“A good value stay in a great location” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 10 hotels in East Elmhurst
Olathe, Kansas
“A good value stay in a great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This hotel offers a cost conscious option remarkably close to the airport. The rooms were of average size for the chain class and the bathrooms were typical of a New York hotel. Check in and out process was very easy. On site valet parking was nice. Almost everyone from the parking crew were nice. The hotel is close to the city and in the right traffic you could get to lower Manhattan and mid town under 30 minutes via the midtown tunnel. Being close to the airport brings with it the obvious noise, but they are silent at night. If you are looking for a cheap and short stay, I surely recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ClarionLGA, Manager at Clarion Hotel La Guardia Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear netTravel12,

Thank you for your post. Our Park and Fly program is indeed a great value and I am happy to know you were able to take advantage of it. Our shuttle runs 24hrs a day which makes it really convenient for guests flying out at any time. I will let our drivers and valets know they are doing a great job.
Thank you so much for choosing the Clarion LaGuardia.
We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!
Best,

255 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Waterbury, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This hotel was bad since before we even got there. However, it is the cheapest for parking and flying in the La Guardia airport area. I called the front desk for help on pricing and the girl was not very helpful. The company was advertising a 30% off sale on rooms so I wanted to know what parking would be if I didn't do the park and fly package, but all she would say is to do the park and fly and then didn't take any time to take a reservation, just hung up. When we got to the hotel, the lady at the front desk was still not very friendly, just briefed and rushed. The rooms were more like luxury jail cells with rock hard beds and a bathroom that I could barely fit in. At 6AM the smoke detector started going off while I was in the shower because of the steam. I jumped out and called the front desk and he said he'd send someone up but to try turning it to the left. I did and it pulled the smoke detector off the wall, which the front desk person seemed mad at me and said I turned it too far. He said he'd send someone up later to fix it. After returning from our trip, we called the parking people for a shuttle back. They said they would be there in 5-10 minutes. It took us no more than 15 minutes to get to the road and the shuttle wasn't there. He came 10-15 minutes later and then started yelling at us that we called to early after we landed and it only takes him 5 minutes to get there so he drove around to every terminal looking for us, which took him 20 minutes. So had he just been patient and waited a few minutes for us, he would have saved himself and us about 10-15 minutes. Next time I go to fly out of La Guardia I think I'll spend the extra $40 and stay at the Marriot.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ClarionLGA, Manager at Clarion Hotel La Guardia Airport, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear valued guest,
I'm sorry that you had problems with your stay and the confusion with the shuttle service. I appreciate your input and have made efforts to relay the importance of good communication between our staff and guests calling from the airport. Most first time visitors don't realize how close the Clarion is to LaGuardia airport and how quickly our drivers get to the pick up stop. When our agents say 5-10 minutes, it really is hat. Unfortunately shuttles cannot wait at the pick up spots at the terminals so if the guest isn't there the shuttle cannot wait. Therefore I have instructed the agents answering the calls to really clearly communicate with the guests. To make sure they are in the right area etc. hopefully this will help guests in the future.
Again, thank you for your post.
Happy new year,
Schenectady
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed at the Clarion for two nights in August, 2013. It's not a fancy hotel, but it's just fine. The housekeeping staff is very friendly and works really hard. My room was very clean. We really appreciate the complimentary continental breakfast. It was perfect and saved us a ton of time each morning. A special thank you to Gina at the front desk. She was so friendly and could not have been more accommodating. She went out of her way to help me find the best rate available, helped us out with information and other requests, and made our stay so easy. Thank you, Gina!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear jackie F,
Thank you for your kind words about the housekeeping and front desk staff! I have shared your generous review with Gina as well so she knows what a great job she is doing. I am pleased you found your room comfortable and clean. I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.
New York, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed at the Clarion La Guardia for one night so that I didn't have to get up in the middle of the night to catch an early morning flight. The night was not restful - I might as well have stayed at home (I live in the NYC area). I was "welcomed" at about 8.30pm by two reception staff who looked as bored as could be (one of them had sought relief from her boredom deep in the screen of her cellphone), and by an overpowering smell of fried food. In fact, someone was waving a plate at the bored receptionist and asking if she wanted some fried chicken, All that was missing was a flickering neon "vacancies" sign behind the desk to complete the "I'm in a bad movie" impression. My room was clean, but had a musty smell. The bathroom smelled strongly of bleach, and was mostly very clean, but the housekeeper had not bothered to remove the previous guest's hair from the bathtub. Although the bed was comfortable, noise from the hallway never stopped. If it was not galloping footsteps (the hallways slope, as many reviewers have pointed out), it was the ice and vending machines, which instead of being in a side room of their own are right there in the open. There is coffee available 24 hours in the lobby, but be prepared to see spills and discarded sweetener packets and stirrers all over the place, as the area is never cleaned. Would be so much better to put coffee machines in the rooms. My verdict? OK for one night, if you get a good deal. But the staff have no pride in this place, and the management has lost its grip.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor (ground level) as the noise from the lobby and hallway is constant.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Hi my friends, I stayed in hotel in sept. 2013 and I lived in the 1st floor. Bathroom & room was clean each day. Big TV, telephone, strong signal on wi-fi. I think its ideal place for students, young couples, travellers around world...
Breakfast were good. Every day the same american sweet food, but OK :)

Great location, bus station is near the place. So you can travell to the centre of city easily.

Room Tip: Dont use air condition too much :)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Plattsburgh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed here with my girlfriend, as we were going on a cruise. We drove down from upstate and spent the night there; we also left our car for the Park and Fly Package! What a steal! Much cheaper than any other deal we saw... not to mention that the parking lot staff was fantastic, and all around great environment.
Recommended already to friends heading down the New York City for their cruise!

Room Tip: room 205 for a king.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Steve,
Thank you for your recent review. I am so happy to hear you we're pleased with the park and fly program and found it to be a great value!
West Hempstead, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The morning front desk agent was very friendly and always had a smile on her face. Even though she had a couple of guest before me she always acknowledged that I was there. When it was my turn she was helpful with ideas to do around. The rooms were very cleaned and spacious! I went down to their cafe and luckily they had happy hour which was great because I didn't have go out to grab a drink. Over all I had a wonderful time, I will definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Eugenia,
I am pleased you were able to take advantage of happy hour at the Clarion! It seems to be a big hit! I also am pleased to hear that you found our front desk help, friendly and accommodating. Good, friendly, efficient customer service is our primary goal. Happy to hear to you found the too s spacious and clean as well.
Thank you for choosing the Clarion LaGuardia.
Vanessa Penson

Been to Clarion Hotel La Guardia Airport? Share your experiences!