“Clean” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Minneapolis
“Clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

According to my flight attendant sister, Clarions can be iffy. So it was with trepidation that we stayed at the Clarion near Laguardia. We had a very nice stay. Room 208 (king) overlooks the parking lot but is very near an emergency exit and the elevator. It was clean and on the smallish side and was in mostly good condition. Breakfast was included which was great if you're a carb lover. Refrigerator and microwave in the room was a really nice feature. Had to open the window as the room was too warm and it just doesn't feel right to turn on a very noisy air conditioner in February. Shuttles bring you to the airport on the hour and half-hour. Would stay again. A Travelocity offer made this too good to pass up. If you have a car, reserve parking ahead. People in the hotel can park for $9 a day. We were the last lucky hotel guest to get a spot on a Saturday.

Room Tip: King room 208 is close to elevator and emergency exit but it not loud.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ClarionLGA, Manager at Clarion Hotel La Guardia Airport, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Ann J,

We so appreciate when guests take the time and make the effort to post reviews, particularly as thorough as yours is. So thank you!
Moreover, I am so pleased that we were able to ease your reticence with regards to the Clarion brand, and hope we have made a lifelong fan out of you.
I am pleased to see that you were able to take advantage of our 24hr airport shuttle service as well as our Free Breakfast. With regards to your room, I am happy you found it quiet and comfortable, thouugh you should also know that rm 308 is, actually, our smaller king size rooms. If you should choose to come back, you may ask for a different king size room, that will be larger.
Well, again, thank you!
Have a great weekend.
Vanessa Penson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We first stayed at this hotel before cruising out of New York City in the fall of 2011. We had such a wonderful time, we made a point of going back to stay here in the spring of 2012. The hotel is just blocks from the airport. We left LaGuardia's terminal, and within seconds were at the hotel. We were early, and our room was not ready, so they held our bags for us so we could do some sightseeing. The staff were so helpful, especially since we were a little nervous, never having been to the city on our own. They gave us good information, and made us confident that we could navigate public transportation into Manhattan. We had initially mistakenly reserved a smoking room and they very nicely changed our room to what we wanted. The rooms were very clean, updated and served our purposes very well. We plan to continue to use this hotel every time we come to the city.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ClarionLGA, Manager at Clarion Hotel La Guardia Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Nancy,
Thank you for choosing the Clarion again! It is the best compliment when guests choose us time and again. We try to make each of our guest's stay as comfortable and seamless as possible. Many of our guests travel back and forth to Manhattan so we provide directions, maps and options. Additionally, you can see and print out our Commuter Guide. Ans to make the trip even easier, for those guests taking public transportation we sell metrocards on site.

Thank you for posting and I hope you will come back and visit us again, soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Came to New York for a Family re union. My experience was great from the moment i landed at the airport and was picked up by the friendly driver who shuttled me to the hotel. The front desk agent was very nice and was able to accommodate me with an early check in. I was very pleased when i arrived to my room and saw that it was updated and clean which is the most important to me. The housekeeping staff were able to supply me with extra towels within 10 minutes after requesting them. i would definitely recommend this hotel and come back and stay with them. Close to the airport and to Manhattan and the price was right too.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Natalie D.,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of the Clarion LaGaurdia. I am happy to hear that our staff made you comfortable and that you found the accommodations satisfying. If you are back in the area soon--or to your relatives who live nearby, our cafe is roling out a new and improved dinner menu.
Come by and give it a try!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

This was the best hotel I have ever stayed in. They took care of us so nicely. They really treated us like family. I will never go to any hotel except for this one in NY ever again. Everyone has to stay there. I'm sure u will fall in love with this hotel!!! Also the food is awesome!

• Stayed September 2012
ClarionLGA, Manager at Clarion Hotel La Guardia Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Meg,

Wow! What a great review. Thank you so much for posting! It is such a great feeling to hear that you felt at home here at the Clarion LaGuardia. Our staff tries hard to cater to all our guests' individual needs, whether staying overnight or long term. We have such a variety of guests who stay with us from vacationing families, to business people to distressed passengers. We are always striving to learn the individual needs o fthe different guests to make each person's stay the best we can. We are currently updating both our breakfast and dinner menus, so if you come back to the NYC area, remember to check us out again.
Thanks again and happy travelling!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

all the staff (front desk, van drivers, managers, late night cook) i meet were pleasant. The rooms are clean and the bed is comfortable and warm covers. The hotel is worn, the hallways decor and my room looked this way. I was given this room by Usair because my flight was cancelled, so I got what I paid for. If looking for a good place to sleep this is the place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear David L.,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Clarion LaGuardia. Many of our guests first visit us as distressed passengers, placed here by the airlines. As such, these guests, like yourself, really get to see our team in action--from our shuttle drivers-running back and forth to the airport 24hrs-7 days a week, our amazing front desk staff that works hard to check-in guests quickly and smoothly to our hardworking housekeeping staff that strives to make every room feel like home. I will surely share your review with the staff. And again, thank you!
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Really enjoyed my staying in Clarion hotel recently. The frontdesk staff are very friendly and helpful. They are so patient in answering all my questions. The room is clean and comfortable. The location is great for travel to city and La guardia Airport. Absolutely I will choose to stay in this hotel again when I travle to NYC next time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
ClarionLGA, Manager at Clarion Hotel La Guardia Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Yan G,

Thank you for choosing the Clarion hotel at LaGuardia and thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am pleased to see that you found our rooms comfortable, and of course clean :) and that you found the front desk staff helpful and friendly.
I will share your review with them.
I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again in the future.
Until then, happy and safe travels!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recently stayed there while working Hurricane Sandy relief. The Management, Staff, Cooks and Valet made my stay absolutly wonderful. There is nothing better than returning after a 12-16 hour work day to find such accomidating and pleasing staff smiling and ensuring your comfort. Vanessa was extremly helpful with all the advise of the surrounding area and ensuring our room was perfect. Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Just ask the front desk and you will recieve!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Eric W.,

Thank you so much for your generous review of The Clarion LGA. The whole staff was so grateful to all the people who came to work in NY to help with the Sandy Hurricane releif effort. We considered ourselves very lucky to get to know many of you while you stayed her in New York. We don't always get to have guests staying with us for such long periods of time and are so happy to hear that we made your stay comfortable.
For guest working in the area like yourself, we have made a number of changes to accommodate the long stays and make long term guests feel more comfortable. We have added microwave & refrigerators to rooms to accommodate the longer stays. We have made changes to our dinner menu. I personnaly try to find out the needs of these guests to help them better navigate the local area, so as to make the most of their stays. I am so happy to hear it paid off.
I hope that if and when you return to the NYC area you will come stay with us again and say hello to your family and home away from home!
Manager

Been to Clarion Hotel La Guardia Airport? Share your experiences!