“Rest & relax” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Gainesville, Georgia, USA
“Rest & relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was in 3 hotels in one week from lower Manhattan to Courtyard to Marquis. This is a nice place to relax until my next tourist trap (Time Square). I was on airport side and thought I wouldn't get any rest because of the planes, but it really was pretty quiet. Bed was the best one. Very clean. Desk personnel were nice, but the men that handled the ride in front were just awesome. Soooo nice & helpful. I got on the wrong bus coming back at night. I didn't know where I was, in pain, & scared. I called the hotel and they got a car to me very quick. Thank you so much. I was a little confused on where they actually wanted you to sit for meals & not drinks,

Room Tip: Don't worry much about the noise. I had no problem on airport side.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
CourtyardNYLaGuardia, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott LaGuardia, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay at the Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport. It is always our desire to provide our guests with comfortable accommodations and exceptional service to ensure their stay with us is great. We were thrilled to hear that our associates took such good care of you and got you back to the hotel after your adventures. We hope that the next time you are visiting the area you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Close to NYC, right next to La Guardia airport. Room is comfortable with ample living space and nicely decorated. Unfortunately parking is not included and neighbourhood did not feel the safest. We got super service from the restaurant staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CourtyardNYLaGuardia, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott LaGuardia, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport for your recent stay in the area. We are delighted that our location, rooms, and hotel staff were all enjoyed during your time here. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Please come back and see us again soon.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This Courtyard has undergone major renovation the last couple years. New lobby and new room furnishings. Very close to airport and van service is every 15 minutes. A small restaurant and bar that serves good food w/TVs to watch sports but does not offer room service.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardNYLaGuardia, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott LaGuardia, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport. We truly appreciate your review and are glad that you enjoyed our hotel’s location, our complimentary shuttle service and our onsite restaurant, the Big Apple Bar & Grille. The next time you are visiting the area we hope that you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

From check in to boarding the free shuttle to the airport, this place was all good. The staff was pleasant, the room was spacious, the bar was happening - with many TV's on to keep up with the latest sports. There were many areas around the lobby for relaxing, getting online, etc. As airport hotels go, I'd stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardNYLaGuardia, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott LaGuardia, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport and for sharing your comments with us. We’re delighted that our staff, rooms, and amenities were all enjoyed by you. Our hotel does offer complimentary 24-hour shuttle service to and from LaGuardia Airport for our guests convenience; we are glad you found this service to be beneficial. Please come back and see us again soon.
Oviedo, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Having traveled for years, I was hesitant to book a hotel near a busy airport. But having a late night arrival and early morning departure, I wanted someplace close. This place was tremendous. We never heard one airplane all night. The rooms are very acceptable and the staff was very friendly. With the new decor, we could not have asked for a nicer place to get a night's rest.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CourtyardNYLaGuardia, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott LaGuardia, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
What a lovely review, thank you. We are thrilled that you had a restful night’s stay at the Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport and found our associates to be so friendly. It is always wonderful to hear from our guests and learn what a great experience they had. We hope the next time you are in the area you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back.
Naples, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

To be honest, the front desk staff were welcoming and friendly. Thanked me for being a gold member. But despite the updated lobby, the room were tired and worn (peeling wallpaper etc). As the Courtyard does not offer room service, I went down to the restaurant to order a salad. I did not order it "to go" because I don't care for my dinner to be eaten out of styrofoam (when I order it from the same hotel I'm staying in).
The bartender said he could not allow me to take the salad 'plate' to the room, hotel policy.... Really?
I think rather than argue with me, he said, "do what ever you want". Really again? I had already left him a 20% tip.
I am Diamond Hilton member and wanted to stay at more Marriott hotels, but was disappointed at this hotel. So review: Average, at best.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Although you have expressed an appreciation for our front desk staff, it was disappointing to learn that overall your stay was not as you had anticipated. We apologize for your experience but we are grateful for your feedback. Thank you for letting us know about your concerns; we hope to welcome you back one day for a stay that exceeds your expectations.
los angeles, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before and the renovations have given this Courtyard and fresh and updated look. You can't beat the location to LGA with the shuttle running promptly every 15 minutes. I was told breakfast ran through 11:30am but was disappointed to find breakfast service had just stopped at 11am when I arrived at the hotel's restaurant. I was offered to grab something off the buffet they were putting away, but who wants to eat food that has been sitting around for a few hours. I took my disappointment and issue to the hotel's general manager who quickly addresses my complaint by personally going to the kitchen and having the chef make a few eggs for me. I really appreciated him going the extra mile to turn a bad situation into a good one and delivering outstanding customer service. I will continue to stay and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardNYLaGuardia, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott LaGuardia, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
We cannot thank you enough for sharing your comments with us and for your recommendation for the Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport. If ever anything about a guest’s stay is amiss, we encourage them to speak to an associate or manager promptly so that we may address and rectify the situation. Thank you for allowing us to attend to your concern regarding the breakfast so that you could go back to enjoying your stay with us. Please visit us again soon.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott LaGuardia? Share your experiences!