“Great value for families” 4 of 5 stars
Review of LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York

Save Saved
You added LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York to your Saves list
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   104-04 Ditmars Blvd, East Elmhurst, NY 11369 (Formerly Crowne Plaza New York - LaGuardia Airport)   |
Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in East Elmhurst
Bedford, Massachusetts
“Great value for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We have stayed here numerous times. The hotel is not luxurious but it is a great place for families in the NYC area. It has a pool and reasonably-priced breakfasts (and rooms that accommodate 4 people). The staff is extraordinarily helpful. Some of the rooms need to be refurbished and are poorly lit. We were able to get more lamps for our room without any trouble. It is a short ride to Manhattan by car (although I think you can take some kind of public transport and tours seem to stop there). It is close to LaGuardia airport (which means there is noise from the planes). If you are drivng to New York, it is a great because there is adequate, reasonably priced parking. I don't believe it has a restaurant but it does have a bar. Carla at the desk was fantastic!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the LaGuardia Plaza hotel. We are glad to hear that you found our staff friendly , and that your family was able to enjoy our extended amenities such as our pool and breakfast. Thank you for your comments we will be sure to share it with our staff. We look forward to seeing you soon, safe travel.

560 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I cannot say enough about this hotel. While the rooms are a little bit dated, they are spacious and comfortable and CLEAN. We had the unusual circumstances of staying here for several months, so we had the opportunity to see the hotel perform on a daily basis. Housekeeping is consistent every single day, very good at their job. What stands out the most about this hotel, especially to us, was the daily front desk staff. These folks are super friendly, patient, and helpful in any way they possibly can. As we had a rather extended stay we got to know and become very friendly with some members of the staff. The day/night managers, Effie/Mario are very professional and take care of any concerns you might have immediately. Front desk clerks Carla, Carollynn, Joseph, Daniel and Jay all know their business and do it very well. Always friendly and accomodating and willing to go the extra mile. We were extremely pleased with our stay at this hotel. The big pool, jacuzzi, well equipped gym, large business center, restaurant and lounge all on the premises didn't hurt a bit either! We obviously highly recommend this hotel if you need to stay in the area or visit the City. You will not find better accommodations at the reasonable room rates of this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the LaGuardia Plaza hotel. We are glad to hear that you found our staff friendly and that our services as a whole were of value to you. Thank you for your extensive comments, our Trip Advisor community will be able to determine that the Laguardia Plaza Hotel is the place to be while visiting NY for a short or a long stay. We look forward to seeing you soon, safe travel
Greensboro, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The hotel is very outdated, the pool wasn´t working, the room was very very average with nothing very comfortable. It just seems very run down. Staff were friendly. They have a shuttle service to LGA that stops at other hotels too. It certainly did not exceed my expectations. I would probably not stay there again... would try something a bit nicer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your business and for sharing your comments on the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel. The convience and staff friendliness of the hotel are definitely on point, over the next several months , the hotel will begin extensive renovations to update the hotel, restoring its grand appearance and bringing the hotels oversized rooms up to date with all new furnishings, and amenities. Thank you again and travel safe.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great Hotel. My husband and I, stay there all the time when we come to New York. The hotel is very convenient to all the New York City airports Laguardia Airport (2 min away) and John F.Kennedy Airport (10 min away). The hotel is very clean, the rooms are spacious, and beautiful. Their staff are wonderful people,they are very polite, helpful, cheerful. Lorraine is one of the best customer service agent there. She helped us make our stay wonderful, she helped us with our check in, and she explained all the services the hotel offers such as restaurants, business center, fitness center in others. She was also very nice when we asked her how to get around town. she has a wonderful charisma. We have stayed in this hotel over 4 times. We keep coming back because this hotel is just great, and we love the service Lorraine, and her fellow peers offer each time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the LaGuardia Plaza hotel. We are glad to hear that you found the Laguardia Plaza Hotel convenient , clean and our staff friendly. You are our valued customer and we will continue to exceed your expectations. Thank you for your comments we will be sure to share it with our staff. We look forward to seeing you soon, safe travel.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Hit Trip Advisor just to write this review after an amazing four-day stay in NYC. We had a great time and while usually I write reviews based only on what I'm writing about, I have to say that the trip as a whole was better because of this hotel. They weren't just helpful with our stay, but with our journey in NYC. We stayed the weekend of Oct. 19 - great fall weather!

The help: Everyone was extremely helpful. We had no idea how to utilize a subway, or the bus route or anything, at all. They had a guide, map and helpful advice for us. And were patient with us when I caused their shuttle to try and find me three times at the airport. Carolynn, Daniel, Effie, EVERYONE was amazing. They stored our luggage, gave tips, and were always so kind.

