“You'd never know you were at an airport hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Fort Worth, Texas
“You'd never know you were at an airport hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised how quiet our room was! And SO convenient to LGA. Shuttle picked us up right away and we were checking in within 10 minutes. Room was very clean and larger than other area hotels in which I've stayed; a king with a small sofa sleeper - perfect for our teenaged son. Business trip for my husband that my son and I tagged along. Bed was very comfortable. Concierge helped us call for a limo to take us into Manhattan the next morning. $49 + tip for a stretch, which we got a kick out of. About a 20-minute drive in on a Sunday morning. Front desk staff was very nice and welcoming.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard for business last week, and after checkout I realized I had left my business notebook in the room. I called the hotel and Mr. Esmael Paybarah, Director of Housekeeping was very helpful. He confirmed that the book was in the room, took my address and promptly mailed it back to me. Thank you!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with connecting doors, I could hear every sound my very noise neighbor made!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was originally built during the 1964 World's Fair. It feels like an old motel. Heating AC unit was taped together with duct tape. Cannot open windows. Beds ok, not the usual great Marriott beds, not thick duvet. Restaurant staff excellent; food average. Check in computers not functioning. Not impressed, glad I was staying only one night. Marriott needs to regulate and make their hotels consistent instead of hit or miss.

• Stayed April 2013
Antibes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I flew in about 11am last Thursday. Made the call to retrieve the Shuttle. It arrived in under 10 minutes. The Hotel is 2 minutes from the airport. When it was time to leave on Monday, 10 min wait and directly to the airline. I found the front desk personnel to be very helpful and pleasant throughout my stay of 4 nights. I attended a conference held at the hotel and the room and refreshments were fine. I really liked my room, spacious and comfortable with high def TV. For being an airport hotel, I thought it exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The beds are nice, the room is nice, the front desk staff is very nice too. Ok, no free parking ($22), But, everything else seems great. So everything points to a great nights sleep, right? WRONG! Marriott has cheaped out by not letting its loyal guests cool the rooms enough to get a decent night's sleep. Our room was warm and stuffy and when we called to ask how to generate cool air, rather than just fan, we were told "There is no air conditioning. It's still turned off." The problem with turning off the AC all winter, fall, and spring, is that the inside of the room does not know what season it is. If you need to open a window at night, then it is too light to sleep. Why provide people with a nice warm comforter which does nothing but create a nice sweat as you lie awake staring at the ceiling all night. We did call for an extra blanket hoping to receive a lighter one with which to replace the too warm comforter, but they brought us…another comforter! We came here planning to book this property again for next month, but we will not. We don't trust they will have AC, or, if they do, that it won't be centrally controlled. We have been running into this same problem at Marriotts around the globe - even the very nice ones. They clearly don't care enough about keeping their loyal customers happy and well rested! Signed by a bleary eyed unrested (former) Marriott customer!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lexington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I don't know how the engineers did it, but this hotel is completely quiet even though it's right across the road from La Guardia--so close you can smell the jet fume when you stand outside the hotel. The room is exceptionally spacious and serene. It felt like a real sanctuary. The downside is you do need a car, as there's no public transportation nearby. The front desk was brusque, but hey it's New York so don't take it personally.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The room and bathroom were nice-sized and clean, the bed was WONDERFUL. Good TV, good channels, the lighting, really no complaints. As another reviewer said, no room service, but I was able to order food from the downstairs restaurant and bring it up. Everyone I encountered was pleasant and helpful, from t check-in, in the restaurant, and the shuttle driver. And the price wasn't out of control. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I personally always request a room away from the elevators, but that's just me!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Courtyard by Marriott LaGuardia? Share your experiences!