“Great for those early morning flights” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Breakfast & Internet
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great for those early morning flights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Was in the area for a conference about an hour away and wanted to stay much closer to LGA before heading home in the morning. I can't complain about the proximity of this hotel to the airport. Without a rental car, I did not feel safe venturing out on my own, so I missed an opportunity to do some sightseeing while in the NYC area.
Ate at the bar for dinner and the food was pretty good for a hotel restaurant in the US. Ordered some dessert through room service and it was delivered with a smile.
I had a room facing the highway and the noise from the cars driving by was very loud. You would have thought they would have installed some sound proof windows to help with that, but there were gaps between the window and the frame which let most of the noise in.

Overall, room was clean, shuttle drivers and staff were courteous. Would recommend if you want to be near the airport before an early flight out of town.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear that from the shuttle drivers to the food and beverage experience, your stay was to your liking. We look forward to serving your travel needs next time at the LaGuardia Airport Marriott. Should you return to the NYC area, please let me know, so I can anticipate your arrival.

Best Regards,
David Salcfas
David.salcfas@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was expecting more from this hotel since it was a Marriott hotel but nonetheless, the hotel was decent with clean rooms and decent bedding. We had a King Size room (Delux) but the bathroom was not made for two so we had to take turns going in and out the bathroom (one sink).

The hotel carpeting is also dated and somewhat worn but the walls were clean. Since we were pressed for time we had breakfast at the restaurant downstairs - Steinway is the name I beleive.

There is onsite parking but it costs about $20 per stay. Since we came in from Jersey, we parked on the street since we were only staying one night. The Hotel is close to the parkway so the location was ideal for us.

Overall, we would likely stay here again but we would like to see if they can upgrade the hotel somewhat.

Room Tip: If you tell them you have AAA you get 10% off the room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

It started with the ride over. It felt like we were riding on a dirt road and look like section eight housing. We arrived late checked in. The lobby smelled of cigar Smoke. Now normally as gold members you are treated nice, this was not the case. We were not offered any aminnities and told that the club lounge was closed for the weekend. The only reason for staying at this hotel was the free breakfast offered in the club lounge.
We head up the first elevator does not work the second works but upon reaching your floor only the inside doors open but not the floor doors.
Finally find an elevator that works reach my floor it smells like cigar smoke just like the lobby.
Sleep Ok, next day get up no breakfast go to the gym it's in good condition but out side the window you can see where people have been climbing into the property.
Back to the room for a shower, the waters good and hot but when you look up you see all the mold in the vent over the shower head. After the shower dried off, go to blow dry my hair and the hair is broken. Now it works you just have to chance electrocution to dy your hair I decide to go with the wet look.
Head down to check out and meet the the lobby manager and she doesent even ask how my stay was. I mention my experience and am meet with the response of. "OK"
That's when I decided to make this report.
I have photos if you dont believe me.

• Stayed May 2013
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I was expecting much better service than I encountered. Room service/welcome amenity was very late in arriving, I was assigned to a room by the ice machine but no worries it had no ice. The phone by the work desk did not work. There was candy on the floor from a previous guest.
I will not stay here unless i have flight that does not go. Other Marriotts in the area are significantly better.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice machines.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My daughter and I booked a room at this hotel for a one night stay to attend the 12-12-12 benefit concert at Madison Square Garden. We arrived early evening and were promptly picked up by the shuttle with the kindest, most wonderful driver who stated he would call for a call service to get us to the Garden on time. We checked into the hotel, grabbed quick bite from room service and returned to the lobby to wait for our car. The car was running late, my daughter was starting to panic, and what did the wonderful driver/concierge do? He called his friend who drove a limo and happened to be in the area to take us to the concert for the same price. I have never had such personal service from any one at Marriott. Above and Beyond is an understatement!! My daughter will always remember the concert, but I will never forget this kind man. We drove up to the Garden in a white stretch limo and felt like celebrities!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I like this hotel! It is very close to LGA (less than 5 minutes). The rooms are clean, & modern. Very nice lobby and great bar. The staff is always welcoming and willing to take time and go the extra mile for a guest. The food in the hotel is good, slightly over priced (but what hotel isn't? Besides its NYC baby). I've never been disappointed in my stay here. (My little note.... The hotel runs on an old 2pipe heating and cooling system. What this means is that during some months the heat is on, in other months the a/c is on. If its too hot in the room turn off the heating and a/c control and open the window. It doesn't open very far, but just enough to cool things off). Have a great stay here!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kent, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Made a very last minute 'walk in' booking as a flight got cancelled. Super service, friendly and efficient. Sorted me out with an ok room, bar was buzzing basketball night. chicken wings were HOT! all in all its an airport hotel, its super close to the airport, the shuttle is frequent. If you need a quick easy overnight then this is for you, if you have a bit of time i would ditch it and head into town for the night. you are so close to the big city and could easily see a few of the bright lights without too much of a taxi ride. prob a better idea staying down town IYAM.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!