“Great meal” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nick & Toni's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 55 Restaurants in East Hampton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cedar Street
Description: We're celebrating our 25th year in the Hamptons and will be commemorating our Silver Anniversary with an interior facelift! We will be closed for approximately 6 weeks beginning Monday February 18th and anticipate reopening the first week of April. Expect a casual elegant ambiance with nods to the signature items in the space such as the mosaic tiled woodburning oven. For updates and peeks inside the renovations visit Nick & Toni’s Facebook page at facebook.com/NickandTonis. We look forward to seeing you in the spring .
Uk - Suffolk
“Great meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is a beautiful restaurant. I'm an interior designer and they've done a great job here. The food was lovely. Service was a little slow. It has an exciting menu. The fettuccine pesto was really fabulous. It was horribly expensive but all the good restaurants here are.

Visited August 2013

Bridgehampton, NY
“Fish dishes starred!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We'd made a mistake in reserving (a week early!) yet they seated us on a crowded night and apologized! 4 of us shared sweet thinly shaved zucchini chips. My wife and I shared seared tuna with a wonderful sweet spicy eggplant caponata, wished for just a little more tuna at the price. Huge perfectly rare cooked local swordfish over excellent bean salad. My wife's blackened fluke was over broccoli Rabelais & shiitake mushrooms that she couldn't stop raving about. The whole sea bass our friend had was also first rate. We were all too full for dessert.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Water Mill, New York
“Don't Listen to the Haters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I'm really just writing to weigh in on JKSKM's review, since I happened to be sitting in the restaurant during the night she dined there (the situation sounded too familiar to be a one-time occurrence). As a long-time patron of Nick and Toni's and a fan of the restaurant, I would hate to allow a misanthropic Internet ne'er do well cause harm by presenting an incomplete version of the story. Nick and Toni's consistently provides some of the best food and service on the East End, and it should be noted that very few restaurants in the Hamptons have been doing what Nick and Toni's has been doing for as long as they have been doing it for--which is over two decades now. So it seems unlikely that a restaurant of this caliber would stand for sub-par service in the way that JKSKM describes.

In fact, I was sitting at a table across from JKSKM and her two friends that evening. What I remember most vividly about that night was that one of the women at the table yelled an obscenity at the sommelier--who is, by the way, a female. So many things were absurd about that encounter that it didn't even occur to me to put them on the Internet until I stumbled across this review. It's absurd, for instance, that these women harassed the sommelier for the majority of their time in the restaurant (my husband and I overheard them telling her that they had never been to a restaurant where the wine steward tastes the wine away from the table and that it was a sign of poor service; I guess these women haven't been to too many fine dining establishments in the city, despite their claims of worldliness). It's absurd, too, that JKSKM claims that she would have been treated differently had her party been male. I highly doubt that a female sommelier makes her way in the world by giving female patrons a hard time. As for me, I'm a female regular who solicits advice from the female wine steward at Nick and Toni's on a regular basis--and I have never been made to feel like I would have had a better experience had I been blessed with different anatomical parts.

The review written by JKSKM is clearly a last-ditch attempt to gain some retribution for having been asked to leave the restaurant by the management--an event she omits and which my husband and I also witnessed--after she screamed obscenities at the steward across a busy dining room. And her tone and lack of grace are more proof that the East End is a great place to be in all of the months of the year except July and August, when the out-of-towners, like JKSKM from Boston, arrive with their senses of entitlement and their diminished abilities to treat members of the service community with respect and common decency.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jersey City, New Jersey
“It's not about the food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

At the suggestion of friends who are Hamptons residents every summer, we went here to celebrate a birthday. As the hostess stated, they were "backed up" and we had about a 30 minute wait (past our reservation time). Our waitress appeared to be the only one in our section and she was very harried; it took some time for her to provide us with menus and take our order, but things moved more quickly after that. The entire experience was generally "Meh" in my opinion; nothing spectacular about any of the 4 dishes we ordered. Probably the best thing we had was the zucchini appetizer - cut thin and very crispy with a touch of parmesan. The pastas were so-so (one sauce was overly oily, the other was overly cheesy/thick). The lamb was underseasoned and maybe 4-6 ounce portion (for around $40). If you're into trying to spot celebrities, it's a place to go. If you are interested in culinary creativity and execution, pass.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Long Island
“Celebrity Haven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Nick and Toni's seems to be known to everyone in The United States. We spend 40 weekends a year in this
very popular summer resort area. This was the one and only time we dined at this restaurant. It seems they change their menu to meet the Season. My wife and I din not enjoy the Autumn menu. We found the food average and the prices on the higher side. We recommend it to Summer travelers that wish to sometimes dine along with popular celebrities.

Visited November 2012