“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mill House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Hampton
Mill House Inn
You added Mill House Inn to your Saves list
31 North Main Street, East Hampton, NY 11937   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 17 East Hampton B&B and Inns
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We truly enjoyed this hotel. It is situated in the heart of everything so you can walk to shopping and dining. The staff could not have been nicer! I will definitely choose this hotel for my next stay!

TheInnDog, Owner at Mill House Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay at The Mill House Inn! Being located in a quiet spot adjacent to the center of the village is a wonderful amenity. Walking about town shopping or taking a stroll to the beach is quite invigorating, makes me think about walking to dinner at one of our great local restaurants! Best wishes for a warm and sunny winter in Florida, we await your return to The Mill House Inn and our brand of Hamptons Hospitality.

Sylvia & Gary Muller
East Hampton NY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Cummaquid, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Extraordinary! The attention to every little detail made our visit wonderful. The location was perfect for walks, shopping and restaurants. Staff could not have been better! and the breakfast OMG! We will be back!

TheInnDog, Owner at Mill House Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thanks for the kudos! Our new breakfast menu should launch very soon, we would appreciate your comments. Is there something you would like to see on our new menu, a classic dish brought back to life with a retro style interpretation. Just let us know and we will do our best to add it to the new menu or have a special breakfast item available when you return to MHI. We look forward to your next visit, have a great winter in Massachusetts.

Sylvia & Gary Muller
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Coming from NYC, I consider myself fairly high-maintence therefore easily disappointed. I find most "Luxury" Inns overrated where something is always compromised. After my first visit to the Mill House Inn in the summer of 2008, I left wondering how the staff did everything right, from the sheets, the tub, the fresh flowers, the helpful staff, to amazing breakfast delivered to our room, to the eyeglass repair kit next to my bed. I have always wanted to return but a new business prevented the luxury of an escape. This past May, my best friend asked me for the name of a great place to stay in east hampton. Without even researching to see if there was anything "new" in the accomodations market out east, I suggested Mill House Inn. I hoped that my memory of the perfect week-end was not distorted and it was as wonderful as I remembered. Thankfully it was and more! My friend stayed for a week in a suite with her friend and their daughters for a week at the beach. From the. Two course breakfasts delivered daily each morning (including a variety of hot sauces for their california friends) to the chai latte made with almond milk for the lactose intolerant. Any special request was catered to with a smile each and every day. We asked for towels and beach chairs and we also were given a cooler of water as well. They were delivered to our car, and picked up from our car. The bath salts are homemade, the blowdryer was not a cheap one, the sheets and breakfast linens are frette, the bed has a feather bed with hypo-allergenic pillows, the ipod charger is next to the radio, the refrigerator has bottles water (no extra charge) and the bath products are amazing. The giant soaking tub was coveted and the two head shower was another special touch that only someone who really cares would add. The art in the rooms are from Pollock, Rothko, and Gottlieb, and the all days snacks are as good as they look. So, why is the cost so high? Because they pay their staff to take care of you... Worth every penny and more! Coincidentally, we were back this week-end and yes, another perfect stay.

I think this should be in the Relais et Chateau book..

Robin Z..
NYC
( A real person)

• Stayed October 2012
TheInnDog, Owner at Mill House Inn, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Hi Robin

Thank You for appreciating everything wonderful that defines MHI Hospitality. Thank you as well for returning to and referring MHI to friends & family. We make memories and are always thrilled to surpass and exceed expectation. To address your question pertaining to how the staff does everything correct, we consider our team as first and foremost and treat them as such. To quote the great Hotelier Horst Schulze "We are ladies and gentleman, serving ladies and gentleman" We listen to our guests and hear what they have to say about our concierge services, facilities, food & beverage and everything that we do at The Mill House Inn. We constantly consider and implement improvements, in our MHI brand of Hospitality.

Every member of our team smiles when we hear the words "The Perfect Stay"

Sincerely
Sylvia & Gary
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Being in the travel business I tend to be extremely picky and would have to say the moment I stepped onsite I felt completely taken care of . Not only was our suite beautifully designed , it was also immaculately kept. The overall level of service was 5 STAR! from making the rez to arrival, restaurant suggestions, a breakfast experience that so spectacular that i need to stay another 26 days to experience each of these wildly inventive breakfast options. Even our pooches had a culinary experience as the chef made sure there was homemade dog food! Kudos to Jim and his team to making it seem effortless when that level of service can only be achieved by someone who truly knows and loves what they do .

we’ll be back !

TheInnDog, Owner at Mill House Inn, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank You from all of our Hospitality Team, It is always a pleasure to receive compliments from an industry professional! We gladly take care of all the details, truly endorse impeccable facility maintenance and housekeeping. Please do return to sample our new menu due in April, maybe chef will be able to do a small tasting menu just for you! Yes we do truly love what we do after 15 years at The Mill House Inn and 40 years in the Hospitality Industry it makes our day to hear the words "Perfect Hamptons Experience"

Please do return soon & safe travels!

Sylvia & Gary
Woodbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

From making the reservation to checking out this was one of the best experiences we have had in a long time! It was our 20th Anniversary and my husband and I wanted to celebrate! When I called to book on the phone Victoria helped me decide on a romantic place for our dinner. She booked the dinner reservation for us! When we arrived at the inn we were greeted with a smile and friendly service! Our room was beautiful and there wer fresh chocolate dipped strawberries waiting. The room was cozy... if you want a more space the inn has it. We were within walking distance to downtown and a short drive to the beach or Montauk Point. The inn felt like home. That I'm sure is due to the Owners and the innkeepers.... Breakfast was a gastronomic treat!!! Fresh squeezed oj and cooked to order delights!!!! We are definately going back! The price is worth every penny!!!!

Room Tip: Look at the pictures and just pick.....we stayed in the smallest room and it was wonderful!!!!