dine around all inclusive " (DAAI) package which meant we could eat in any of the 8 fabulous restaurants, our favourite being the "Ocean Grill". One of the great twists of the Pool Villa accommodation is that you get a champagne breakfast! Our first breakfast was made even better when we walked to the Ocean Grill and "Ali" greeted us, we had had many animated conversations with him on our last visit. It’s strange how you can get used to 3 glasses of champagne for breakfast! With the way the resort runs the various restaurants you really can eat whenever you want so any of the organised activities or your own schedule need not get in the way of food or drink.
The main bar is always a pleasure to visit with professional courteous staff who will never be far away as your glass gets empty. We liked to sit at the bar and watch "Anil" in particular mix all those wonderful cocktails and drinks. "Hillary" runs a tight ship with so much going on all at once; even so we would manage to pass the time of day with "Lalith" one of the staff.
New to us was the sand bar on the Western beach of the island the view at sunset was made all the more romantic by the great cocktails!
The Snorkelling is first class on the house reef and in the almost enclosed lagoon. So much to see that it’s worth buying a camera which can be used underwater.
We met "Jason" the resort manager on our first day and his work so far reflects his enthusiasm and vision for the resort. I'm sure it’s difficult to improve on paradise but that seems to be his goal.
All in all a fantastic holiday - - - would we go again? Already booked!!
Regards Mike & Sally
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurumba is Maldives' very first resort. Located just 10-minutes from the airport with boat transfers available 24 hours a day. Explore our vibrant house reef. Relaxing on the white sandy beach. Swimming in our protected crystal clear lagoon. Treat yourself to an exquisite Maldivian spa treatment. Be energized with the daily scheduled activities, watersports, excursions or scuba diving. Be inspired by the Maldives culture, local food, art and dance. Nine styles of accommodation are spread amongst the island's lush tropical gardens. Eight restaurants, three bars, Maldives best nightly entertainment scene, Kurumba is a perfect holiday destination. Kurumba is the Maldives in Full Colour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Kurumba Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kurumba Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Maldives North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Hotel