“FAR better than the LaGuardia Plaza across the street!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Breakfast & Internet
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Denver, Colorado
“FAR better than the LaGuardia Plaza across the street!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Clean and comfortable bed. Excellent breakfast and friendly staff. Well equipped for biz travel. Updated rooms with plenty of technical ports and large bathroom. Originally booked across the street... But checked I at the Marriott because the competitor accommodations were truly terrible.

• Stayed July 2013
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let the entire team know that they helped you have a great stay with us. I apologize for the confusion with WiFi. All of us at Marriott are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

David Salcfas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
nassau,bahamas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Got placed here by the airline after my flight out of JFK was delayed by almost 24 hrs. After all the airport hassle with the flight, then having to drive from JFK in 5pm traffic to this hotel which probably would only have been about 15-20 mins without the traffic AND if the driver didnt take us to the wrong place.......it was good to arrive to a nice, modern, clean and comfortable hotel. Front desk staff was efficient and welcoming and more than patient in dealing with more than 50 irritated and pissed off passengers.
There are no stores/restaurants in the area but the hotel has a little section where you can get all the necessary toiletries and whatever you may need for the night and there is also a bar/lounge and full restaurant on site. Lucky for us meals, were on the airline and it was a blessing too as the food was really good. (Please try the brownie sundae in Empire Lounge...OMG!)
The only complaint I would have had was that there was a sign in the room saying wifi in the rooms werent free (only in lobby and restaurant) and you could pay for wired internet...but there were no internet cables. HOWEVER it turns out the wifi was accessible from the room for free, so they should really remove the little signs if theyre not true.
Either way, if I happen to be by laguardia and need a place to stay and this one is in my range, then i'd stay again for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Met friends for dinner in between flights. Everyone was friendly and attentive. Food, drinks and service were excellent thanks to Rosa and Roseann. Will definitely go there again when we are in that area . Love Marriott, never disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013
Thanks for staying with us at the LaGuardia Airport Marriott. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Rosa and Roseann were so helpful! I’ll be sure to share your comments with them. See you soon.

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed ast the Masrriot for the second year in a row while attending a convention with my husband. It did not disappoint. The rooms were wonderful, and the staff was very attentive. We encountered the Revenue Manager whose name was Tina the first day there. She was most helpfull, very friendly and attentive. She also remembered my name 3 days later when I saw her again.

Saw Afar again in the conceirge lounge and she was just as wonderful as last year. Every member of the staff was most helpful. Definately would recommend this establishment and hope our next years conference is at the same place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the Concierge Lounge to your liking. We look forward to serving your travel needs at the LaGuardia Airport Marriott. I will be certain to pass along your positive comments to Tina and Afef, we look forward to your return.

Davis, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night of a two-city trip (more on that in a minute). Though I was there for barely 12 hours, it was a surprisingly good experience, especially for an airport hotel. I'll mention three things specifically:

1) My room: This was a category 5 hotel and I was staying on points, so my expectations were low. But my room was spacious, sparkling clean with updated furnishings, bedding, etc., and very comfortable. Bath towels were Category 5-ish, though.
2) The concierge lounge: This was lovely--light, comfortable, and a good breakfast buffet.
3) Best of all--The service: From the shuttle driver from LaGuardia to the front desk clerk who checked me in to the server in the lounge who brought me a bowl of soup and a glass of wine to the concierge lounge attendants to the bellman who got me a car in the morning--exceptionally friendly, hospitable, and helpful. What a difference that makes to a weary traveler.

In my first stop, I stayed in St. Petersburg, FL at a Hilton. I had a nice view of Tampa Bay, but other than that, the hotel itself was tired and needed updating and the service was indifferent. After I checked into my room at this Marriott in NYC, I literally breathed a sigh of relief. It's nice how Marriott is so consistent and dependable.

One last note: The shuttle service from LaGuardia was a zoo. They came promptly (within 15 min. of when I called). But the traffic is so heavy that you literally have to weave through cars with your luggage 3-4 lanes to flag down the shuttle. There is no dedicated spot for them to pull up. This is not the hotel's fault, of course, but if someone had mobility issues, this could be a daunting barrier. In that case, I'd say skip the shuttle and get a cab. It's only about a 5-minute ride, anyway. Not worth risking your life.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for staying with us at the LaGuardia Airport Marriott. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that thw drivers and Bellmen were helpful! I’ll be sure to share your comments with them.

We look forward to your return.

New England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Having arrived in the early evening at LaGuardia Airport in NY, I needed to spend a night at an hotel before catching my flight departing the following day from JFK. I chose the Marriott because I had visited it briefly 15 years ago (never as a guest) and the reviews were moderately good.
When I arrived at the airport kerbside I placed a call to the hotel to send a courtesy bus. Although I let the phone ring at least 12 times there was no reply. After waiting 10 mins I called again and this time the call was answered on the sixth ring. They promised to send a bus within 15 minutes and it was at least that long before it arrived. Since the distance covered is just over a quarter mile and the traffic wasn't too bad, I find that annoying.
After checking in, the front desk clerk told me that the elevators were "straight ahead and to the left." What she meant was that the elevators were to my left... not quite the same thing. So after walking through the conference area I had to backtrack to get to the right place. My bags were extremely heavy but no help was offered neither by the front desk clerk nor by anyone else.
The room was very average. The bed's duvet had seem better days and the bed wasn't very comfortable but at least the room had a selection of pillows of varying softness.
The bathroom was small, cramped and short of tissues...The dispenser ran out after about 10 had been used. I had to hunt for a hairdryer (hanging on the ironing board...first place I should have looked, silly me!!), and it was dirty and its vents were clogged with hair. It should have been replaced months, maybe years ago.
Room service was very average and they didn't have the whole wheat bread touted so frequently as a menu option. There was no form for hanging on the door to mark breakfast choices despite the mention in the Guest Services guide.
The front desk was less than helpful when I requested late check out.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay and level of customer service. The issues you mentioned are not typical of our hotel and we are incredibly sorry for every inconvenience. Please contact me directly for further assistance with any of these matters at 718-533-3000. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the LaGuardia Airport area.

I hope you will give us an opportunity to make it up to you.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was here for a conference where they offered us a great rate on the room. After taxes, the high price of bar food ( since nothing else food wise is close by ) it pretty much ended up being an average price.

Room Tip: corner suites are quieter..chose a lower floor as elevators are slow. ask for a fridge in your room...