“Overnight stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Coimbatore
“Overnight stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as it is very near to the La Guardia Airport having to catch an early morning flight. Hotel is average and smells old. Room is fine but the A/C will only spit hot air that kept us awake and made sure we will not miss the flight.

For the amount charged, the facilities are barely adequate. ANy way travellers like us have no choice!

Room Tip: The floors are like aa maze. Choose a room facing the road but closer to the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ClarionLGA, Manager at Clarion Hotel La Guardia Airport, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guest,
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is so important for travelers to share their experiences. I'm so sorry to hear that you weren't totally satisfied with your stay. If you have time I would ask that you contact me directly at vanessa@newyorkclarion.com so that I can find out more and have the problems you faced resolved and corrected to avoid problems in the future.
I thank you in advance for your time and assistance.
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Revere, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Vanessa at the Clarion LGA has been overly accomodating and extremely pleasant. We have been staying at the Clarion Hotel at LaGuardia Airport for the past 3 months off and on and have communicated very closely with Vanessa. She has never said no to me in requesting rooms, meeting spaces or any other need. She has been absolutely wonderful.

Truthfully, it is people like Vanessa that maintain loyalty to specific hotels. The Clarion Hotel will be #1 on my list when having to travel to New York as long as Vanessa is there and other employees like her.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ClarionLGA, Manager at Clarion Hotel La Guardia Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Okay--well I'm probably a little biased here, but that's the best review ever!
(LOL) Seriously, Thank you so much for your positive review. Companies and crews like yours are so important to our hotel and I am just happy I have been able to offer attractive, affordable rates and great services. That's what I and my whole staff strive for every day with every guest. But again--THANK YOU!
Vanessa
San Fernando, San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at Clarion Hotel for a few days last week and I felt that it was an average trip overall.
For it's location near to La Guardia airport, the hotel is fine. It's practically walking distance or you can take the Q33 bus there. The price was also great.
This was my first trip to NYC and I found the staff was accommodating, particularly the concierge at the front desk for the morning shift last week- I did not get her name though, but she was very pleasant and very helpful.
That was the positive side. The musty smelling, sloping corridor was a bit much for my taste- I felt like I had to run uphill and downhill every morning. Added to that, I did not get much sleep for the walls were thin. I am not sure if there was a room next to or above mine... but there was a constant slamming and moving about of furniture in the wee hours of the morning that made sleep difficult.

Room Tip: If you are staying at La Clarion and you like sleep, do NOT take Room 142.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
ClarionLGA, Manager at Clarion Hotel La Guardia Airport, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Trinivue,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of the Clarion Hotel at LaGuardia. I am very pleased to hear that you found our location convenient. It is indeed one of our greatest selling points. That in addition to our free breakfast & free LGA shuttle.
Unfortunately during your stay we had a maintenance issue withg the ice machine during your stay that leaked, causing the carpet to get very wet. The good news is that the problem has been fixed as well as any associated issues of dampness or odor.
Again, thank you for posting.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Staff helpful and reasonably friendly but we have experienced much better. Only one person on Reception at peak time which made for some long waits. Room had not been recently redecorated as stated on the website and was a bit grubby and tired. Facilities were basic en-suite - no tea/coffee making facilities or fridge. Bed was comfortable. No directions on the website as to how to get the hotel shuttle when you get off the plane so we had to get and pay for a taxi. Very close to airport which was good. We asked for wine glasses and found that there is no crockery, metal cutlery or glass available in the hotel to guests - everything is disposable plastic - very poor. Th fire alarm was sounded at 10.45 pm on our second night. The hotel was not evacuated and the staff knew nothing. The fireman turned up and went away. The next morning the receptionist knew nothing about the previous night's alarm except from guests - very poor. No apology or explanation from management - very poor. Would I recommend the hotel? Having travel extensively throughout the world, I think that there are better places to stay. Sorry, Clarion, but your staff were made aware of our thoughts during our stay and did nothing about our concerns.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am so sorry to hear that we fell short of meeting your expectations. It is certainly our goal to keep our guests satisfied. I want to thank you for bringing to my attention the detail that shuttle pick up instructions were not made available to you online. Most of our guests know to call the hotel, so I was not aware of the possible confusion some of our other guests might face. I will have to look into fixing that immediately.

If there is anything you would like to discuss with me directly, please feel free to contact me directly at vanessa@newyorkclarion.com.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I recently recommended this hotel to friends and they said they had a great time. The front desk was very helpful and friendly and the bar was alot of fun. Very convenient to LaGuardia Airport and Citifield.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ClarionLGA, Manager at Clarion Hotel La Guardia Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Guest Charles M,
I can't thank you enough for your generous review. I am so pleased to hear your friends enjoyed their stay. Many of our guests find our cafe and bar and easy and enjoyable place to have a meal or a drink. Because our shuttle runs free 24hrs to LaGuardia it is also a good place to meet friends coming into LaGuardia without having to circle the airport over and over waiting for arrivals.
The bar has a great selection of beer on tap like Sam Adams and Blue Moon (and seasonal additions), great burgers and buffalo wings too.
Stop by again some time and thank you!
Vanessa Penson, Manager
Waterford, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Very convenient for flying out of Laguardia Airport. When they say check in at 3PM, take it serious, no one could check in before 3. We waited along with others in lounge before any rooms were ready. Hotel layout weird. We had second floor room, got off elevator went down corridor, down ramps of at least 6 to 8 feet down.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ClarionLGA, Manager at Clarion Hotel La Guardia Airport, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Hello and thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your stay and the accommodations we offer. With regards to early check-in. Whenever possible we are happy to grant early check-ins, if a room is available. Depending on that days occupancy and the occupancy from the night before, sometimes it is not possible, but like I said, if possible we are more than happy to check you in early.
Thank you again.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed here to visit the US open tennis and to fly out from La Guardia. The hotel was way over priced for what you got. It all seemed very dated. Transfers were provided for the tennis but when we called to arrange collection in the evening no one answered the phone. The receptionist on arrival back at the hotel ( after a long wait for a taxi) response was "I was busy so couldn't answer the phone. " Airport transfer did run the next morning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ClarionLGA, Manager at Clarion Hotel La Guardia Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Guest,
It is so important for travelers to share their opinions and experiences with their fellow travelers, and sites like TripAdvisor. So we thank you for taking the time to post. I'm sorry that their were any problems with the shuttle service to the US Open. Historically our free US Open shuttle runs quite smoothly on a regular schedule. I'm sorry there was a problem. We alos run the 24hr free LaGuardia shuttle, that it seems you also were able to take advantage of. I am pleased that you found that service to your liking.
Again, thank you for posting.
Vanessa Penson

Been to Clarion Hotel La Guardia Airport? Share your experiences!