“The perfect getaway for a city girl.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Quintessentials Bed and Breakfast and Spa to your Saves list
Quintessentials Bed and Breakfast and Spa
8985 Main Road, East Marion, NY 11939   |
Ranked #3 of 4 East Marion B&B and Inns
“The perfect getaway for a city girl.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Not wanting to drive out of state, I decided to try a bed and breakfast for a couple days of relaxation. From you enter the town you know you will be in for a treat. Quintessentials B&B is quaint, charming and peaceful. I stayed in the Mandeville room and loved the warmth and ambiance the room had. With its own balcony it overlooks the garden....and although my stay was in October, I could imagine just how beautiful her garden must have been during the summer months. The inn-keeper Sylvia, is such a lovely woman. Great hospitality and a delight to chat with. She's helpful with letting you know what the town has to offer. The breakfast/brunch (which is served at 9:45...perfect time for a late sleeper like myself) I found to be fresh and tasty...a nod to the local farms also in town.
I must say you do need a car to get to the many wonderful vinyards or into town for restaurants, but it didn't bother me at all. It just gave me more opportunity to explore.
This place is a must go for those that had no clue Long Island has such a gem.
I loved every minute of my stay and can't wait to return during the summer. Thank You Sylvia.

• Stayed October 2013

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My boyfriend surprised me with an overnight stay at Quintessentials and we had a great time. Sylvia was a great and entertaining host. The Negril Room was perfect for us and the accommodations warm and welcoming. We also enjoyed quite the spread for breakfast: homemade coffee cake, pumpkin bread and biscuits along with poached eggs, turkey bacon, turkey sausage, Greek salad, fresh fruit, plantains, coffee, tea and OJ. We were in hog heaven! :) My one regret is that we could only stay one night. We will definitely be back! Quintessentials is definitely the place to stay when visiting the North Fork of LI.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Northport, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband & I spent a night at Quintessentials last week for our anniversary, we were greeted by Sylvia with a cup of tea and cookies on our arrival. We immediately connected with her
and spent time laughing and telling stories. She has pride in her B&B and has gone to great lengths to see her guests are comfortable. We stayed in the Kingston Room, which was very nice, but it is in the front of the house & next time we will choose a quieter room in the back of the house. A beautiful brunch was served the next day that we shared with Sylvia which we thoroughly enjoyed. As you can see, I have changed the name of the B&B to Sylvia's Place, she's great !!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Sylvia is the best innkeeper! Her genuine and personal touch makes you feel welcome and at home immediately. She takes the time to sit with you and get to know who you are while providing all necessary information about the inn and area.
The room was very nice and tranquil (Negril). I felt like I was in the tropics with the soothing blue hues. Breakfast was nothing short of amazing and delicious. Fresh multi-course meal in a sit down fashion while getting to know other guests. Dialogue is fun and easy. If the weather is nice you sit outside on the beautiful deck surrounded by nature and fresh air. The gardens are beautiful and great fun to walk through. Will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have stayed at Quintessentials 4 years in a row. Sylvia Daly is a hostess second to none. She has ruined me for all B&B's! Seriously, the accommodations are very clean, comfortable and nicely done. Each room has a theme and all are very warm and relaxing. The whole atmosphere of the property is quaint and just gives you the feel of "home".

Her breakfast is a brunch. Served later than most (around 9:45am) and will last about an hour. You won't need lunch! Sylvia also will go to great lengths for special dietary needs. The food is fresh, healthy choices, and she will share recipes! What is unique is how she presents each course and will join you at the table. The conversation is always warm and inviting. During the summer months, while the weather is good, dining on the deck helps add to the relaxation.

If you wish to stay for a while, you can spend time on the property in the lounge chairs, hammock swing or rocking chairs. There are lovely flowers and gardens spread out. And even a nice gazebo. Inside, there is a nice library and sitting room on the first floor.

I cannot say enough about the charm and dedication this wonder innkeeper has toward her guests. She is extraordinaire! And Quintessentials Bed and Breakfast and Spa is the ultimate in B&B experience.

Room Tip: The Brandon room has a Jacuzzi tub. A couple of other rooms have private decks.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Freeport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed at Quintessentials for a couple of nights with my sister and teenage daughter. We stayed in the Kingston room. It was terrific. The king-sized bed was very comfortable and we were provided an extra fold-out bed since there was three of us.

The breakfasts were amazing. All the food was fresh and absolutely delicious. We are still raving about the home-made coffee cake and biscuits. The frittatas, potatoes, juice and coffee were also excellent.

Sylvia was such a pleasure. We had great conversations with her every day. Aside from her excellent hospitality, Sylvia did an amazing job with the spa services. I had a facial for the first time and it was superb.

By the time we checked-out, I felt as though we had just ended a visit with a long-lost relative. Sylvia really made us feel at home. This was one of the most relaxing vacations I ever had.

Another great thing about this B&B is it's location. It was close to downtown Greenport, the LI wineries, Orient State Park/beach, farm stands, the ferries and several restaurants.

I only have good things to say. We will be back!

Room Tip: All the rooms have their own unique charm.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jericho, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I returned to Quintessentials for some much needed R&R. As expected, our experience was superb -- just like the last time we were there. Sylvia is like family, her B&B is beautiful, luxurious -- a real Island feel on the North Fork. The spa is wonderful and the world class breakfasts -- no need for lunch after savoring all the delicious home cooked goodies. We will definitely be back ASAP!!! Quintessentials is by far our favorite B&B -- and we've been to many!!! xo

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quintessentials Bed and Breakfast and Spa? Share your experiences!