“peaceful and quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bassett House Inn

Bassett House Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Hampton
Bassett House Inn
Save Saved
You added Bassett House Inn to your Saves list
128 Montauk Hwy., East Hampton, NY 11937   |
Special Offer
BOOK DIRECT & SAVE ($275)
Ranked #16 of 17 East Hampton B&B and Inns
“peaceful and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We had a wonderful time at the inn. We were properly guided, i did not have to go to the visitor's bureau. Mr. Mike, the owner was very helpful to us.
We stayedonly for one night because of my daughter's appointments in the city. hadn't it been for that, we could have stayed for another night.

Room Tip: Plan early
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This place is filthy, cluttered, in disrepair, the owner is rude and a terrible host.
read further down to see the negative reviews and after reviewing them I agree they are all true.
The glowing reviews must have been planted here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

My friend and I stayed at the Bassett House Inn for one night over July 4th weekend.
It's easy to access the Inn: Just a five-minute ride from East Hapmton station.
Michael, inn-owner, a sweet and happy guy, helped and took care of us as much as he can upon our requests.
The Inn has cozy space with collectables from all over the world.
It is so lucky to find the lovely and warm Inn offering fair price in the Hapmptons.
I'll definitely return the Inn in the near future!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Coram, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

My triplet boys and I had the pleasure of staying in this Country Home..Michael the innkeeper is a real doll.. The house tells a story with knick knack galore.. I told him he should make it an antique store.. He was friendly , kind and very accomodating to my family. A great little vacation:)!!! Kudos Michael

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
nygirl2587
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

My friends and I stayed here for one night in the Hamptons over Memorial Day Weekend and were pleasantly surprised. Mike was so nice from the get go and was very helpful and accommodating. I have stayed at many hotels over the country and have never received service like I have here. It's not about perfection, the house is warm and inviting, it feels like you are staying with family or friends rather than a stuffy hotel. His rates are the best in town, and he went out of his way to make sure we were comfortable. He is a sweet guy, and reviews can't do him justice. You just have to see for yourself!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

A lovely place to stay with a beautiful garden and outdoor area in general. We wanted to just sleep under the stars (and we did, for a little while at least)! Michael, the innkeeper, was a kind soul who treated us with care and generosity. We were just 4 kids (well in our 20's and 30's) needing some tender, loving, care... a bit lost and without a place to stay in Montauk and he offered us a space and such hospitality at the Bassett Inn. We would and will return very soon, our next trip east, to stay again.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

I stopped here at random while searching for a place to crash on the eve of the 2010 Mighty Hamptons Triathlon. Michael was very kind and accommodating. He even let me return after the race to clean up, sort gear, nap.

I was not prepared for the expense of staying in Easthapmton, and Michael was kind enough to offer me a rate that we could both agree upon.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Been to Bassett House Inn? Share your experiences!