“plentiful portions” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Pelham, New York
“plentiful portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

we were up for my Mom's family reunion, and had breakfast Sunday AM at the diner...plentiful portions and very delicious (and filling!)

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Slingerlands, New York
“Great food, very homey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

I worry everytime I go, as the customers all seem to be quite old! There is a review posted in the lobby from the 70's or 80's! I go as they are one of few diners that has a hood veggieburger, and they will do it however you like it. Mushroom/swiss for example. Their fish is also good. The waitresses are very friendly, and I am comforted to know the coffee rules when I walk in: unlimited with a meal, one fillup coffee only. And yes, the cookie on the way out is a nice treat!

Visited July 2011
Rensselaer, New York
“Poor Service, Old Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

I went there for lunch on Tueday with a coworker and ordered the roast chicken. Absolutely no taste at all!!! It just couldn't be gulfed down. We also had to ask the waitress two times for our refills and it took her forever to make it to our table My coworker order the reuben; it wasn't bad but the fries were burnt. It's a good thing I had the mashed potato. Nevertheless, we were not impressed!!!

Visited July 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Running on fumes....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

While visiting relatives in the area I always request that we eat at the EGD. We were all disappointed this time. Two of us had spanikopita. It tasted like it was microwaved as the phyllo was so chewy. The fries should have been cooked longer.The food was so mediocre. The best food was the free cookies at the cash register and the bread. The waitress was cheerful and efficient. We won't be returning.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“this cute little diner has a great atmophere and awesome meals (especially the breakfast).”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2008