“Nice Facilities” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Brentwood, Tennessee
“Nice Facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My first trip to New York for a convention and I had no idea how close the hotel was to LaGuardia Airport (could literally walk). Watched planes landing and taking off from our window; however, it was not that noisy. Bed was comfy, room was clean, and there was plenty of hot water for showers in the morning. Seemed a little pricey, but everything was expensive in New York

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Good Day,

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the LaGuardia Airport Marriott! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Marriott hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon.

David Salcfas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is the typical Marriott hotel: clean, fact check-in and check-out, friendly staff. Foyer is big but not impressive, not like Marriott in the town. Here is big room with coffee and tea maker, comfortable bed, good bathroom. Big screen digital LG TV set with enough channels (but honestly I never see CNN in analog mode). Shuttle from LaGuardia runs every 15 minutes. There is no taxi stop, so you have to use car service from hotel ($41 plus toll) or simply go back by shuttle to airport and it will be cheaper.
This hotel as many others make money on water: $3 regular bottle, or $5 for bigger one (it hard to believe that in Manhattan hotels charging up to $10 for bottle of water). Maybe it is New York because every hotel I stayed normally has at least one complimentary bottle.

Room Tip: Bring water and use shuttle back for airport to take taxi. I used express bus "NYC Airporter&q...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Good Day,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the LaGuardia Airport Marriott to your liking. We look forward to serving your travel needs when you return to the New York City area. Please feel free to email me at david.salcfas@marriott.com when your ready.

bay area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I often do not have very high expectations of hotels that are close to airports and this one did not disappoint. I was there only because the UN was in town and the two star hotels in the city wanted upwards of 600$. The location is a about a $20 cab ride from the city. The rooms are a little dated and the lounge is slightly run down. Overall it was average. Every floor has a vending machine and rooms next to it are sandwiched between the vending/ice machine on one side and LaGuardia on the other so it tends to be a bit noisy. Service was quite decent.

The other downside to the place is that cabs are not easy to find if you want to go in to the city. You have to take the shuttle to the airport and then catch a cab there or hire a car service to take you to the city.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not close to the vending/ice machines
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Good Day,

Thank you for your feedback. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure that all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Your review will help us make the necessary improvements, as it was discussed during our most recent team meeting. We hope that next time you’re in the area you will consider staying with us again.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Spent two nights here on consecutive weekends in September 2013. The folks at reception were polite, helpful, and fast. The room was clean and well appointed, and everything seemed to be in good order. The restaurant/bar was excellent, and I ate several meals there. The shuttle to the airport was also helpful and prompt. Frankly there was nothing about this hotel that I disliked. This is everything that you would expect from a full service Marriott property.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Good Day,

Your comments about your experience made me smile. We know it’s the little things that make your stay more comfortable (along with our great location). Hope to see you again soon.

All the Best,

Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

When I booked this hotel I wanted it, as there was a swimming pool advertised on the website brochure - on arrival was disappointed to learn - no pool. However, the hotel was superb, and the staff couldn't have been more polite and helpful. Our room for my 17 y.o girl and myself was beautiful, very comfortable and immaculate - fresh bedlinen, and towels daily.
Nothing was too much trouble.

Breakfast was great too.

If youre seeking a good quality hotel at a reasonable price, and don't want to pay huge prices in NYC, this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Good Day,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let the Entire Team know that they helped you have a great stay with us. All of us at Marriott are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon. It is our Pleasure to serve you.

Advance, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Easy check in and a great location to the La Guardia Airport. The shuttle service runs every 15 minutes so that is very accomodatiing for flights. A little pricy but it is New York. Very nice and comfortable room.

Room Tip: the airport is only 5 minutes away by shuttle
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Good Day,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the shuttle service to your liking. We look forward to serving your travel needs at the LaGuardia Airport Marriott.

Salt Lake City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have lost my flight at LaGuardia airport so I had to spend a night in NYC. I decided for the first time to stay local near the airport instead of Manhattan and I was advised to call through the airport phones connecting to the hotel directly. I have chosen to call first Marriott since I had always good experience with the brand. An rude lady responded and she was unhappy that I was inquiring about the hotel rooms. I asked her are your rooms better at the Marriott Hotel or at the Courtyard? The response was I don't know. We have plenty of nice rooms for you available at the low rate of 279 $ plus tax. Having always a positive experience with the brand I disregarded the unprofessional clerk but there was more to go through. I was greeted by a young lady that to my request for a single non smoking room she responded that there were only two rooms available. One king for handicapped people and one double bed. To my complain that I was told that there were plenty of rooms to choose from she responded "we are fully booked and that's what's available". When I told her that if I knew that poor availability I would have chosen another hotel she returned my credit card and told me that I can walk out to another hotel and find another room. " we are fully committed tonight sir and that s the best I can do for you....I don't have more than 2 minutes available " I told her that the availability was misrepresented on the phone and I will complain about it. She became defensive returned my credit card and ID and she told me that I should go to another hotel. Once I told her that I am very tired from the trip and I cannot go somewhere else she gave me the handicapped room on the 2nd floor. The elevators of the hotel were not working and so we had to spend 10 minutes waiting for the elevator to come. The room was very noisy being near the elevator and the street and I was unable to sleep. I ordered room service and the lady on the phone was very nice. I ordered a Marriott burger. To my surprise a chicken sandwich was brought to me. I called back the room service and I was told that they messed it up. They called me back and brought a lukewarm dry burger-they serve better burgers at Wendy's- and the check was 49 $ for a beer, burger and an appetizer.
I want to share with you my horrible experience to this hotel. Of note I have stayed at the Four Seasons in St Louis, MO and they charged me 245$ for a king room day a night difference from the one that I am staying and with the same price I got lunch that I still remember. The service there also so much better. Don't go to this hotel except if there is no other choice. NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Good Day,

I am sorry to hear about the problems you encountered at our hotel. I appreciate you letting me know so that we can improve our service. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further about the experience so that we make sure all issues are resolved. Please call me directly at 718-533-3000. In the meantime, I will be working diligently with our staff to make positive changes in all of the areas you mentioned. I know you have choices and truly don't want you to feel this way.

I look forward to hearing from you.

David Salcfas

Been to New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!