“Should have stayed here both nights” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 10 hotels in East Elmhurst
Louisville, Kentucky
“Should have stayed here both nights”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My family came to New York for a special event and we stayed here the night before we were leaving because it is next to the airport. It not only was close to the airport with shuttle service but for the money was a much cheaper deal than what i received at another hotel in the city. I could have paid taxi fare to travel in to the city and it would have been a better deal. The hotel is nothing fancy but it serves its purpose and offers free breakfast as well. It was clean and staff friendly. I do have to say that there was a odd smell in the hallway and the air was not turned on when we got to our room but that was rectified.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ClarionLGA, Manager at Clarion Hotel La Guardia Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Cateyes C,

I am so happy to see that you were satisfied with your stay here at the Clarion LaGuardia. I am so happy that you found our location convenient to both LaGuardia AND NYC-Manhattan. We are just minutes away. We try to provide great value to our guests with affordable rates and quality services.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and the travelling TripAdvisor community.
Hope to see you back here soon.
Best,

279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I like staying here. The building is different, very vintagy, while the bathrooms are small, and the tubs about half the size of a normal bathtub, I still like the throwback feel of the place. I have not had any problems here, even the staff is very nice. Last June when I stayed here, the manager on duty was very nice and went out of his way to assist me in getting my uniforms cleaned. You can open the windows too, as I like to get fresh air and hear the sounds of the neighborhood. Very close to LGA airport

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear tashalynn29,
Thank you so much for posting such a generous review! I am happy to hear that our staff goes above and beyond to assist our guests!
Hope to see you again soon.
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I got booked at Clarion through United Airlines due to a delayed flight. The location and shuttle are convenient but not worth the sacrifice of cleanliness/quality. The bed covers had stains on them, there was long black hair found throughout the room, the bathroom floor was stained, and the fridge smelled like rotting food. Even though the airline covered the cost, I was shocked to see the price was $185 for the night. This hotel negatively affected my perception of United Airlines. This is honestly one of the worst hotels I've stayed in to date.

• Stayed May 2013
ClarionLGA, Manager at Clarion Hotel La Guardia Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear 80Wolves,

I'd like to take the opportunity to say thank you for both taking the time to post a review as well as bringing to my attention the issues you faced during your stay. As a result I will be able to fix these issues and make sure they don't happen again. I'm sorry that you weren't satisfied with your stay and hope that we will have the opportunity to show you the changes we have made.
Narberth, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Being from out of town, I needed a place to stay the night before my uncle's funeral. This hotel was not far from the funeral parlor. The funeral parlor said this would be a moderately priced place. It was moderately priced. It was also moderately lousy. When we checked in, the room we were given was ALREADY OCCUPIED. The beds were unmade, the bathroom was quite filthy, and there were clothes all over the room. When we were given a different room, it was at the end of a hallway that seemed to go on for miles. I half-expected to see Jack Nicholson jump out and say "Here's Johnny!" I've seen closets that were larger than this room, but that wasn't really a problem. Here are the problems: 1) The phone didn't work 2) The hair dryer had all the parts taken out and smelled bad as well. 3) Worst of all, the toilet ran all night. When I told the clerk all this when checking out, instead of at least saying she was sorry, she said she'll tell maintenance. A lot of good that did me. By the way, the breakfast coffee & juice were fine. However, that was all you could eat since the breakfast cereal was stale. Parking was an extra fee as well. All in all, I can't recommend this place. I had never stayed at a Clarion before, but I had the impression that, being a national chain, this hotel would be a step above. Actually, it was a couple of steps below

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear HarrytheK1,
Thank you for your review. It is always our goal to make guests 100% satisfied during their stay. We try to address any maintenance problems as soon as we are aware of the problem. It is our hope that if our guest has a problem with a room that they give us the opportunity to rectify the situation immediately so as to make the best stay possible.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We needed a hotel close to LGA for an early morning flight - I was hesitant to book this being a 2 1/2 star hotel, but it all worked out fine. The hotel is older - hallways and carpeting need updating, however, the beds were comfortable, the room and bathroom was clean.

The bathroom is small and the tub area is narrow, but other than that, I would stay here again if I need a LGA Airport hotel. It is very close to the airport and the shuttle was prompt in pick up and drop off. We did not eat in the restaurant but chose to explore the area.

Check-in and check-out was efficient and Hotel Staff very friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ClarionLGA, Manager at Clarion Hotel La Guardia Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Travel Princess,
Thank you so much for your great review. We really appreciate guests taking the time to post reviews. I am pleased to hear that you found the services, location, staff and atmosphere pleasing and am thrilled to know you will stay with us again in the future.
Thanks again!
Tifton, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Thankfully, we were only booked here one night, awaiting a flight to Europe. The most positive thing I can say about this hotel is that it is very convenient to La Guardia and JFK - we flew in one and out of the other. We used the hotel shuttle from La Guardia, and it arrived quickly after we called. The evening reception seemed a bit lacking, but the lady at the desk the next morning was pleasant and professional. The room itself was uninviting and needed attention. The spread on one bed had a burn hole in it, and it appeared that someone had scribbled on it as well as on the bathroom wall. I must admit I was so tired I slept well so maybe I can say that the bed was comfortable enough.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I am pleased to see that you did find our location convenient to your travel needs using both LaGuardia airport and JFK both. I was also pleased to find that you found the services and staff pleasant and efficient.
I am sorry that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay and will take your reviews to the staff to make the necessary changes.
Thank you for taking the time to post!
Best,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Arrived at La Guardia at almost 11pm and just needed to stay somewhere near the airport so we easily can pick up our rental car the next morning. As the taxi turned out of the airport Clarion was the first thing we saw. Turned out that Dollar Rental was right next to it so we thought luck was on our side. For $170 there was a scent of rat urine along the corridor to the elevator, no ventilation in the bathroom, really crappy breakfast that ends at 10am sharp because the staff will clear the food immediately!! My friend read about the weird sloped corridor, we saw it! It's real! The front desk staff were not really friendly nor helpful. Most of the hotel staff looked rather grouchy. It was a great location for us, decent sleep (luckily no bed bugs) but with lousy smell and service.

• Stayed April 2013
ClarionLGA, Manager at Clarion Hotel La Guardia Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Tangylime,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. I am sorry that there were some problems with your stay. I'm sorry you weren't satisfied with the breakfast options, on the bright side, we are soon changing the breakfast options to include hot items in additional to the deluxe continental items. Our current breakfast hours are 6am to 10:30am. I hope you will give us another try. Please feel free to contact me directly if you want to return. My email is Vanessa@newyorkclarion.com.
Vanessa Penson-Manager

Been to Clarion Hotel La Guardia Airport? Share your experiences!