“A terrific find” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chachama Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 101
Description: Coming Soon!
New York City, New York
“A terrific find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Who would ever think that such fine food, atmosphere and service could be found in East Patchogue. When we want something special and are willing to take a ride from Nassau County we go here. Food is superb service is exceptional and ambiance is very nice. We had venison, veal chop, and fish dishes which were all great. Their oyster appetizer is just one of many exceptional first offerings. Desserts are hard to resist. Would rather dine here than the best in Nassau County. Tables are well spaced and the dinning room is not noisy. Even on Saturday night you are not rushed and feel comfortable. Pricing is reasonable for the quality offered.
Have eaten here 4 or 5 times and will continue to do so.

• Visited May 2014

Long Island, NY
“Nothing "Up-Scale" Here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

It didn't take much convincing from my good friend (and savvy diner) to get me to try Chachama Grill in East Patchogue. Though it was a bit out of the way and off the beaten path, I was assured that a mediocre meal could not be had here.

The restaurant is in a shopping center on Montauk Highway, neatly tucked between storefronts. The decor is warm and inviting, as were the entire staff. Things did not go so very well after the first impression.

My good friend is also a wine guy, and he brought several interesting bottlings. The first to be opened was the Aubert 2008 Chardonnay. I thought to try something unobtrusive, so I ordered a shrimp cocktail. When it arrived, we were all appalled to find the over-cooked, insipid shrimp drowned in the most pungent, horse-radish-overdosed cocktail sauce this side of of your local diner. The wine could not survive any of it. Perhaps I should have ordered the lobster ceviche, which another at our table enjoyed. How can you ruin a shrimp cocktail?? I just wanted something to pair with this wonderful wine that was drinking so very nice that night. I suppose a succulent shrimp with a whisper of fresh lemon (there were none on the plate) is asking to much from such an up-scale establishment.

Our entrees included grilled pork chops, pan roasted duck breast and seared tuna. The pork was over-cooked, though the waiter recommended 'medium'. It had a decent flavor, and had it not been for the insensitive chef, would have been a very good dish. The seared tuna was passable, but not up to an 'up-scale' standard. The duck, my entree, was ordered medium rare, but arrived medium (medium-well?). The wild rice had a good flavor, but was a tad mushy. The sauce was restrained and complex. Too bad the chef suffers from a terrible case of culinary paternalism: had the duck been prepared to the done-ness I ordered, I think the dish would have been more successful. The presentations of the dishes were satisfactory. The second bottle, a 2010 Rochioli Pinot Noir, complemented all the dishes nicely; pity the duck was not properly prepared, as I think it would have paired even better with the wine.

Despite all this, our waiter was attentive, helpful and pleasant. Perhaps he should be the chef. The overall experience was disappointing; even one at our table, a regular, said it "was the worst meal I ever had in this place."

Obviously there is some disconnect here: I really have to get back here soon to see if Chachama Grill is really over-rated. Still, the owners should be thinking about getting rid of the 'up-scale' language from their advertising.

Oh, the bread was really good.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cold Spring Harbor, New York
“Little gem in a strip mall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We found this place sort of by mistake. We found ourselves in Patchogue with no clue where to have dinner. I quickly looked on the Internet, and this restaurant got rave reviews. When we landed in a non description strip mall, my friend asked what kind of place was this, anyway? I replied that I didn't know, but it got great reviews. Well...everything about it was great! They happily accommodated us, even though we were technically a bit too early for dinner. We were warmly greeted at the door, and the waitress could not have been nicer and more helpful. Small, intimate setting was comfortable and peaceful. Rolls were fabulous! The salmon was the best I have ever eaten, and the side dishes were equally as delicious. This restaurant is over an hour from my home, but I can't wait to return. Very highly recommend!!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
usa
“great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Every thing here is great. sun thru thur is a complete meal. don't let the fact this is in a shopping center turn you off.. This place has been here for 11 years for good reason, THE FOOD

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Medford, NY
“Platinum Mine in a Strip Mall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

ChaChama Grill may be a little bit hard to find, but it is well worth the effort. The service is impeccable. The food is off the charts. You are treated like family and made to feel welcome. Special Prix Fixe meals are served Sunday-Thursday. Marvelous presentation. Every aspect of the meal is perfect from start to finish.

• Visited March 2014