“Again, a winner!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in East Elmhurst
Rochester, New York
“Again, a winner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed ast the Masrriot for the second year in a row while attending a convention with my husband. It did not disappoint. The rooms were wonderful, and the staff was very attentive. We encountered the Revenue Manager whose name was Tina the first day there. She was most helpfull, very friendly and attentive. She also remembered my name 3 days later when I saw her again.

Saw Afar again in the conceirge lounge and she was just as wonderful as last year. Every member of the staff was most helpful. Definately would recommend this establishment and hope our next years conference is at the same place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the Concierge Lounge to your liking. We look forward to serving your travel needs at the LaGuardia Airport Marriott. I will be certain to pass along your positive comments to Tina and Afef, we look forward to your return.

239 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Davis, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night of a two-city trip (more on that in a minute). Though I was there for barely 12 hours, it was a surprisingly good experience, especially for an airport hotel. I'll mention three things specifically:

1) My room: This was a category 5 hotel and I was staying on points, so my expectations were low. But my room was spacious, sparkling clean with updated furnishings, bedding, etc., and very comfortable. Bath towels were Category 5-ish, though.
2) The concierge lounge: This was lovely--light, comfortable, and a good breakfast buffet.
3) Best of all--The service: From the shuttle driver from LaGuardia to the front desk clerk who checked me in to the server in the lounge who brought me a bowl of soup and a glass of wine to the concierge lounge attendants to the bellman who got me a car in the morning--exceptionally friendly, hospitable, and helpful. What a difference that makes to a weary traveler.

In my first stop, I stayed in St. Petersburg, FL at a Hilton. I had a nice view of Tampa Bay, but other than that, the hotel itself was tired and needed updating and the service was indifferent. After I checked into my room at this Marriott in NYC, I literally breathed a sigh of relief. It's nice how Marriott is so consistent and dependable.

One last note: The shuttle service from LaGuardia was a zoo. They came promptly (within 15 min. of when I called). But the traffic is so heavy that you literally have to weave through cars with your luggage 3-4 lanes to flag down the shuttle. There is no dedicated spot for them to pull up. This is not the hotel's fault, of course, but if someone had mobility issues, this could be a daunting barrier. In that case, I'd say skip the shuttle and get a cab. It's only about a 5-minute ride, anyway. Not worth risking your life.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for staying with us at the LaGuardia Airport Marriott. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that thw drivers and Bellmen were helpful! I’ll be sure to share your comments with them.

We look forward to your return.

New England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Having arrived in the early evening at LaGuardia Airport in NY, I needed to spend a night at an hotel before catching my flight departing the following day from JFK. I chose the Marriott because I had visited it briefly 15 years ago (never as a guest) and the reviews were moderately good.
When I arrived at the airport kerbside I placed a call to the hotel to send a courtesy bus. Although I let the phone ring at least 12 times there was no reply. After waiting 10 mins I called again and this time the call was answered on the sixth ring. They promised to send a bus within 15 minutes and it was at least that long before it arrived. Since the distance covered is just over a quarter mile and the traffic wasn't too bad, I find that annoying.
After checking in, the front desk clerk told me that the elevators were "straight ahead and to the left." What she meant was that the elevators were to my left... not quite the same thing. So after walking through the conference area I had to backtrack to get to the right place. My bags were extremely heavy but no help was offered neither by the front desk clerk nor by anyone else.
The room was very average. The bed's duvet had seem better days and the bed wasn't very comfortable but at least the room had a selection of pillows of varying softness.
The bathroom was small, cramped and short of tissues...The dispenser ran out after about 10 had been used. I had to hunt for a hairdryer (hanging on the ironing board...first place I should have looked, silly me!!), and it was dirty and its vents were clogged with hair. It should have been replaced months, maybe years ago.
Room service was very average and they didn't have the whole wheat bread touted so frequently as a menu option. There was no form for hanging on the door to mark breakfast choices despite the mention in the Guest Services guide.
The front desk was less than helpful when I requested late check out.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay and level of customer service. The issues you mentioned are not typical of our hotel and we are incredibly sorry for every inconvenience. Please contact me directly for further assistance with any of these matters at 718-533-3000. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the LaGuardia Airport area.

I hope you will give us an opportunity to make it up to you.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was here for a conference where they offered us a great rate on the room. After taxes, the high price of bar food ( since nothing else food wise is close by ) it pretty much ended up being an average price.

Room Tip: corner suites are quieter..chose a lower floor as elevators are slow. ask for a fridge in your room...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure that all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Your review will help us make the necessary improvements in our Bar, as it was discussed during our most recent team meeting. We hope that next time you’re in the area you will consider staying with us again. Please call me when your planning your next trip to New York City.

718-533-3000
Intercourse, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Its a good quality marriott with professional employees, a fairly good location (near the airport) and decent food/bar (love the chicken wings) easy access to the mta bus to get into manhattan. Much better then anything around here

• Stayed May 2013
Thanks for staying here at the LaGuardia Airport Marriott. We’re glad you experienced our caring service and great hotel amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Was in the area for a conference about an hour away and wanted to stay much closer to LGA before heading home in the morning. I can't complain about the proximity of this hotel to the airport. Without a rental car, I did not feel safe venturing out on my own, so I missed an opportunity to do some sightseeing while in the NYC area.
Ate at the bar for dinner and the food was pretty good for a hotel restaurant in the US. Ordered some dessert through room service and it was delivered with a smile.
I had a room facing the highway and the noise from the cars driving by was very loud. You would have thought they would have installed some sound proof windows to help with that, but there were gaps between the window and the frame which let most of the noise in.

Overall, room was clean, shuttle drivers and staff were courteous. Would recommend if you want to be near the airport before an early flight out of town.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear that from the shuttle drivers to the food and beverage experience, your stay was to your liking. We look forward to serving your travel needs next time at the LaGuardia Airport Marriott. Should you return to the NYC area, please let me know, so I can anticipate your arrival.

David.salcfas@marriott.com
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was expecting more from this hotel since it was a Marriott hotel but nonetheless, the hotel was decent with clean rooms and decent bedding. We had a King Size room (Delux) but the bathroom was not made for two so we had to take turns going in and out the bathroom (one sink).

The hotel carpeting is also dated and somewhat worn but the walls were clean. Since we were pressed for time we had breakfast at the restaurant downstairs - Steinway is the name I beleive.

There is onsite parking but it costs about $20 per stay. Since we came in from Jersey, we parked on the street since we were only staying one night. The Hotel is close to the parkway so the location was ideal for us.

Overall, we would likely stay here again but we would like to see if they can upgrade the hotel somewhat.

Room Tip: If you tell them you have AAA you get 10% off the room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!