“Lovely mid-week stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 17 East Hampton B&B and Inns
Wellesley, Massachusetts, United States
“Lovely mid-week stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My daughter and I recently enjoyed a quiet, three-night mid-week stay at this lovely property. Ann is one of the friendliest hostesses I have encountered in my travels and made our entire time there very enjoyable. The rooms had all been beautifully renovated, and we were particularly grateful for the quiet and efficient air conditioning, given the 90 degree+ heat we had every day! The breakfasts were absolutely delicious and definitely gourmet. We ate on the late side every morning and had no need for lunch. For our outings to the beach Ann kindly provided us with beach chairs, towels, an umbrella, a beach bag, a cooler with cold water bottles and a parking pass for all town beaches. We didn't have to supply anything ourselves! Although the room prices are steep, it was high season and we did not want for anything. I highly recommend it if you're willing to splurge.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
TheHedgesInn, Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Sometimes I have to pinch myself with how luckily we are at The Hedges Inn to attract such lovely guests. It seems our guests enjoy the fact we are a true B&B and not pretending to be anything else! To be able to offer a lovely room, a special breakfast and a place to call home for a few days in the Hampton's, well, that makes us happy so it is terrific to know that's exactly what is making our guests happy too! Thank you for your kind words and come back soon. All my best wishes, Ann.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

This was my wife and my first trip to the Hamptons and the first time to stay at a bed and breakfast. The experience was great. Ann the Inn keeper was a super host and made fabulous three course gourmet breakfasts. The Inn was very clean and well maintained. Its location 5 minute walk from downtown E. Hampton and 5 minute walk to the beach was also ideal. Parking passes to the beach parking area and chairs towels and an umbrella were all unexpected perks. I definitely would stay there again. It my opinion the cost per night is a good value in comparison to other beach town's we have stayed.

Room Tip: All rooms in the Inn are comparable; a larger size means you pay more.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Well nothing could be better than a first time great experience in the Hampton's! We are proud we were a part of that equation and hope we will be part of your second visit too! Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us but also to mention such great info for other prospective guests to read and know. All my best,

Ann
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We loved our stay at The Hedges Inn! Ann was a wonderful and gracious innkeeper. The room was comfortable and the a/c worked well. The breakfasts were great. The location was good. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
As an innkeeper I just want to pinch myself - how do we keep getting all the great guests coming to East Hampton? All I can say is thank you for being here, it was sincerely our pleasure to have you and we are happy you had a good time!
All the very best,
Ann
Houson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The Hedges Inn was a charming inn with the elegance of a 5 Diamond hotel. My husband and I stayed there and had the privilege of befriending Ann - the Innkeeper and chef. Ann was a marvelous host and a simply gracious person. She welcomed us in the middle of the night and provided a fantastic room that was beautifully appointed. While preparing for a large wedding in the garden, she created an exquisite breakfast that was beautiful and very filling. It was the first time in years that I cleaned my plate. Ann is personable, inviting and a joy to be around. My husband and I will surely go back to The Hedges Inn and highly recommend you do the same.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 10 - Shore Side. It is a beautiful room with a window facing the front of the Inn...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Wondering downstairs and seeing your husband just patiently sitting quietly at home in the living room and then you entered the room with as idle as bright as sunshine made my week! I remember you left a couple suit jackets here and had to do a quick turn around. That was a sign you know that you just had not stayed long enough at The Hedges Inn! Thank you so very much.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

The Hedges is a lovely place to stay and is kept in pristine condition. Ann the innkeeper is gracious, warm, and accommodating, and went out of her way to make sure I was comfortable. The food is extraordinary--absolutely exquisite, creative, and delicious! Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
I have to say what a wonderful and easy guest you were to have in the house! We just love the independant spirit that loves the simple pleasures and good food. You were a joy each morning with your bright smile and energy. Please come back soon and bring your friends again!
All the best, Ann
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

The Hedges Inn is a peaceful and exclusive place to stay if you wish to enjoy the beauty of the East Hamptons. The Inn is elegant and chic and it has a "feel like at home" taste that makes you wish to stay longer. My room was simply perfect, well decorated and full of little details that make the difference. The big garden is amazing, calm and surrounded by wonderful flowers and trees. I'm not afraid to say that to me everything was absolutely terrific! Last but not least, there's Ann: from the first moment you go in, you feel welcome and pumpered by her smile, her kindness and her warm energy (and of course her breakfast!).. Thank you Ann and congratulations for your excellent Inn: hope to see you again! Ciao!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
TheHedgesInn, Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Oh, my! Saying we are elegant and chic and we feel like home just hits the spot for me as an innkeeper! We feel it is guests like you that make the Hedges Inn special - undemanding well traveled people who enjoy taking it easy in the Hamptons and are not high strung! Please find your back next summer (if not this fall) and let's share a cool glass of wine under the new patio awning! Thank you for taking the time to write about us, we sincerely appreciate it!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Situated in a fine setting close to downtown, the Hedges Inn provides a memorable stay in East Hampton. It is tastefully decorated, providing both comfort and elegance. The innkeeper Ann Clarke has attended to every detail and makes guests feel especially welcome with her warm personality. A terrific place to stay in the Hamptons.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thank you so much for being here! It was a joy to have you at the inn and experience the Hamptons. We all hope you will return with a bit more time to stay. Thank you for your kind words they are greatly appreciated.

Been to The Hedges Inn? Share your experiences!