“We felt right at home.” 5 of 5 stars

The Hedges Inn
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   74 James Lane, East Hampton, NY 11937   |
Ranked #2 of 17 East Hampton B&B and Inns
New England
“We felt right at home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we arrived we were treated like family. It was as though I was staying with my rich parents! I'm 26 years old and it was just the perfect place for me and my family. The grounds are beautiful and it was so relaxing. Also walking distance to the beach. The breakfasts are not to be missed either - so yummy! I definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed July 2013
annclarke70, General Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
I'm not particularly rich but you can call me mom LOL. If you felt at home there is nothing more to say!
Love, Mom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Ann, Courtney and the entire staff couldn't have made our experience any better! We were taken care of with smiles, humor and a professionalism that I find rare these days. The rooms were clean, the food delicious and the location of The Hedges is ideal for anyone visiting East Hampton. It was so pleasant and my only regret was that I was not staying longer. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Oh, my aren't you sweet! We have a few more changes in mind for The Hedges...OK let's call them improvements...we just always want to be stepping up the game. I cannot tell you how much the entire team here at the inn enjoyed having your group in residence. Every day was sunshine. Thank you for the review, it was very much appreciated.

All my best,

Anni
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have nothing but huge PRAISE for the The Hedges Inn!

The location in East Hampton was great -- close to Main Beach and shopping -- and the staff (especially Ann) was a true delight. The breakfasts were delicious, esecially the housemade pastries and the patio was a great place to lounge and enjoy afternoon tea.

It definitely felt like home! We are for sure booking again next summer (if not sooner!)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I am holding you to returning to us next summer since I know have it in writing LOL!

What a tremendous compliment and I thank you for it with a gentle reminder that I am lucky enough to have Carol, Courtney, Marissa and Myra behind me. I'm looking out for you!
All my best and thank you so much.

Anni
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was delighted by by every turn during my two night stay.i was so impressed with the charming decor,so tastefully done and welcoming.the outdoor landscaping was beautiful and lush.the dinning room was very inviting,with a delicious buffet,with fresh fruits and pastries,etc not to mention the mouth watering homemade gourmet breakfast served by the cook herself! The manager Ann and her staff were very accommodating,offering us beach passes to the beautiful local beaches along with chairs,towels etc.the rooms were refreshingly decorated,very comfortable and clean.there was always cold home made ice tea or iced water infused with mint and cold bottles of water available as well as fresh fruit and sweets. A lovely stay,can't wait to return !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Happy Guest =Happy Innkeeper!

Our lemon/mint water is a hit this summer with all of the guests and I am glad you enjoyed it enough to write about it! It is such a pleasure every morning to walk outside with my basket a clip the days herbs. Thank you for being with us, thank you for warming the dining room with your early in the day million watt smile.

All my best,

Portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Excellent service, clean, friendly, quality food, great location- walking distance to town of East Hampton, and the beach. Quiet, good amenities, great bedding and the people very accommodating. I was very happy and would return again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Direct and to the point, how we love the business traveler at The Hedges Inn! We are pleased we could be so accommodating and look forward to seeing you again. Thank you so very much for taking the time to write about us. In the busy ;life of traveling executives we appreciate the time it takes and even more we appreciate how much you must have enjoyed your time with us to stop and write about it! Thank you. All my best,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We couldn't imagine any place being any lovelier or more accommodating than Hedges Inn. The
guest rooms are a bit on the small side as you might expect with any old gracious inn but have all the conveniences of home including plenty of soft and fluffy white towels and the rooms are immaculately and tastefully done. The grounds are beautiful and well kept and make you glad you're not the one responsible for keeping them that way! Ann is the most gracious, fun, and accommodating of hosts and prepares an incredible breakfast buffet every morning. And all you really need is one of the bicycles they keep on the property to get you into town or to the beach....."perfect"!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TheHedgesInn, General Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Pinch me. How lucky are we at The Hedges Inn to have guests like you! Thank you for all your kind words and we are thrilled you took the time to pass a good word to prospective guests how things are at The Hedges these days. Thank you so much and here is to hoping we see you again soon!

New York City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had extremely high expectations for Hedges Inn. This was my first time, and it'll be my last! So overpriced, I came mid-week, and got a single Queen for $500/night. The cheapest room! The Innkeeper, Ann, was kind enough to give me an upgrade to a King Room, This was $750/night; I was excited until I arrived-the completely redone, modernized 'Hedges' looked like an old folks home! Granted it's The Hamptons, but I found very little charm and/or style to this worn-out, creaky Inn for mostly old people! I requested an early check in, which was granted, but was extremely disappointed with the decor, public areas, carpeting, etc. My 'King' room was tiny, and not very comfortable. It was noisy, not to mention that the room was small and the bedding was extremely uncomfortable, not soft and cozy. I asked if I could get a late checkout, which was granted, but when I left for the gym in the am, they asked me if I could leave earlier, so housekeeping could get to my room?!! Fine, but why say yes in the first place? Also, I asked if I could get a diet coke, and the front desk person obliged in an unfriendly manner, and gave me a bar tab! The 1708 House in Southampton has complimentary non-alcoholic beverages! So, kill me if I'm spoiled?! Also, they had to charge the balance on my cc, which I had to give three times because they couldn't get it right?! Is it really THAT hard? Overall, not super friendly or accommodating service! The best thing about the place is that there were a lot of hangers in my closet. Really?! I highly DO NOT recommend-a rip off, even if you get an upgrade!?! I moved to The Huntting Inn, which upgraded me to a King room, which I paid $450/night, and they're so much friendlier, more accommodating, and have way better rooms and location!

Room Tip: The King is so tiny, I can't imagine what a Queen would be!?
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
TheHedgesInn, General Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
In the midst of all these terrific comments from guests we have pleased time and again it was inevitable at some point to have a contrary experience. I do apologize that our front desk did not comp you a diet coke, obviously an error which has been addressed with our new member on staff. What turned out to be your late departure for the gym created a conflict with an incoming guest and well, we had given you a complimentary upgrade and early check-in! I would like to say that the least expensive room here at The Hedges is actually $350 per night mid week. Rarely do we have a problem with the credit card system but rather with some individual credit cards. As Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, "Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not." We will continue to strive to do better and hope perhaps someday you will try us again. All my best,

Ann

Been to The Hedges Inn? Share your experiences!