“Nasty” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at East Hampton

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in East Hampton
The Inn at East Hampton
You added The Inn at East Hampton to your Saves list
488 Montauk Highway, East Hampton, NY 11937 (Formerly 27 Inn)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in East Hampton
Flushing, New York
“Nasty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I stayed at the Inn recently. I did not get a newly renovated room. It was dirty and smelled musty. Furniture was straight out of 1975. There were actual cobwebs on the ceiling. The bed was uncomfortable. The office staff was very sweet and helpful. I wouldn't stay there again unless I was promised a renovated room.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very warm- welcoming, made u feel right at home. Can't say much for the other reviews, but my stay was amazing. I stayed at about 3 different rooms in this hotel and viewed about 7 of them in total before choosing each time. No mold or rust issues and room 101 gave me the best sleep I had in decades. It's perfectly situated close enough to town and Lisa was great enough to provide me with beach passes "love her". It was a great stay.

• Stayed May 2013
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have never in my life seen such a bad hotel. We arrived, we put our bags in the room, which stank, everything is old and ugly and not been updated since the 70's. I had to use the rest room after a long drive. I sat down and looked at the bath tub it had black dirt all over it, the towels were wet. I was grossed out. I checked out right away, so I never stayed there. I just couldn't bare to be in the room, it was THAT bad. it was late at night had my 10 year old with me and had no where to go, but..I rather slept in my car then that) .The lady Lisa,was nice about it, but no refund yet. I had the luck to find a room at another place which was 100% better. (They gave me an address of a bed and breakfast, but I just didn't trust their judgement). My advise, do NOT even think about booking it. I felt I was at the scene of a bad movie.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

So unfortunately our original hotel made a mistake with our reservation and we were forced to stay at the inn at east hampton. 488 Montauk highway

We checked in with a nice woman who tried her best to accommodate us but I draw a line at mold. The bathroom was covered in it and the shower head was rusted out to the point i wasnt sure if it would work. then as we were discussing the bathroom situation the manger said well all the rooms are like that. I had him replace the shower head and clean the mold off the walls. The cleaner used a half gallon of blach to the point my eyes were burning the there were the bugs. One massive wasp and about 9 flies as though there was a dead body somewhere in the room.

The twin bed was like sleeping on a rock and on top of the air conditioning unit so you froze to death because the air blew right on you and theres no blankets. Just one 10-thread count sheet ane the bedspread.

No cups in the room. And a dead bug smeared on the wall. Oh right and this palace was 400 per night.

I will say the staff was so polite and tried to make us ahappy as they could. But they need to renovate the rooms. Get new bedding and an exterminator if they plan on staying in business

• Stayed July 2013
Las Vegas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

First let me say that this place is no longer called "27 Inn". It is called the "Inn at East Hampton"

I kind of feel bad about this property. It really isnt poor, but I wouldnt say it is average either. I would say maybe a class below a Super 8? Like a previous review stated it is very outdated. There was 1 sheet and a comforter on the bed. No blanket in between. The tv hung high on the wall. No phone in the room (which isnt a bad thing). The bathroom looked very clean. My only complaint is that the toilet is so close to the wall that I dont see how anyone could sit down. There is a mini-fridge and a microwave in the room.

When I first check in the woman working the front desk was very pleasant and helped me get into a room right away, even personally walked me to the room. On the down side, when I was ready to check out at 430am, no one was there. The office was locked and notes placed on the door to call if assistance was needed. Well I needed to turn the key in and I needed a copy of the receipt for the company's records. I called the numbers that were listed and no one answered. Now, this wasnt an emergency, but I hate to see what would happen if an emergency happened.

I was only in the Hamptons for work. And in my opinion, it is unfortunate there are no chain hotels in this area. But I guess that is also a good thing which makes that Hamptons unique. Would I stay here again? If it was my choice no I wouldnt. I also wouldnt go out of my way to come back to the Hamptons as it is not my scene. Just my $.02

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Norwich, CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed at the 27 Inn back in September '12 and while the staff COULD NOT have been nicer . . . the place itself was absolutely AWFUL. It was the worst, nastiest hotel room either of us had ever seen for $200 / night. The bed was just a mattress on the floor. There was one NASTY chair and a tiny table. The television (tube) was on a hanging stand and it was leveled by a folded cardboard box! While there were no bugs in the room . . . the gigantic mosquitoes from the vacant lot next door came in as soon as we opened the windows for fresh air because there were no screens! We didn't even unpack! On the upside, the deplorable, dated decor and musty, funky air in the room forced us to go out for the day and stay out all day.

These pictures look great but this was not the hotel back in September. That place was a mess!

Room Tip: If they have renovated . . . maybe! If not . . . beware!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Our first time to out to the Hampton's Loved it! many nice places to eat, shop and not to mention the beaches are beautiful.
However, the hotel 27 not so much.. It is in a great location and COULD BE so much more...
The place is VERY Very dated!!!!!!!!!! The bathroom was clean. other then that
the place needs to be gutted. The carpet very dirty. I would only sit on the couch with a sheet covering it.. yuck... burn holes in the blankets on the bed............
no amenities not even a blowdryer in the room....Would never stay there again!EWWWWWWW

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Inn at East Hampton? Share your experiences!