“What a Find” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 East Marion B&B and Inns
New Rochelle, New York
“What a Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just came from an amazing weekend with my husband at Quintessentials. What a special place! The owner Sylvia certainly knows what it means to be hospitable. No detail was forgotten. From the moment we walked in we were impressed. We walked into her beautiful home and were welcomed with great Jazz music playing and the smell of fresh baked cookies and as if that wasn't enough, Sylvia greeted us with her beautiful smile and cheery personality. We continued to be surprised throughout our weekend stay. Our room was cozy and the bed was so comfortable. The breakfast is definitely worth mentioning. Sylvia cooked up an amazing breakfast which included many herbs and vegetable from her fresh organic garden. If you enjoy landscaping you will be in heaven when walking through her beautiful gardens. Be sure to stop off in her meditation area, great way to start a day. We hope that you will have the opportunity to be one of Sylvia's guest. You will not be disappointed. We can't wait to return!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Savannah room which we loved but one of her smaller rooms which we purposely chose...

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

It was really a great experience.. The fresh baked chocolate chip cookies was delish. We would definitely go back. The bed was soo comfortable, my girlfriend and I stayed. In Mandeville Room the decor was so beautiful, we had a bottle of champagne in our room, We had robes and slippers,. I had a great massage. The breakfast was.great the fretatta, hash brown, fresh baked biscuits and breads were so delicious. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hoboken
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I hesitate expressing the flaws I saw in my stay because we were welcomed into the inn with warmth and friendliness, but to be fair, I am dispersing my comments as set forth.

My friend and I stayed in the Negril room, which has a terrace, fireplace and whirlpool tub. I am rating my stay as average with the title of "needs a touch more" because the terrace had a typical backyard view, no garden of flowers, just two shed-type structures in view and the lounge chair on the terrace looked too worn for my bones to rest upon.

There were no luxury bath products provided, just some gel soap, a lotion resembling conditioner and shampoo that is dispensed from the wall of the shower. It smelled cheap and felt cheap upon my skin. I wished I had bought my own soap.

The room was awkwardly furnished by the placement of a long table running in front of a bay window with a chair on each side. I felt clutter getting on and off the bed as it was positioned by a fireplace that added no charm nor warmth as it was fake, a gas appendage against the wall of which the bed ran across; this is where I felt the squeeze of clutter.
I did get a good night's rest, but that could have come with the help of my day's trek to the nearby vineyards.
So, I rate it average because the room was as average as a Best Western, except the room came at luxury prices. I expected a touch more for the 300+ a night.

Room Tip: If you still choose to pay the top dollar for a stay at this inn, matter as well go with the Negril...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Wyckoff, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had a wonderful, last-minute weekend. Sylvia is an excellent hostess and our room was cozy. The house and grounds were intimate with rich history that she shared. The breakfast was mouth-watering and she has a special nack for selection/prep; you won't forget the home made Corn Beef Hash!
Look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Quintbbspa, Owner at Quintessentials Bed and Breakfast and Spa, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at Quintessentials Bed and Breakfast and Spa. We especially love when our guests write about our cooking. The corn beef hash has been a perennial winner and the recipe is on its way to you this very minute! We too are looking forward to your next visit, you were wonderful guests. I’m already thinking menu, and some exquisite dishes for your return.
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Sylvia has created a terrific B&B and welcomes you with all you could want at an inn. Room was lovely, nice amenities, clean, & a comfy bed. Sylvia was full of great suggestions on wineries, beaches, restaurants & shopping. She made everything easy! Couldn't ask for a better inn keeper!

Room Tip: Stayed in Kingston Room at front of house & slept with windows open for cool breeze, though had...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Quintbbspa, Owner at Quintessentials Bed and Breakfast and Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Matt, thank you for the wonderful review of your stay at Quintessentials Bed and Breakfast and Spa last week. It was my pleasure hosting you both, you were wonderful guests. Even after 20 years in the hospitality business this summer, we constantly strive to improve, and add, new ways to ensure that our guests have the Quintessentials stay. We deeply appreciate the great guest reviews. We are glad you had a lovely experience and look forward to welcoming you again and again.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My friend and I stayed at Quintessentials last weekend and it was such a lovely B n B!! The rooms were clean, the house was cozy, the garden was relaxing and the breakfast was amazing! My friend said his room was great and he slept like a baby! Sylvia, the owner, was kind and generous. She was pleasant to chat with and her stories over breakfast were quite entertaining! I really enjoyed my stay and we definitely plan to return next month for another delightful weekend!! I highly recommend this B n B.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast... The service was completely outstanding... Sylvia is an awesome host, who knows the right choices on were to go for entertainment.. The food and atmosphere were incredible... It was definitely the right choice of B&B's on the North Fork...Great Job Sylvia...

Room Tip: The Brandom room was extremely sun drenched with great style.... It was our favorite choice
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quintessentials Bed and Breakfast and Spa? Share your experiences!