“Not bad for a one night stay if you are in the LGA area” 3 of 5 stars
Review of LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York

You added LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York to your Saves list
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   104-04 Ditmars Blvd, East Elmhurst, NY 11369 (Formerly Crowne Plaza New York - LaGuardia Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Upgrade To First Class
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Greensboro, NC
“Not bad for a one night stay if you are in the LGA area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The hotel is very outdated, the pool wasn´t working, the room was very very average with nothing very comfortable. It just seems very run down. Staff were friendly. They have a shuttle service to LGA that stops at other hotels too. It certainly did not exceed my expectations. I would probably not stay there again... would try something a bit nicer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your business and for sharing your comments on the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel. The convience and staff friendliness of the hotel are definitely on point, over the next several months , the hotel will begin extensive renovations to update the hotel, restoring its grand appearance and bringing the hotels oversized rooms up to date with all new furnishings, and amenities. Thank you again and travel safe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great Hotel. My husband and I, stay there all the time when we come to New York. The hotel is very convenient to all the New York City airports Laguardia Airport (2 min away) and John F.Kennedy Airport (10 min away). The hotel is very clean, the rooms are spacious, and beautiful. Their staff are wonderful people,they are very polite, helpful, cheerful. Lorraine is one of the best customer service agent there. She helped us make our stay wonderful, she helped us with our check in, and she explained all the services the hotel offers such as restaurants, business center, fitness center in others. She was also very nice when we asked her how to get around town. she has a wonderful charisma. We have stayed in this hotel over 4 times. We keep coming back because this hotel is just great, and we love the service Lorraine, and her fellow peers offer each time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the LaGuardia Plaza hotel. We are glad to hear that you found the Laguardia Plaza Hotel convenient , clean and our staff friendly. You are our valued customer and we will continue to exceed your expectations. Thank you for your comments we will be sure to share it with our staff. We look forward to seeing you soon, safe travel.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Hit Trip Advisor just to write this review after an amazing four-day stay in NYC. We had a great time and while usually I write reviews based only on what I'm writing about, I have to say that the trip as a whole was better because of this hotel. They weren't just helpful with our stay, but with our journey in NYC. We stayed the weekend of Oct. 19 - great fall weather!

The help: Everyone was extremely helpful. We had no idea how to utilize a subway, or the bus route or anything, at all. They had a guide, map and helpful advice for us. And were patient with us when I caused their shuttle to try and find me three times at the airport. Carolynn, Daniel, Effie, EVERYONE was amazing. They stored our luggage, gave tips, and were always so kind.

The room: You don't go on a trip typically for the hotel, so not having a luxurious layout was fine. The room was cozy, especially the bed (we slept in until 2 p.m. .. waste of a day, but we were relaxed!). The TV wasn't quite working, but it was a nice LCD. I don't know if it is a recent update, but I remember expecting a big CRT due to reviews. The TV was nice and had a game system attached. NO sign of bed bugs or anything that was discerning at all. Just the rooms' color was kinda' dungy-looking but eh, that's taste I suppose. Housekeeping was awesome. Everything was kept clean.

The area: You're right by Corona (great Mexican food trucks via bus, as well as the subway) and the airport. If the shuttle isn't operating to take you to the subway, then the Q23 bus is. I mistakenly thought there wasn't 24/7 airport shuttle service. There is. Pro tip: Use it when you're returning from the subway (bus to airport, shuttle to hotel).

Food: Again, you don't typically go to a hotel for the vacation show. So my food journey was mostly in Chinatown. But Embers was alright. They made some good cocktails, if a litttttle overpriced (but I'm used to $3 shots, so..). It took the guy on duty at the desk who told me about their complimentary tea to get the lady working the bar in the evening to get a tea bag for me, but other than her everyone was extremeeeely polite and helpful and even she complied after realizing the tea bags were free.

Other: They had a nice gift shop with basic needs stuff and souvenirs, which is where I got half of my presents for folks. They were great with helping us with our luggage and even when we checked out, they kindly offered to hold something for us to give to someone we knew there who would be visiting.

Value: I booked via Expedia, so we got a pretty sweet deal and I can't quite speak for the value of what others may typically pay. I can only say we'll definitely come again if we're ever in NYC. They're part of the reason why we may actually return in the first place! They made the trip so easy for us - I just can't say the same for other peoples' visit in other hotels near that area.

Overview: The service was the best part of the whole thing. Newer TVs. Cozy, clean beds and rooms. Helpful to any out-of-staters. Safe and welcoming. I wish I could personally thank everyone who helped us.

