“Wonderful honeymoon at "by the bluff"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of By the Bluff

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Marion
By the Bluff
You added By the Bluff to your Saves list
5405 Rocky Point Rd, East Marion, NY 11939   |
Ranked #2 of 4 East Marion B&B and Inns
Pfungen
“Wonderful honeymoon at "by the bluff"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The hospitality at this B&B was just phenomenal, decent and always caring. We felt in like in heaven, it is quite to sleep, has a picturesque pebble beach just steps away and the breakfast is on of the best I ever had! We can onky recommend this place and obviously do hope we can stay there again. Their biggest asset are the two very friendly St. Bernhard dogs... They exactly know their territory and won't bother you if you don't want. But I can tell you they're so charming you'll love 'em. Thanks for everything Pat and Maurice.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

... but good news is meant to be shared!

Normally, I like to plan trips way ahead of time in order to have some level of expectation. But this time, my wife and I decided to go on a babymoon on a whim, so I didn't know what to expect.

I can safely say that whatever expectation I may have had, it would have been easily surpassed. The owners and their two St. Bernard's were greatly open and welcoming, making us feel at home from the get-go. The room we stayed in was very clean, beautiful, and comfortable. And if that weren't enough, the breakfast was delicious. Truly a relaxing place to be.

As an added bonus, the beach was literally steps away, with beach chairs and towels available for use. While there were a few people stopping by and hanging out, it very much felt like a private beach for just me and my wife. And they weren't kidding when they said that the sunset looked gorgeous at the beach.

Highly recommend to anyone looking for a getaway to recharge over a few days!

Room Tip: Pick a room, any room. But make sure you get up in time for breakfast!
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Our second stay in East Marion at this impeccable B & B. Patricia makes you feel right at home in this well appointed but not overly done inn. Maurice cooks a hearty breakfast and caters to any special dietary needs. The guest rooms include a large bathroom, sitting area and walk in closet. Along with a discount pass to several vineyards you also receive a town beach pass, which allows you to pull over at one of the many beaches in the area for a swim. Another perk at this lovely inn is an occasional visit by Duffy and Daisy, their two St. Bernard's. We also find the location ideally off of the main roads in a quiet neighborhood and yet minutes from restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at by the bluff for 3 nights at the end of july. The rooms and decor are lovely . Im a neat freak so when I go places I always carefully scrutinize the way a room is set up and how clean things are. Well I was blown away with the attention to detail that is at by the bluff bed and breakfast. We have stayed many places out east and this romantic quiet special place at the north fork will be ours to visit for many ,many years to come. The breakfast is sooo yummy . We were impressed by maurices talents in the kitchen. And pats sense of humor is hilarious !!!! Lets not forget the dogs! They are big and beautiful !!! Theres deer also !!! That was a treat to see on an evening stroll !!!!! If you try this magical place youll be happy for sure!

• Stayed July 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife and I spent a wonderful weekend at By the Bluff for in June for our 10 year anniversary. Maurice and Patricia were so warm and welcoming. The house is relatively new construction but still perfectly quaint and cozy, and the rooms have all the standard amenities. Breakfast was always delicious and hearty. There are two adorable St. Bernard's that call the B&B home, and they were always happy to greet us in the back yard. The private beach is a very short walk away (about 100 yards). The beach is covered in pebbles and the water was very cold, but it was still a great place to relax on a couple of chairs provided by the B&B.

When first booking this trip, I was worried that East Marion might be too far from Greenport and the North Fork vineyards, but this was not the case at all. Greenport was less than 10 minutes away, and the main stretch of vineyards was about 15 minutes away.

I will definitely be going back to By the Bluff next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Galway Suite. It is on the second floor separate from the other 2 upstairs rooms...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Staten Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of spending two lovely nights at By the Bluff, a gem of a Bed and Breakfast located near a cozy and calm private beach. The owners, Maurice and Patricia were warm and welcoming and the rooms were beautifully decorated and sparkling clean. By the Bluff has all the coziness of a B&B but delivers the amenities of a five star hotel. It provides so much comfort and convenience. By the Bluff is located near many wineries, fine restaurants and inviting shops. It is a treasure of a getaway that we did not want to leave. We look forward to returning each year. Thanks for a wonderful experience!

See you again,

Fran and Sal

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Amityville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This quiet, beautiful B&B is the perfect place to unwind, relax and soak up the North Fork. Although we were only there for an overnight, we thoroughly enjoyed the peaceful environment and magnificent suite.....all the amenities of a 5 star hotel. There is always coffee, tea, water and biscotti to help ease that late snack craving. Maurice, owner and head chef makes an incredible breakfast----one to die for. There is also a refrig to keep your wine chilled should you venture to one of the many wineries on the beautiful North Fork and there is also the Ferry at Orient Point to take you across to Foxwoods Casino if that is your fancy. All in all, we had a wonderful stay at By The Bluff....great location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to By the Bluff? Share your experiences!