“Extremely friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in East Elmhurst
Boston, Massachusetts
“Extremely friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

After a rough flight and unplanned weather diversion to LGA, I was assisted by a very pleasant airport shuttle driver named Rashid who works for the LGA Marriott. He helped me with all of my bags (something the rude NY cabbie would not do for me earlier). The next morning Rashid remembered me and again was very kind in assisting me with my bags from the Marriott back to LGA and apologized to me as a New Yorker for the rude cabbie I had experience. Rashid and the other members of the LGA Marriott made up for my unpleasant weather diversion. Thanks again Rashid!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Good Day,

Thanks for staying with us at the LaGuardia Airport Marriott. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Rasheed was helpful! I’ll be sure to share your comments with them.

239 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Mixed review - family with two teenagers! Booked into a double room. Not very spacious. Breakfast buffet for two. Had to pay for the children. Juice was not even self service !! Got the impression that the service was provided on a budget! Pricing model needs reviewing .. Paid £232 for one night..would get much better value in the Uk or Europe.
Hotel decor looks very tired. Could do with a few modern touches
Although I am a Marriott reward member , I don't think I will be staying at the hotel again..certainly not at that price. Good point - close proximity to the Airport. Overall - not impressed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Good Day,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your concerns. I apologize that we were not able to deliver the standards which you deserve. I take your feedback very seriously and would like to discuss this matter in person. Please phone me at the hotel, 718-533-3000, so that I may better address this matter.

Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Close to airport, people are nice. BUT this hotel has seen better days. Last stay ended up with bug bites. Complained to hotel that they may have bed bugs and asked that they investigate(i checked out and welts showed up in afternoon meeting) and call me back. Never got confirmation so I threw out all my clothes and suitcase. Not worth the risk of contaminating my home. I was storing it all in the garage until they called. I called them 3 times! Even regional Marriott failed to respond to messages. So stay at your own risk but avoid the 9th floor.

Room Tip: Avoid 9th floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Good Day,

We appreciate any and all feedback regarding the LaGuardia Airport Marriott. We also apologize that this stay was not enjoyable. I can assure you that the hotel management and our staff take the issue of pest control, very seriously and share a concern with keeping pests out of the hotel. The safety and comfort of our guests are our top priority. We partner with Ecolab to ensure that issues like this are dealt with in a timely manner. We will continue to be vigilant in our effort to maintain the highest standards of comfort for our guests.

David.salcfas@marriott.com
Los Angeles, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

very comfortable, friendly staff. only problem is there is nothing in walking distance in terms of stores, food, entertainment, but if you're there on work/layover, not a big deal. It also is incredibly close to the airport.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Good Day,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let the team know that they helped you have a great stay with us. All of us at Marriott are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The hotel is very close to Laguardia, and there is a free shuttle to and from the hotel. We had a 9th-floor room with a great view. Our room was clean, mostly; windows were dirty. The first day our room was only partially made up with no replacement amenities, including shampoo and coffee. There is no fridge or microwave, and they are still charging $16.95/day for Internet. The next day our room was not made up at all! The front desk apologized and tried to square it with us, but frankly, I'd prefer it just be done right without having to complain.

Tip: take the free shuttle to airport to catch MTA bus or for taxi into Manhattan. Bus from LGA is $2.50 vs. $40 cab from hotel. The front desk conveniently sells Metrocards which you use for bus or subway. Or take the Q48 MTA bus from the hotel to the nearest subway station. Front desk has MTA maps and info to help.

Stayed October 2013
Good Day,

Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.

All the Best,
Roland, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed the night before our cruise. Very clean, comfortable beds, coffee maker in room. The halls were very quiet. The shuttle was prompt in picking us up from the airport. It is in an isolated location, so don't expect to walk anywhere. We had our evening meal in the bar. The food was good. Desserts were great. The next morning we had the breakfast buffet. It to was good. For the price I would stay there again on a return trip to NYC and just take a taxi into the city.

Good Day,

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the opportunity to have served you. If there is anything we can do to enhance our services in the future, please let us know. We are always listening to our Guests. Thanks again for choosing the LaGuardia Airport Marriott.

Best Reagrds,
718-533-3000
Brentwood, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My first trip to New York for a convention and I had no idea how close the hotel was to LaGuardia Airport (could literally walk). Watched planes landing and taking off from our window; however, it was not that noisy. Bed was comfy, room was clean, and there was plenty of hot water for showers in the morning. Seemed a little pricey, but everything was expensive in New York

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Good Day,

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the LaGuardia Airport Marriott! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Marriott hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon.

David Salcfas

Been to New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!