Room Tip: Hit Trip Advisor just to write this review after an amazing four-day stay in NYC. We had a great tim...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the LaGuardia Plaza hotel. We are glad to hear that you found our staff friendly and that our shuttle service and extra amenities were of value to you. Thank you for your extensive comments our Trip Advisor community will be able to determine that the Laguardia Plaza Hotel is the place to be while visiting NY. We look forward to seeing you soon, safe travel.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

While we had to wait over half an hour to be picked up by the shuttle from the airport, the hotel staff tried to make it right for us (free breakfast even when we haven't checked in yet). It was busy when we were there but the hotel staff tried to make the place less chaotic. Carla and Darlene and the hotel manager (sorry, didn't get her name) tried to make our stay very pleasant. Our request for room change was carried out even when the hotel was quite booked. Bellman was very pleasant as well. Complimentary breakfast was not good at all, don't count on it. Shuttle service also was not reliable. It only goes once a day to the mall. Bed was comfortable though which was the thing the matters most to me after a long day in Manhattan. For the price that we paid, I think the hotel lived up to it. Will stay there again should we be in the area again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the LaGuardia Plaza hotel. We are glad to hear that you found our staff friendly and that we met your expectations. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the NY area. Thank you for your comments we will be sure to share it with our staff. We look forward to seeing you soon, safe travel.
California Hot Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I travel all over the USA and in Europe I made a reservation at the Marriott La Guardia and they screwed it up and I had NO ROOM, so I walked across the street and went in the La Guardia Plaza Hotel a beautiful red brick building, as I am walking I noticed how clean the property was, my first thought no room will be available. As I walked into this beautiful lobby I went up to the reservation desk and meet a very cheerful young lady by the name Carolynn and I explained my circumstance, well she told me that the hotel was filled and I knew it to be true just looking at this place, as I walked away she called me back and told me to hang on so I can make sure, she left for about 15 minutes as I am sitting down another customer service person came by the name of Carla, again she was so nice and she told me that Carolynn is speaking to the hotel manager, well guess what she came back along with the hotel manager and told me sorry you had to wait but we are going to give you a room, don't know how & I don't care. All three were EXTRAORDINARY

The room was beautiful and the food was really great, just so you know I am scratching Marriott off my list and the La Guardia Plaza Hotel is my new home when I come into New York, you can't beat the price far lesss then staying in Manhattan, and the trip from the Plaza to Manhattan is only 30 minutes great location a few minutes to the airport & 30 to Manhattan Concierge is Josepl What a wonderful man & so Polite LOVE THIS PLACE.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor so you can see the airplanes taking off
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the LaGuardia Plaza hotel. We are glad to hear that you found our staff friendly and that the Laguardia Plaza Hotel will be your new home away from home. Thank you for your comments we will be sure to share it with our staff. We look forward to seeing you soon, safe travel.
New Braunfels, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Okay, so I am a little late in writing this review, but whatevs. I stayed here a few days after Sandy hit, and was amazed at how well everything was running! I had a double-bed room (dad came too), and LOVED the room. The bar was not the worst hotel bar, but it was hopping! (Election night was a treat there.) The service was wonderful; when we had to cut a day of sight-seeing short (due to a freaky-out-of-the-blue-snow storm), we were given a list of nearby restaurants that would deliver, which was cool. My dad and I had a very touristy-look to us, and the front desk made sure to take care of us, and ensured that we not only knew where we were going, but how we would go about doing so.
With all things considered-- Freak storm Sandy and then almost immediately after a SNOW STORM!?!-- This hotel ran like a VERY well oiled machine, and I cannot wait to come back in the Spring!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor community. We are glad to hear that you LOVED our rooms and that we exceeded your expectations . We greatly appreciate your kind remarks about the hotel staff , we will be sure to pass them along. Looking forward to seeing you in the spring. Thank you again and travel safe.
DeLand, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was our first time to the Big Apple and we got a treat staying 4nights here. Located a mile from the airport, they picked us up at 8am & took us to a 4:30am flight, which was great. No worries about traffic getting to and from the airport. No this is not a new hotel, but it was clean, friendly, quite, and well maintained - especially being close to the airport. We found the hotel well maintained and the staff very friendly. Their shuttle took us to the subway ( 7 train downtown ) which is about a mile from the hotel. Darlene at the front desk is a real gem and was very patient giving us the low down on how the subway works. The shuttle drivers were also friendly on the short 10 minute ride. Two things we weren't real keen on. The first complaint is the restaurants cold breakfast leaves a lot to be desired as well as limited dinner choice that you have to order in the lounge. For dinner we used Airways Pizza- menus at the desk- they're fast, reasonable, and good. My 2nd complaint is that we got married while in NYC, and the hotel didn't do anything out of the way for us, you would have thought they could have bought us a drink in the lounge. Also they didn't have flat screen TV's.
We are all ready planning our next trip to NYC and were seriously thinking of here again if we don't get a little closer in town.

Room Tip: We were in room 304, has 2 beds and my partner could smoke. Quite & clean.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the LaGuardia Plaza hotel. We are glad to hear that you found our staff friendly and that our shuttle service and extra amenities were of value to you. Thank you for your comments we will be sure to share it with our staff. We look forward to seeing you soon, safe travel.

Been to LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York? Share your experiences!