“Great Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dix Hills, New York
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and I had a great time. The house is beautiful and immaculate. The hosts Wildred and Veda were so gracious and made us feel like old friends. The breakfasts were amazing and we enjoyed our mornings with them so much. Great location too. We would definitely go back there again!

Room Tip: All the rooms were very pretty. We stayed in the Merlot room and loved the decor and the original...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

246 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I were limited on time and could not travel far for our honeymoon. The Arbor View House provided the perfect escape. It was beautiful, clean, and inviting. The conversation at breakfast was amazing and the owners Wilfred and Veda were very accommodating and excellent company. The surrounding area is beautiful which was perfect for quick day trips to the local brewery, the vineyards, and the famous Greenport. We look forward to returning on our anniversary.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Leonia, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

The Arbor View House is both charming and perfectly maintained. It is centrally located near wonderful wineries, restaurants and beaches. Our hosts, Wilfred and Veda, are warm, friendly and very accomodating. We enjoyed the food and conversation. They made us feel so comfortable - as if staying with family. My husband and I spent our anniversary at the B&B and were even given a wonderful bottle of local champagne to celebrate! We look forward to staying with Wlifred and Veda again at the Arbor View House!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Floral Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful stay at Arbor View! Although it was a short trip, we had a great time at the wineries and restaurants. Veda and Wilfred were gracious hosts and we loved our breakfast, both the delicious food and wonderful conversation. Can't wait to make another trip to the North Fork and stay at the Arbor View :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Scarsdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Charming, spotless b&b right near wonderful restaurants, wineries and LI beaches...(the sound, not the ocean)..Vida and Wilfred are positively lovely, she preparing a scrumptious breakfast which you eat all together in the dining room, and he providing all kinds of local history and folklore..we celebrated our dear friend's birthday this last weekend and will fondly look back and remember our time at the Arbor View!

Room Tip: Our "Rose" room was comfortable but small, up on the second floor...next time I'd book...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

We are privilaged to write this review in hopes that many people will read it. First I must start by saying that we travel extensively as a couple and with our children. We have, over the years, learned to sharpen our distinct taste and have learned some of the best places to stay and eat. If, I must admit, I have become very fussy and service oriented. I am very keen and sensitive to immediately feel if I am being treated and served properly. We travel and have paid hard earned money to get away to renew, relax and just take time to enjoy moments that we don't want to forget. With all of that said, the Arbor View House B&B is one of the most pleasant experiences we have ever had!! You have to really know us to realize what this experience has meant to us! The innkeepers we welcoming, interesting, warm, hospitable and made us feel extrememly comfortable!! Our conversations were stimulating and enjoyable! This house...I mean EVERY nook and cranny is clean beyond clean! It is sparkling and IMMACULATE! We stayed in the Merlot Room which was BEAUTIFUL! I felt like it was JUST renovated and BRAND new just for us!! I have come to learn that others have enjoyed it too! It is VERY WELL KEPT!! The fireplace in the room was romantic, the bed VERY comfortable!! I am a nurse and after all these years...ya know the aches and how difficult it is to find a comfortable bed when I go away? THIS BED WAS AWESOME AND I SLEPT LIKE A BABY!!! Veda and Wilfred: we just don't know how you do it! The breakfast was YUMMY and left us talking about it all day! I cannot wait to visit the Arbor View House again! Everyone reading this should stay there and tell a friend too! It would be one of the best gift of referrals you can give them!!! "Jamaican-us crazy to go back!!!!"

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012 via mobile

I just love Wilfred and Vida and their wonderful hospitality. Our Champainge room was exquisite, our breakfast is as always mouth watering. They treat all their guest like family and you never want to leave. My husband brought me their for a weekend before Valentines day and they never disappoint. You can always expect pleasant conversation and the warm welcome as soon as you enter. We love them and will be coming back for another stay.

Thank you Wilfred and Vida!!

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Arbor View House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!