“Crowded but worth it” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Babette's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 55 Restaurants in East Hampton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Dining style: Casual Dining
“Crowded but worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Babettes is over-priced, but guess what, it's East Hampton. They take no reservations, so be prepared to wait and wait. the food is very good and health oriented. A place to see and be scene.

Visited September 2013

East Hampton, New York
“Healthy and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

It is rare to find such great tasting food that is also good for you but that defines the food at Babettes. The prices are high but the portions are huge.

Visited August 2013
stamford, ct
“The BBQ tofu is worth the trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is a casual, but expensive restaurant in East Hampton. I went there for dinner with my three vegetarian kids. While the food is good, nothing that we had compared to the appetizer of BBQ tofu, which at $15, is not cheap, but so scrumptious that it is literally worth the trip, and is plentiful enough for four as an appetizer, yet if I had gone back, that would have sufficed for me alone as an entree. Lovely people work there; they were very friendly and forthcoming with information. We enjoyed ourselves, and since we were prepared for the sticker shock, we had a lovely dinner. One note of disappointment--as we were eating, they placed a citronella candle on the patio, but, unfortunately, it was too late--I came away with about 20 giant mosquito bites, so itchy that they ruined my sleep for days

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Too expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Babette's is a charming place that serves good food.
Service was good last week (some servers are great & some are not good at all).
I find it too expencive for what it is ($90 lunch for 2 is bit too much in my opinion).

Visited July 2013
“Food wasn't good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We got the french toast, side of sausage, yogurt and granola. Coffee was too weak, sausage was $8 for a side dish for three teeny burnt sausage links. I could have bought tastier sausage in the frozen section at Walbaum's across the street. Great little location and we were seated quickly and not rushed but the prices are outrageous. I will pay those prices for a great well known chef but a $25 bagel with lox is just insulting. I will not return, There is better quality food elsewhere in East Hampton.

• Visited July 2013