“Exceptional Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Sag Harbor, New York
“Exceptional Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This restaurant, by the Hillstone Group, took over the space previously held by Della Femina's in East Hampton. They did a beautiful job of renovating the building, which is now sophisticated, warm, and inviting. The menu is varied and there's something for everyone. First off, do not pass on the biscuits. They are particularly flavorful and could serve as a meal unto themselves were there not so many other wonderful selections to chose from. Particular favorites include the rotisserie chicken and rib eye steak. My husband prefers fish, and has had several excellent meals there. While the dessert selection is limited, each one has been fabulous. Don't pass up on their ice cream sundae, which they take to a new level. I would be remise if I didn't mentioned the service at the restaurant, which is warm and very professional.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
East Hampton, New York
“Waiting”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I just wish they had never lied to us. We got there at 7:15pm and they told me that there would be a 35 maximum wait. At 9 pm there were still not ready to help us. In the meantime at 8:30 pm they told me we were the next table up, but 15 min late we had 3 tables in front of us. I am a truly honest person and I hate when somebody lies straight to my eyes. I wish I had tried the food, but just didn't have a chance, because I lost my appetite in the meantime. Pretty sad though. There are so many options in EH, just wanted them to be honest with me, but they couldn't do it. And in the end they didn't give me a chance to pay for my bar bill, because they said it was taken care of. How said is that when you go the "the best" restaurant and they simply don't give you an option to do anything. I am so disappointed and I got betrayed like I have never been in my whole life.

• Visited October 2012
Far Hills, New Jersey
“Great meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Excellent service. Best chicken we've ever had! Dessert was amazing as well! The Location was perfect.

Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
“Classy Pub!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

You can get prime ribs or a burger in this welcome addition to the dining scene. The atmosphere is warm and the tables well-spaced. There's music but it doesn't overwhelm your table talk. A cheeseburger is over $20 but it is beautifully done with great accompaniments. Overall the menu is somewhat limited so you will have think about how often you return if you want more choices.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Wonderful atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We love the East Hampton Grill for many reasons. The food is excellent, the bar is lively and the service is friendly. This is our favorite spot in East Hampton. A great place to enjoy a nice night out with friends.

• Visited September 2012