“Pricey but the staff made was friendly and pleasant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York

You added LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York to your Saves list
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   104-04 Ditmars Blvd, East Elmhurst, NY 11369 (Formerly Crowne Plaza New York - LaGuardia Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
UPGRADE TO FIRST CLASS
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Dallas, Texas
“Pricey but the staff made was friendly and pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I am the type of person that is always reading the reviews before I travel, so I hope this is helpful. I wanted to visit New York City and since it was going to be my first time, I wanted to do the whole "Sex in the city" experience but unfortunately, I decided to visit (found out after I purchase my flight) at the same time as President Obama which limited me to a hotel in queens since all hotels in the city were booked. I was already a little disappointed hotel prices all over the city sky rocketed and I was paying high price for a hotel not in manhattan. The highlight of my stay was this hotel. The staff made me feel like I was in a downtown luxury hotel especially Derek and Darlene they assisted me in find everything I needed and and even pointed out that even though I was in queens manhattan was train or cab ride away. Darlene very courteous and professional always had great smile and extremely friendly demeanor and Derek show extreme professionalism and was very helpful every-time so if you do go to New York looking for that "Sex in the city" experience I recommend starting it in queens, and I recommend that you stay at the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel!!

PS
Say Hello to Derek and Darlene!!

Thanks
LaGuardia Plaza Staff for an amazing time!!

Tex in the City!!

• Stayed September 2013
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We are pleased to hear that your stay at the LaGuardia Plaza hotel was a pleasant and accomodating experience. We will be sure to let our staff of hospitality professionals know your thoughts about your stay. We look forward to seeing you soon, travel safe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed here twice for my business trip, I like it here and I would definitely come back again. One thing happened both of my trip was that the room key card got malfunction, other than that... Everything was great for around a hundred bucks in New York.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your business and for your comments regarding your recent stay. The staff and management appreciate the fact that your stay was of value . We will look into your comment in regards to your room key malfunctioning and address the issue to avoid it from happening again. We look forward to seeing you soon . Thank you again and travel safe.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My family booked their stay via the hotels website with the hopes of finding larger space and comfort then Manhattan. They arrived in NY having recently taken trips to Dubai, Turkey, Spain and Japan to find their room tighter then they imagined a room outside of Manhattan would be. What the room size lacked, the hotel made up for it in the excellent service, cleanliness, professionalism and diversity of hotel guests making the LaGuardia PLAZA quite cosmopolitan. The pool, gym and business conference rooms seemed barely used, perhaps due to the short stays guests typically have (missed flights, next day cruises, stewardesses and pilots). After a few days, the room turned out to be cozy as we found ourselves spending time at other parts of the hotel when not touring NYC.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience and opinion with our Trip Advisor community. The staff and management are glad to hear that we were able to overexceed your expectations. We will be sure to let out entire staff of hospitality professionals know your thoughts about your stay. We hope to see you soon on your next visit. Thank you again and travel safe.
Chillicothe, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had a day layover between the end of our cruise and our flight out. We checked in several hours before check in time without any problems. The room was clean as was the bathroom. The location is great for airport access besides the free shuttle is great also. We ate at the "Embers" the hotels bar and grill where we had a very good meal. So thank you Lorraine and Carlyn at the front desk and Jasmine and Terrence at Embers for a great stay. Hope to be back someday!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your business and for your comments regarding your recent stay. The staff and management appreciate the fact that your stay was of value . We look forward to seeing you soon . Thank you again and travel safe.
Stevenage, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I had to stay here because my airline cancelled my flight, and airline had booked me in here. My room was on the 3rd floor. The room was ok, the shower looked unclean so I did not venture in to try it out. The shower room was very basic, I suppose like the room. I went down to the bar to get a drink and some food. There was no room to sit at the bar and no available tables. I eventually got a drink, but stood up drinking it. I did not order any food so I went back to the room. So glad I only stayed here for one night. Checked out early in the morning to catch the shuttle back to the Airport. Shuttle driver was great.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your business and for you sharing your comments with our Trip Advisor community. Your comments are very helpful to us as we work toward improving overall guest satisfaction. Thank you again and travel safe.
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I called to make sure before I got there if I could check in early because my plane landed early... they said I could... needless to say once I got there I specifically asked for a room with a walk in shower and a flat screen TV... but I didn't get that person at the front desk said it would be one in there but it wasn't ... The bed was dirty, and hard, the carpet was nasty, and the bathroom, I will be reporting this hotel to the health department because its that filthy. If I could I would rate this HOTEL a 0

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your business and for sharing your comments with our Trip Advisor community. We apologize if your stay was less than satisfactory, and not considered of value.
The hotel will be beginning extensive renovations within the next upcoming months . As for the cleaniness issue , your comments will be helpful as we work toward improving overall guest satisfaction. Thank you and travel safe.
Dublin, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

If you're on a budget, spending your own money, and trying to keep it as inexpensive as possible, then...this is a great choice! We were moving our child in to local university (there went ALL our money!) from across country and needed a staging point. This hotel was fine. It's safe, clean, everything worked, and the location was great. There was definitely wear & tear all around-but no horrid smells, and the staff was very helpful & friendly. All the appliances (elevators, hairdryer, air-conditioner, coffee maker, lights, tv...etc) worked fine, and it was quiet. We could easily of spent double, or triple, but why? We stayed 4 nights. Went to the city a couple of days, and spent a couple of days loading up at Costco, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, etc. & moving into a dorm. Mostly we just slept at the hotel. The subway is easily accessible by hotel shuttle, and returning at night was easy by bus. We're not at all familiar with East Coast public transit (or bus systems actually), but we never had any problems-no matter how late we returned! We rented a car for a day, which we picked up right around the corner-using the hotel shuttle again (great drivers-very helpful & friendly, with lots of tips!)-and the parking at the hotel was great.
Conclusion: If you're on someone else's dime-maybe don't stay here.....If you're watching your OWN dimes, it's great, especially if that's your main concern. We liked it! We'll probably stay here again when the kid graduates!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience with us and with the Trip advisor communtiy. We are pleased to hear that your stay at t he LaGuardia Plaza hotel was a pleasant and comfortable one. We will be sure to let out entire staff of hospitality professionals know your thoughts and about your stay. Thank you again and travel safe.

Been to LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York? Share your experiences!