My company put me up in this hotel. It use to be a Clarion, but apparently they hotel was not being run up to their standards, so they pulled their name and the hotel renamed itself The Landing. I will make sure our company never uses this hotel again. I have never stayed in a hotel where the hallways slanted down. The hotel is built on a hill, and instead of level hallways and series of stairs, the hallways had a fairly steep angle. The carpet was old, dirty, needed vacuuming and had wrinkles in it as if it needed to be stretched. The hallways smelled of cigarette smoke and mildew, even though it is supposedly a smoke free hotel. The first room I was assigned was at the end of a very long, narrow hallway. It was so small that you couldn't pull the chair away from the desk without hitting the bed. It smelled strongly of cigarette smoke and mildew--even worse than the hallway. Besides that I was on the 1st floor and my room was on the end of the hotel overlooking a very busy intersection. I was afraid if someone took a turn too fast, the would crash into my room. I requested another room and that one was a little better and on the 3rd floor. Same steep hallways, though. The carpet is stained and dirty and the wall paper was peeling off. The light fixtures in the hallway had cracks in them and the walls were beaten up. The shuttle van is run down and has a large rip in the seat where you get in.
The front desk staff was not friendly. Having said all that, both mornings I managed to miss the shuttle and the front desk was able to call the driver and he came back and made special runs to the airport for me (I had business meetings in the airport). Now if this hotel is truly closing as the shuttle bus driver told me, then that explains the bad attitude of the staff and poor condition of the hotel and rooms. I would definitely not stay here again. Hopefully it does close because it really needs to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landing at LaGuardia formerly the Clarion at LaGuardia Airport is the closest hotel to La Guardia Airport. Our cafe is open daily from 5pm to 11pm. We are easily accessible to all parts of New York City - Manahttan, Long Island, Queens, Brooklyn & the Bronx! Great for short & extended stays. Located near Flight Safety International, LaGuardia Airport, Flushing Meadow Park, Astoria Power, Randall's Island and much, much more. We have parking available, bus parking as well, which makes our location ideal for groups and individual travelers alike. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure The Landing at Laguardia has something to offer you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your The Landing at LaGuardia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion East Elmhurst
- Clarion La Guardia Airport
- The Landing At LaGuardia New York/East Elmhurst