The room: You don't go on a trip typically for the hotel, so not having a luxurious layout was fine. The room was cozy, especially the bed (we slept in until 2 p.m. .. waste of a day, but we were relaxed!). The TV wasn't quite working, but it was a nice LCD. I don't know if it is a recent update, but I remember expecting a big CRT due to reviews. The TV was nice and had a game system attached. NO sign of bed bugs or anything that was discerning at all. Just the rooms' color was kinda' dungy-looking but eh, that's taste I suppose. Housekeeping was awesome. Everything was kept clean.

The area: You're right by Corona (great Mexican food trucks via bus, as well as the subway) and the airport. If the shuttle isn't operating to take you to the subway, then the Q23 bus is. I mistakenly thought there wasn't 24/7 airport shuttle service. There is. Pro tip: Use it when you're returning from the subway (bus to airport, shuttle to hotel).

Food: Again, you don't typically go to a hotel for the vacation show. So my food journey was mostly in Chinatown. But Embers was alright. They made some good cocktails, if a litttttle overpriced (but I'm used to $3 shots, so..). It took the guy on duty at the desk who told me about their complimentary tea to get the lady working the bar in the evening to get a tea bag for me, but other than her everyone was extremeeeely polite and helpful and even she complied after realizing the tea bags were free.

Other: They had a nice gift shop with basic needs stuff and souvenirs, which is where I got half of my presents for folks. They were great with helping us with our luggage and even when we checked out, they kindly offered to hold something for us to give to someone we knew there who would be visiting.

Value: I booked via Expedia, so we got a pretty sweet deal and I can't quite speak for the value of what others may typically pay. I can only say we'll definitely come again if we're ever in NYC. They're part of the reason why we may actually return in the first place! They made the trip so easy for us - I just can't say the same for other peoples' visit in other hotels near that area.

Overview: The service was the best part of the whole thing. Newer TVs. Cozy, clean beds and rooms. Helpful to any out-of-staters. Safe and welcoming. I wish I could personally thank everyone who helped us.

Room Tip: Hit Trip Advisor just to write this review after an amazing four-day stay in NYC. We had a great tim...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the LaGuardia Plaza hotel. We are glad to hear that you found our staff friendly and that our shuttle service and extra amenities were of value to you. Thank you for your extensive comments our Trip Advisor community will be able to determine that the Laguardia Plaza Hotel is the place to be while visiting NY. We look forward to seeing you soon, safe travel.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

While we had to wait over half an hour to be picked up by the shuttle from the airport, the hotel staff tried to make it right for us (free breakfast even when we haven't checked in yet). It was busy when we were there but the hotel staff tried to make the place less chaotic. Carla and Darlene and the hotel manager (sorry, didn't get her name) tried to make our stay very pleasant. Our request for room change was carried out even when the hotel was quite booked. Bellman was very pleasant as well. Complimentary breakfast was not good at all, don't count on it. Shuttle service also was not reliable. It only goes once a day to the mall. Bed was comfortable though which was the thing the matters most to me after a long day in Manhattan. For the price that we paid, I think the hotel lived up to it. Will stay there again should we be in the area again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the LaGuardia Plaza hotel. We are glad to hear that you found our staff friendly and that we met your expectations. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the NY area. Thank you for your comments we will be sure to share it with our staff. We look forward to seeing you soon, safe travel.
California Hot Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I travel all over the USA and in Europe I made a reservation at the Marriott La Guardia and they screwed it up and I had NO ROOM, so I walked across the street and went in the La Guardia Plaza Hotel a beautiful red brick building, as I am walking I noticed how clean the property was, my first thought no room will be available. As I walked into this beautiful lobby I went up to the reservation desk and meet a very cheerful young lady by the name Carolynn and I explained my circumstance, well she told me that the hotel was filled and I knew it to be true just looking at this place, as I walked away she called me back and told me to hang on so I can make sure, she left for about 15 minutes as I am sitting down another customer service person came by the name of Carla, again she was so nice and she told me that Carolynn is speaking to the hotel manager, well guess what she came back along with the hotel manager and told me sorry you had to wait but we are going to give you a room, don't know how & I don't care. All three were EXTRAORDINARY

The room was beautiful and the food was really great, just so you know I am scratching Marriott off my list and the La Guardia Plaza Hotel is my new home when I come into New York, you can't beat the price far lesss then staying in Manhattan, and the trip from the Plaza to Manhattan is only 30 minutes great location a few minutes to the airport & 30 to Manhattan Concierge is Josepl What a wonderful man & so Polite LOVE THIS PLACE.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor so you can see the airplanes taking off
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the LaGuardia Plaza hotel. We are glad to hear that you found our staff friendly and that the Laguardia Plaza Hotel will be your new home away from home. Thank you for your comments we will be sure to share it with our staff. We look forward to seeing you soon, safe travel.

Been to LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York? Share your experiences!