“Newly Renovated - Great Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Airway Inn at LaGuardia
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   82-20 Astoria Blvd., East Elmhurst, NY 11370   |
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Newly Renovated - Great Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I have been to this hotel now three times and my prior two trips were not the best. However, my last stay was very good as they have completely renovated this building. Overall it is a lot cleaner, the people that work there are so friendly and I can't get over the nice new wall paper. Great stay, highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I was looking for a hotel close to LaGuardia airport and this Airway Inn is basically 3mns away. The free 24hr shuttle service is also a big plus. The Jamaican driver is super nice! The place is under a much needed renovation. The room and bathroom were very clean but the wall paper is peeling off and the carpet really needs to go, like ASAP. The building and furniture look and smell old. But like I said it's being renovated and I'd be curious to see the result. The place has a lot of potential, I hope they do a great job with the renovation. I found it a little pricey but it maybe because it was labor day weekend. I would give it another try if I'm ever in town for a few days.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

I stayed one night . The rooms are awful. I checked into one and the shower did'nt work so I was given another one. The shower worked in it but the water went down so slow that by the time I'd finished my shower it was it was half way up my leg. The furniture was grubby and the chairs had holes and rips in them in both rooms. The mattress's were dirty, sheets had rips and one of the rooms had a blanket on the bed with hair all over it. The pillows were either flat or lumpy, totally uncomfortable. The rooms smelled horrible too. Could'nt wait to leave. The only good thing about it was the staff, all very nice and pleasant, other wise this place is a dive.

Room Tip: Rooms are ugly and grubby
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

we know the hotel for 8 years every time we coming to NY we stay in AMInn
is Mr Bob and Laura
we love the hotel there are very nice peoples...Mr Eldin...Mr Guillermo-FlD
and the maid there are very frendly
love
Bob and Laura

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
New York Mills, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

free shuttle service from airports,nice clean room ,friendly staff feel like home

Room Tip: nice clean room,coffee machine,lcd tv ,comfortable bed and sheets
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
astoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Due to the heat wave in NYC, I needed a hotel to sta in overnight since my apartment had no electricity. I called around searching for a reasonably priced hotel room. Some hotels were over booked, while others were rip off prices. Airway understood my situation well and exceeded my expectations with price and service. Everything went well form the moment I called to the moment of check out. I appreciate the understanding of the situation I was in. Thank you very much!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

We live near by. Due to the outage in the area we had to find a place to stay for two nights until we got elecetricity back. We called several hotels in the area and when we called Airway Inn we just happen to speak to the manager who was extremely nice and hospitable! He promised to give us a very nice room and when we got there it was better then what we had expected!! We stayed in room #305 and it was just comfortable. The room was big and clean, the bathroom just renovated , loved the coridoors leading up to the room. The small issue that we had upon arriving in the room, the air conditioning seemed to be not working, we then called the front desk, in no time the maintenance guy showed up and explained to us how to operate the AC unit which was heating in AC unit combined in one. We will recommend this hotel to everybody we know, and we will be back, we just hope not to have the same reason to be back!

Room Tip: Big comforable and clean!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Airway Inn at LaGuardia? Share your experiences!