“Very restful night” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
NYC
“Very restful night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

We stayed there the last week of Aug. It was quiet, clean, bright, and a nicely furnished larger than normal room with a very comfortable king sized bed with lots of pillows. Plus a small kitchenette- I don't think I'd attempt to cook in it but good for a reheat. The pool was clean but not heated. Passes to two different beaches were included (with a deposit). Lavender fields next door and a good price! I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms had vaulted ceilings
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
theblueinn, Manager at The Blue Inn At North Fork, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Thanks very much for choosing us for your stay on the North Fork, Hagrid. I'm glad you found a lot to enjoy here, including your room, comfy bed, and the surrounding environs. We look forward to having you here with us again soon!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Long Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

Stayed at The Blue Inn again for my wife and our yearly Anniversary.
The dates were Aug 17-20 and the weather and the place cannot be beat.

Weather is never guaranteed, but this just made it perfect.

We stayed upstairs this year and the room 210 was huge with a vaulted ceiling
and the smell of the Lavendar field next door. Full kitchen and pool outside.
Mary Obrien is a sweetheart and they are very helpful and nice at the front desk.
This year there was also a maintenance guy who seemed to be everywhere all day just keeping things like the pool and everything in tip-top shape.
The area is great for biking and my wife an I love to bike to Orient Point.

We are looking into staying again in a few weeks if its available.....working out some work issues. I recommend this place to anyone, anytime. I'm coming here whenever I visit the North Fork. It's too nice to pass up for anyplace else.

Room Tip: Go upstairs if available, just larger rooms than downstairs. However don't let this stop you if...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
I'm really thrilled that you and your wife found so much to enjoy when you were here! Thanks for choosing us again for your anniversary trip. It really means a lot to know our guests can leave here with such great memories. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the North Fork!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Clean, new, adequately furnished, nice location, good price and the kitchenette was a bonus. Don't go if you want service. Made reservation. Asked by manager to call to confirm by a certain hour. Called 10-15 minutes ahead of requested time. No answer. Arrived at the office before posted and discussed closing. No one there. Office dark and locked. We would have been totally out of luck; but our daughter suggested looking under the door mat. (what kind of a hotel/motel does that?) But there it was. Got back from dinner to enter room. Note on door warning us not to enter, though our credit card was processed hours earlier. Next morning, no one was there. No breakfast available (included). 15 minutes after posted office hours of operation, no one there. Walked to breakfast down the street (lovely by the way).

Brought all of this to the attention of a caring employee at their sister property, who seemed very concerned. Never heard from anyone...that was more than a month ago. Are you kidding me?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
theblueinn, Manager at The Blue Inn At North Fork, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
It seems that we should have been more clear about our protocol since you arrived after office hours. Still, I'm sorry if you felt unwelcome, and for the late breakfast. This isn't like us at all, and I want to look into it to see what went wrong. In the meantime, I apologize for not responding in a more timely manner, but I know we can make this right. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Regards,
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We have family in Long Island, and decided we would stay out on our favorite part of the island while also seeing them. Expecting nothing more than a road side motel, we were very surprised to find a quaint, clean place to stay that was near everything and full of families like ours. The room itself is as expected, small, but clean and very livable for a few days. Very, very clean. There is a park/yard like area near the rear building, where we stayed, and a pool right next to that. Our daughter loved running around the park area with the other kids, especially while a very casual continental breakfast was available in the mornings. The staff was very helpful. We would certainly not hesitate to revisit The Blue Inn next year.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
theblueinn, Manager at The Blue Inn At North Fork, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
I'm thrilled that your family felt right at home here with us! It's great to hear that you felt everything was clean and that our continental breakfast brought great times for all. We look forward to seeing you again sometime!

New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

My husband and I visited the North Fork for the first time for a long weekend. We were not familiar with the area and I selected The Blue Inn based on location. I couldn't have picked a better place to stay. I am very particular about hotels in regard to cleanliness and this exceeded my expectations. The rooms and the grounds are well-maintaned and it is obvious the staff takes great care in managing the property. I could not have been more pleased with our room on the 2nd floor in the back building. Clean, bright, and comfortable. What a treat to look out the kitchen window with a view of a field and trees. The lavendar field next door was an unexpected surprise and the smell of lavendar at night was beautiful. The kitchenette was a plus even though we only made use of the refrigerator. Had we stayed longer we would have used the kitchenette and the BBQ's by the pool as we love to shop local and prepare meals when we travel. The location of the hotel is perfectly located close to Orient Beach and Greenport. We also enjoyed a day visiting wineries. I will definitely return to The Blue Inn.

Room Tip: 2nd floor back building was great. Quiet and comfortable. If climbing stairs is an issue for you, st...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
I'm so pleased that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks very much for taking the time to highlight your favorite things and for making some recommendations, too. I'm so glad you found us -- we hope to see you both again soon!

Stony Brook, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Went out to Greenport for a wedding, and stayed at The Blue Inn. Right on 25, it seemed as if it was a typical old style road side motel. However, it has been completely renovated, and the rooms were clean and modern. Small kitchenette, small bathroom; but it all worked. Beds were very comfortable. Friendly staff, close enough to Greenport, we had a really nice stay there.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
So happy to hear you enjoyed everything during your trip. Glad we could make you feel comfortable and provide a nice home base in between the wedding events. We hope to see you again sometime!

Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

My wife and I love Long Island and decided to try out this hotel. I called the hotel the day we were checking in to see if they could put anything special in the room for my wife and they were so helpful. They gave me the number to order flowers and had them put in the room before we got there with a bottle of champagne. My wife loved it. We loved the room and how clean everything was. Everyone we met that works at the hotel were friendly and helpful in every way. We checked in early which we thought would be a problem but the young lady in the office assured us it wasn't. The little soaps and lotions that the hotel provided in the room were great. The pool was clean and always had pool towels for the guests. We wanted to go to the beach one day so we got beach passes from the lady in the office and she gave us directions to the closest beach. Awesome service and lovely people working there! We will be returning to this hotel next summer.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
So glad you and your wife decided to give us a try on your recent trip, Mark! I'm happy to hear we found a few ways to make your time more special. Looking forward to seeing you again next year.

Mary, General Manager

Been to The Blue Inn At North Fork? Share your experiences!