“Very Convenient to LaGuardia Airport” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Colorado
“Very Convenient to LaGuardia Airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is a budget hotel within walking distance of LaGuardia airport. They do have an airport shuttle, but we walked from the main terminal to the hotel in just 9 short minutes (in the snow). Our room was clean and comfortable, no issues at all. You could really hear other people closing their doors and talking in the hallway, but it was not a problem at night. We had a room facing 94th Street and we could hear the traffic and snow plows going up and down the road, but we were not awakened by any street noise. The heater was nice and quiet - worth mentioning! They had a decent breakfast of eggs, bacon, bagels, fruit, etc. If you have AAA you can get a much better rate than the regular internet rate. If you are traveling in and out of LGA, it's very convenient. We stayed here once before and traveled into Times Square via the bus and train. It wasn't too inconvenient, so if you want to use this is a base hotel while you visit NYC, it would work for that as well.

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Wilmington, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

First...waited at the airport for the shuttle...it didn't come so the Enterprise car driver gave us a lift and dropped us 1 block from the hotel..the bus was just sitting in their parking lot..it was 24 degrees out btw. Greeted at the door with blaringly loud music....went to get a soda for my son as we were sent here by our airline when we had to de-plane and were both hungry and thirsty...they had no change of a $20.00..to the guy at the counters saavy, he just gave the soda to my son. The girl at the front desk was not even remotely friendly...when I came down again to ask for a toothbrush and toothpaste as our luggage was on the plane...she literally threw them on the counter. Ahh...whatever happened to customer service and just plain ole' humanity....they should be ashamed....as should American Airlines for sending us there.. I wonder if they send their executive clients there? don't think so.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is somewhat dated but don't be put off. Spacious bedrooms. Had to be the comfiest bed and pillows We have ever came across. Free wi-fi is great. Plenty of drawers and cupboard space to unpack 3 large suitcases. Rooms cleaned with Clean towels every day. Piping hot water with bath & shower over bath. Microwave AND fridge in bedroom. No kettle but we just bought some mugs and boiled the water in microwave to make our cuppas. Heater brilliant in the room. Bus stop just outside the hotel. I would recommend you purchase the unlimited metro card which you can use on the bus And Subway. It takes about 30 minutes to get into the centre of NYC. Our friends were staying in the centre of NYC and their hotel wasn't a patch on ours. They were charged $40 for 4 days wi-fi and their bedroom was tiny. Oh and there is also a little convenience store within walking distance from the hotel which also cooks delicious hot food.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Troon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I arrived with my friends (5 of us) for a week and when I gave my hotel voucher checking in, the man at reception quite clearly never read it and put us all in ONE room. When I realised I pulled him straight away and had to show him we had booked 2 rooms! The problem was rectified straight away and we went to look at our rooms, I was very pleased at my room 309 and was happy I was spending a week here! We had no problems within the week at all, everyone in the hotel was cheerful and very helpful its a place I would go back. Housekeeping deserve a lot more mentions here because my room was always clean and had fresh towels. The room was also lovely and warm, it had a self control system you can change your self which was really good! Now for something that mine seem silly but......PAPER PLATES AND PLASTIC CUTLERY? Really! This is the only small fault I do have in such a lovely hotel this ruins it! For the location it was out of the way and we did have to travel a while to see the sights but that was not an issue at all as we were tourists and enjoyed the travel! I ate in the hotel one night and OMG it was gorg (philly cheese sandwich with fries and pickle) again though served on paper plates and plastic cutlery..... big thumbs down there! Last thing it offered Free WiFi which was an added bonus

Room Tip: 309 was a lovely room had a lovely view also looking onto the bridge at night it was lovely!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
ClarionLGA, Manager at Clarion Hotel La Guardia Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Scottish Doll,
Thank you so much for your generous review. I will be sure to share it with the team!
We hope you will visit us again the next time you are in the NYC/Queens/LaGuardia area.
Best,
Vanessa Penson
Manager
Salisbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This a decent, no frills hotel, although better kept than some in that range. The room was file an and had a good bed and bathroom. Another reviewer called it horrid. I don't think he knows how horrid a low cost NYC is like. I found it just fine for my purposes. Said reviewer was correct- they do have a good burger.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I chose this hotel because of it's proximity to a business that I was visiting. I checked out 2 days early because it was horrid. There was no bar/lounge/restaurant/café. There was a very kind gentleman working a grill and served a great hamburger on a PAPER PLATE, WITH PLASTIC UTENSILS that you had to pick up, no room service. They do not have a liquor license to serve any alcohol. The hall's are extremely steep, as in walking up a hill, so if you are not healthy, ask for the first room off the elevator. So, I would call ahead to see what they really have in place if you are looking to stay long.

Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Clarion is the only hotel I could find that offered a free shuttle for La Guardia. That doesn't mean there aren't others, but I looked at many hotels in the area. The hotel is only about 3 minutes from the drop off curb at the airport, so you can sneak in those few extra minutes of sleep in the morning if you have an early flight. When I arrived in NYC, I realized I accidentally reserved the wrong night, and the manager kindly refunded my "no show" charge when I showed up at check-in. The front desk staff was very friendly. Rooms are typical size for NY (small), but clean, and they have obviously put some effort into the décor recently. Nice framed pictures of NY landmarks on the wall and modern colors and updated light fixtures. Hotel is on a hill, and the hallways are actually on an incline. Also, they are some of the longest hallways I've ever seen! Reminded me of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory! These are not a complaints, just funny quirks that makes the hotel original. Little restaurant in the hotel with a chef that cooks in plain sight right next to the tables. Good food. Also, a great little pizza place about a 15 minute walk that the staff can give you directions to, with the Manhattan skyline in view as you walk. I already have a 2 night reservation for this hotel for next weekend when I have my next trip to the city.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Been to Clarion Hotel La Guardia Airport? Share your experiences!