“Airport Convenient” 3 of 5 stars
Review of LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York

Save Saved
You added LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York to your Saves list
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   104-04 Ditmars Blvd, East Elmhurst, NY 11369 (Formerly Crowne Plaza New York - LaGuardia Airport)   |
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in East Elmhurst
“Airport Convenient”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at this location for six nights, and with three couples, we had three rooms booked. The staff was courteous, but we didn't take advantage of any of the amenities because we intended to get out and about visiting friends and sampling the available diverse food in other neighborhoods.
What struck me was the lack of a vent fan in the bathrooms, causing mirror fogging and leaving a musty odor in the room. I also felt the rooms needed some up-level cleaning and/or refurbishment. We kept our slippers on. Another minus is the lack of parking on-premises, causing us to park our vehicle in the street and compete with limousine service vehicles (stationed there to report to LGA) and alternate side parking rules. I realize parking is at a premium in NYC (lived there for 59 years), but hotels should have space available for convenient guest parking, as does the Fairfield Inn in Astoria.
On the plus side it is very convenient to LaGuardia Airport (across the Grand Central Parkway) and the rates are substantially lower than in Manhattan.
Would I stay at this location again? Yes. It fulfilled our needs and was priced right for one room with a king-sized bed at $830 for six nights, including all taxes.

Room Tip: Book on-line.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your business and your comments during your stay with us. We are glad to hear you found your stay of value. We are glad to hear you will stay with us in the near future and look forward to your return. Thank you again and travel safe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

In my line of I work I stay in hotels up and down the east coast. In this instance I needed a hotel close to LGA. The LaGuardia Plaza Hotel seemed perfect and I was right. As soon as I got off my plane I called the hotel and they sent Patric with the free shuttle right over. I only waited 5 minutes. Upon entering the hotel I was greeted with great big smiles, friendly attitudes! Great people! Darlene, Lorraine, Richard B, Rory. We were laughing and as they were answering my questions I really felt at home. My room was spotless. I needed a ride to the store, they gave me one. I needed a later checkout time. They gave me one. My breakfast, fresh hot waffles, delicious juice, toasted bagel and great coffee. The pool was invigorating. Over all the is outstanding. I know I will be back. I will not forget how great the people treated me. God bless everyone at the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We are please to hear that your stay at the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel was of value. We will be sure to let our entire staff of hospitality professionals know your thoughts about your stay.Thank you again and travel safe.
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Only plus: pleasant front desk staff. Room was filthy. I didn't wang to take off my socks. On either side of the bedside table were candy bar crumbs. The air smelled like stale smoke. Not opposed to roughing it... But this was dirty, not Spartan.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your business and for your comments. We apologize if your stay was less than satisfactory and not considered of value. The hotel will begin phase 1 of extensive renovations during the next several months. We appreciate your comments and will take corrective action in order to avoid any future experiences such as yours. Thank you again and travel safe.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed at this property on a layover between an international/domestic connection, booking it online, because of its location and cost. I found the property to provide an excellent value; the front desk representative who assisted me several times - LORRAINE MELO - was exceptionally courteous, friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel for those wanting to stay minutes away from LaGuardia and who want to have great front desk staff when you're tired and want to get some rest!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your business and for your comments to our Trip Advisor community.We are glad you gave us the opportunity to be of service and help make your stay in New York as pleasant as possible. We enjoy making all of our guests trips as easy as possible. Thanks again and travel safe.
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Hotel was fine for one night.

Pros:
Good water pressure in shower.
Good, reasonably priced breakfast.
Room was clean and comfortable.
Polite, helpful desk staff.
Free, very fast shuttle to airport, which leaves at regular intervals.

Cons:
First room we checked into smelled very strongly of smoke, although the switched us to a new room immediately. The smoke detector in our new room was broken, which explains how people have been smoking in a non-smoking hotel!
Hotel is very far out from train station - you need to take a taxi to the station, or spend $50+ on a taxi into the city. I wouldn't recommend this hotel if you need to travel back and forth to Manhattan very often.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your business and for your comments.We greatly appreciate your kind remarks on behalf of the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel. I am sure our viewers find your comments useful when booking our property. Please also note that traveling to Manhattan is convenient being that we provide a complimentary shuttle to the train daily every hour from 7a- till 1p amd 5 p till 9p. There is also the Q48 and Q23 located right outside of the hotel that drops you off at the train. You can be in the city in less than 40 minutes. Thank you again and travel safe.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed here in June 2013 for our three night stopover in New York. Prior to our stay we were in contact with hotel staff who were very helpful regarding our questions (we were first time visitors to New York) and that helped put us at ease.

We actually arrived after midnight on first evening but the room was very comfortable and a nice, large size too. When we got the opportunity to explore what the hotel had to offer I'd have to say I was happy with the customer service at the front desk (and while we were there, there was a very rude customer who had made a mistake of her own but the staff were more than helpful and accommodating).

The buses were as advertised, (or should I say shuttles) times were right and convenient and helpful too, bus drivers were helpful with advice. Location wise, perhaps it's a little far out for those who really want to explore New York and Manhattan - this isn't a complaint from us as we knew that before we booked our stay there, and the booking was more to do with the convenience of our departing internal flight being from LGA.

The pool and spa/jacuzzi area was clean, well maintained and supervised and very relaxing, and further (perhaps most importantly for those looking for a good nights sleep) it was absolutely quiet throughout the night, which was lovely for us.

In the interest of balance and clarity it should be mentioned that I do agree with some prior reviewers about the lack of eateries in the area being a bit of a disadvantage however this should not come as a surprise if you do your research as we did - if you are prepared for this, and a slightly longer trip into Manhattan if that is your purpose for choosing this hotel, then you will be pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your business and for your comments. We greatly appreciate your kind remarks about the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel. Your comments are very helpful for our Trip Advisor Community . Thank you again and safe travel.
Crestview
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Nice Hotel...Very Friendly staff, but bring your own food if you arrive after 3PM on Saturday. Absolutely no place to eat other then overpriced bar food. We walked to two close-by hotels, no food there either. All three hotels had a restaurant but not one was open...all three close at 3PM??? Other then this I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Bring food.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your business and for your comments. We greatly appreciate your kind remarks about the Laguardia Plaza hotel. Our Pavillion Grille is open for continental breakfast from 6a till 11am. Our Embers Lounge opens at 3p and is open till midnight . Thank you again and safe travel.

Been to LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York? Share your experiences!