“great restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chachama Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 101
Description: Coming Soon!
Patchogue, New York
“great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I went to Chachama recently to celebrate a special occasion. We live nearby and were looking to try a new restaurant. I did some research and saw that this place had very good reviews. We were not disappointed. The food and service were excellent. It doesn't look like much of anything from the outside as it's in the middle of a strip mall but don't let that fool you. Inside, it is a charming restaurant with a nice atmosphere. The staff was very polite, friendly and helpful. Every thing we ordered was delicious. The menu is a bit pricey but the food is quality. We would definitely go back.

• Visited February 2013

Holbrook, NY
“Nice food and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Came here with another couple tonight. Good restaurant and we will come back. Atmosphere is pleasant and modern. Service was attentive. Let's start with the menu. It is eclectic and varied with a hint towards the Spanish. Next, the rolls... very nice, fresh, warm with a seasoned butter dish on the side which is also a nice compliment. It is a little slow to get extra rolls but they do arrive fresh and hot. I had a very nice romaine salad with a very tasty dressing topped with fresh bacon bits. Recommended. A friend hat the yucca vegetable which I tried. Also very good and unusual. I had the duck breast. Excellent and would get again though the portion could have been a little bigger. Accompanying veggies were fresh, crisp and tasty. Recommended. I would have this again. My wife had salmon. Good but nothing special. One of our friends had the lamb shank which I tasted. Awesome... tender and flavorful. Great hearty choice for a winter evening. I had the warm chocolate cake with a small scoop of icing for dessert. Good however it is a one person portion... not really big enough for sharing, if that is what you like to do.

One note... Thursday night is a Latin menu night. Have not gone there on a Thursday yet but there is a very nice looking Spanish menu specially for that night. It will get onto our rotation in the future.

All in all... another good restaurant in the area with an unusual menu. I would say this is a keeper.

Islip, New York
“Don't miss this one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

From the moment you enter you a treated as an important guest. The staff is great and that is only matched by the gourmet food. The oysters are out of this world. The pork tender and prepared as requested. The price fixe includes ANY appy, main and dessert on their regular menu, not limited to certain items. My wife had the best swordfish she has ever had. I want to thank the staff again and as I told them, "we can not wait to come back again".

• Visited January 2013
Dix Hiils, NY
“Best Restaurant on Long Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

My family and I have eaten here numerous times over the years and have always found the experience to be wonderful from start to finish. The service is top notch and the food is impeccable. The prix fixe (available at all times and including the entire menu) is a very good value. It is worth the 30 minute plus drive for us. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
Patchogue
“Always a Winner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have been regular customers of this restaurant since its opening, perhaps 7 years ago. We have dined there as a couple, and in large groups, and everyone has always been very pleased with their dinner. We probably eat there about once a month. They offer 2 different prix fixe menus in addition to their regular menu and both are a very good value. We enjoy their salads, crab cake and duck empenada appetizers; we've never been disappointed with a fish dish or meat entre. The deserts are all good. Their summer lobster dinner is a personal favorite. The caliber of the food and preparation is always terrific. The warm and efficient staff are a delight. If anyone has been disappointed here, give it another shot. You will benefit from a return visit.

• Visited December 2012